The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why am I forced to play Huttball?

AnotherAgnostic

Or is it below the mini-map?

P.S. Huttball is the best warzone, and so rare too! ):

Oh yeah, you're right. It is below the minimap

And Novare is the best WZ. Everybody knows that!

Edited by Veniras

Those hating Huttball are generally the same asking for a deathmatch-only WZ to be created.

Generally, those people chase players in Huttball and kill them even though the ball is 100 meters away.

To be fair, I still think you should be allowed to unpick 1 out of 4 WZ. I mean, no need to have dead weight in Huttball, those who love it knows how to play it and how fun it is.

Create more Huttball !!!!!!

I'm one of the ones who hate huttball (because I don't play a character that has a push, pull, or leap) and I hate deathmatches. At least I have three other warzones to romp around in. I'll still stick around even if I draw recess at the jedi temple, but I don't enjoy it. :(

Huttball = leave immediately.

**** that warzone. Broken pos map should be renamed forceball. There are so many problems with that warzone that it's not even funny. Too many classes are completely useless in huttball while 3 classes completely dominate it.

Huttball = leave immediately.

**** that warzone. Broken pos map should be renamed forceball. There are so many problems with that warzone that it's not even funny. Too many classes are completely useless in huttball while 3 classes completely dominate it.

Except Powertechs and Operative Healers are every bit as good and useful at it as the force classes (moreso than Sorcerers, in my opinion.) Melee classes without a proper gap closer suck at it and hate it (Shadow and Scoundrel DPS, although Shadows can do ok due to sprint and shroud) as do Commandos but every other class has a very useful role to play.

I don't see that option to quit huttball??? The only time I see is when a match is made... but it doesn't tell you what kind of match it is. It's random.

Just click quit the warzone when its huttball...

Not rocket science.

Edited by PloGreen

There are times when I enjoy Huttball, those times being when my team has a mix of the classes this particular zone favours and they know the drill. As a Scoundrel I can then fit into this reasonably well and do my bit.

The times I hate it are when I am solo queuing and the system throws our less than adequate randomly generated side up against Imp premades who have the right team members on their side in play, and are those who have Huttballed in their sleep, have their leap, pull, force sprint routine down to a pat and pull off a conveyor belt 6 0 victory in 2 minutes flat.

The latter happens way more often han the former., it's painful and pretty much unstoppable.

So yep, love/hate relationship with this particular zone more than any of the others because no other zone so markedly favours a particular group of classes and their talents.

It would be nice if Bioware could come up with other zones that favoured other classes to the same extent. A zone in which the leapers felt as hamstrung at times as us stealthers can do in Huttball...I can dream :)

I've actually gone around Hutt Ball just gibbing for the last couple matching and OMG, it is sooooo much more fun! Hutt Ball would make a great death match arena. Too bad it's wasted on the pathetic attempt at a WZ that it is. Oh well, I'll just keep gibbing away. Don't pass me the ball. Edited by KiranK

I hate when the the other team is a pre-made and their win train comes chugging down the one side for an easy goal while the people in your pug are idiots just floating around completely clueless. Even worse, they repeat the same thing over and over untill they win 6-0, while nobody in your pug except yourself understands the importance (or the need) of defence. Edited by SwordofSodan

For me huttball depends on the class I'm playing. I'm a sniper demon at huttball. I can't run the ball but if you're on my team and have the ball everybody who comes near will soon be dead.

My scoundrel on the other hand sucks balls. Can't kill, can't run, best I can do is try to stealth attack the few people I can in our endzone.

But rather than ***** about it I take it as an opportunity to lean new tricks. I've seen good scoundrels at huttball, Instead of rage quitting I need to try to learn what makes them so good.

I hate Huttball. It's the worst pvp in the known universe. Period! That is my opinion anyways. I know some people probably love it. That would be fine except I'm forced to play it. Why is that? It makes doing pvp a real bummer. So stupid.

If we had four separate queues then the wait would be too long. When people ask these types questions, such as why cant we separate premades, or separate gear levels it is the same answer.

It's also like vegetables, they are good for you. If you played one WZ over and over you would get sick of it. So you may think you hate it but it serves a greater good.

The people who leave the warzone can leave the 7 other players shorthanded, not that they care.

Edited by richardya

The only problem i have with Huttball is that the team with the most Sorcs/Sages with pulls, Assassins/Shadows and Guard/Juggs will have more of an advantage than the other team

The most powerful skill in the game is available to everyone: Throw Huttball.

No ones forcing you to play. Quit and rejoin a new WZ.

I dont want any huttball haters in my map anyways. It shows weak competitive spirit and lack of sporting background.

People who havent played team sports probably dont like huttball, and their tactics while on the map generally reflect the lack of understanding on how to play as a team, so the team is generally better off without these types.

To each their own, but if you dont like huttball, do the rest of us a favor, and dont play so we can compete without you.

I agree tbh...not about huttball, but that we should be able to chose which one to queue for.

Personally i'd mostly be in the huttball queue.

Cross server warzones please and option to chose please...