The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why am I forced to play Huttball?

AnotherAgnostic

I hate Huttball. It's the worst pvp in the known universe. Period! That is my opinion anyways. I know some people probably love it. That would be fine except I'm forced to play it. Why is that? It makes doing pvp a real bummer. So stupid.

you arent forced to play huttball. they give you the option to quit as soon as you load in. I hate Novarre Coast, So every time I load in to it I immediately quit warzone and re-queue.

you arent forced to play huttball. they give you the option to quit as soon as you load in. I hate Novarre Coast, So every time I load in to it I immediately quit warzone and re-queue.

I don't see that option to quit huttball??? The only time I see is when a match is made... but it doesn't tell you what kind of match it is. It's random.

I hate Huttball. It's the worst pvp in the known universe. Period! That is my opinion anyways. I know some people probably love it. That would be fine except I'm forced to play it. Why is that? It makes doing pvp a real bummer. So stupid.

Who is using force to make you play huttball. Do they hit you if your mouse gets close to the leave warzone button?

I usually exit them unless i'm down to 1 more round to get my daily and don't want to wait for another queue pop. Its way too favorable to the leapy classes. Everyone fusses about roots, but without them huttball would be and even worse joke than it is now. Edited by Ybini
spell check

Part of the problem with cherrypicking is that it would be to easy to build certain warzone specific compositions/setups and just pound out the one warzone 24/7

2 tank spec jugg/guards specced and geared for max mitigation with a sorc healer and a pyro pt as a 4 man for huttball for example.

By adding in variety there's some spirit of fair play in the competition since that beastly hard to kill grouping would also have a hard time having the dps to overtly push a node (depending on the 4 puggers they get paired with).

I join the queue... in a few minutes it asks If I want to join battle... I hit yes... then i'm in huttball... now what?

What he is saying is that you leave as soon as you show up in the huttball waiting area. I do not advocate this personally but on the flip side if you bail while there's over a minute still on the clock with the new server sizes nine times out of ten someone will be plugged into your vacated spot before the match begins so the team will not start out down a man.

Huttball can be a mixed bag.

I love it on some of my toons, not so much on others, on one i particularly dislike it. Not all classes are as useful as each other in HB.

That said, I am sure that when I figure how to use the toon I dislike it on, within HB, I will most likely enjoy it on that toon also.

HB requires some classes to rethink their approach, and thus, some players really hate it. Keep an open mind, and figure out what you should actually be doing in there, you wont play HB the same way as NC or CW I am sure.

Make a Guardian or a class that has a pull you will love it.

While I enjoy it in some capacity on almost all of my classes (I have done at least 10-49 WZ's on all but a guard/jugg thus far) I have to say even when not on a legit ballcarrying class or a sorc/puller it is a blast.

On my sniper or Vanguard I derive a huge amount of satisfaction from utterly denying the other team the capacity to score-- and those 15k defender medals make me just as content as being a part of the scoring offense.

just leave wz when its huttball.

but how can u hate the best warzon in this game?

Or u one of those guys who prefer voidstar/civil war gear check?LOLZ

Those hating Huttball are generally the same asking for a deathmatch-only WZ to be created.

Generally, those people chase players in Huttball and kill them even though the ball is 100 meters away.

To be fair, I still think you should be allowed to unpick 1 out of 4 WZ. I mean, no need to have dead weight in Huttball, those who love it knows how to play it and how fun it is.

Create more Huttball !!!!!!