Pt op

Meatnose

Now you know how marauders feel.

No.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2lcb94x.jpg

Yeah. Marauders are so OP they're the best in damage and have more survivability blah blah blah.

Look at Carthy and Amatsu's deeps and their death count.

Now tell me if PTs are not more OP than all other classes when coupled with good healers.

Bro pls... stop i know your upset i killed u in a 1v1... but cmon now THIS IS TO FAR !

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we just nerf Cake?... I say Cake is OP!

But seriously PTs and Maras are not OP. Any good dps can put up big numbers if they dont die..... maybe not the numbers of Carthy or Lordross but still high. These guys are Augmented Warhero geared and have been for a while.

Equal gear

How to kill a Mara - Saber throw - Force push - ravage - shatter - impale - force scream - couple more attacks - force choke on undying rage - finish him!

How to kill a PT - same as above but without undying rage. You may want a healer or tank to help though.

You'll probably lose 1 v 1 but with a moderate amount of heals you'll do fine.

Edited by blue_talon

Any good dps can put up big numbers if they dont die..... maybe not the numbers of Carthy or Lordross but still high. These guys are Augmented Warhero geared and have been for a while.

I've not seen any other class, full augmented War Hero or not, put up a million damage since 1.2. The screen shots posted of Carthy and Amatsu (SP) is a great indication of how easy it is to sustain their damage throughout a warzone. The next highest DPS classes on their team are doing half of the output. Its indefensible, seriously.

Can we just nerf Cake?... I say Cake is OP!

But seriously PTs and Maras are not OP. Any good dps can put up big numbers if they dont die..... maybe not the numbers of Carthy or Lordross but still high. These guys are Augmented Warhero geared and have been for a while.

Equal gear

How to kill a Mara - Saber throw - Force push - ravage - shatter - impale - force scream - couple more attacks - force choke on undying rage - finish him!

How to kill a PT - same as above but without undying rage. You may want a healer or tank to help though.

You'll probably lose 1 v 1 but with a moderate amount of heals you'll do fine.

thanks bt but i never really pull any big damage rofl. Been playing carnage since ranked and it's not great for DPS. If there's one thing I learned from swtor, however, is to never take the forum seriously.

Look at this screenshot:

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/1255/screenshot2012060721120.jpg

Now tell me sorc heals have a problem.

http://i.imgur.com/pJoDo.jpg

Oh and that mercenary heals need buff.

Honestly the only class that deserve a revamp is mercenary dps and it's only the arsenal spec because it's just so brain dead to play.

Everything else is fine and if you have problem beating anything at all it's mostly a l2p issue.

Edited by hyuplee

I've not seen any other class, full augmented War Hero or not, put up a million damage since 1.2. The screen shots posted of Carthy and Amatsu (SP) is a great indication of how easy it is to sustain their damage throughout a warzone. The next highest DPS classes on their team are doing half of the output. Its indefensible, seriously.

I've seen Rage and Mara Juggs, Lethality OPs and Sniper and the usual Maras and PTs on my server post 800k plus on a long Voidstar and CW.

I've seen Mercs/Sorc, Veng Juggs, and Stabby ops and hit 500k regularly from range.

A Mil damage is DoTs and AOE... its 50% fluff damage.

A Mil damage is DoTs and AOE... its 50% fluff damage.

You realize we're talking about Pyros, right? Who basically just tunnel a target down? The AOE damage and DOT damage they do is insigificant in comparison to a madness sorc or Lethality OP/Sniper. Essentially, they're a single target DPS class, obliterating even AOE DPS classes in DPS.

They have high burst, no cast times, great mobility, and easily managed resources.

thanks bt but i never really pull any big damage rofl. Been playing carnage since ranked and it's not great for DPS. If there's one thing I learned from swtor, however, is to never take the forum seriously.

Look at this screenshot:

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/1255/screenshot2012060721120.jpg

Now tell me sorc heals have a problem.

http://i.imgur.com/pJoDo.jpg

Oh and that mercenary heals need buff.

Honestly the only class that deserve a revamp is mercenary dps and it's only the arsenal spec because it's just so brain dead to play.

Everything else is fine and if you have problem beating anything at all it's mostly a l2p issue.

But but but Forum trolling is so much fun.

You guys are good.. no denying the fact. I look forward to trying to kill you more.

Merc dps did get a buff in 1.3 but I think is was a sneaky one. Our mercs can post 300k regularly on a short match and 500k on a long one. Its all Arsenal and all single target. Simple to use but difficult to achieve, or so I've been told. Never liked the merc play myself.

I completely agree about class balance. Pretty much every class is fine. They have specific roles and ways to play. Its great. If you play to your advantages, like Carthy and co, then you will beat the other team 90% of the time. If you fluff around chasing numbers or QQing then you are a bad and you will be eaten alive. Enjoy.

You realize we're talking about Pyros, right? Who basically just tunnel a target down? The AOE damage and DOT damage they do is insigificant in comparison to a madness sorc or Lethality OP/Sniper. Essentially, they're a single target DPS class, obliterating even AOE DPS classes in DPS.

They have high burst, no cast times, great mobility, and easily managed resources.

DoT damage for a pyro accounts for about 30% of their damage overall. Run a parser and you'll see. Combined with their AOE they can proc burning on a number of targets, hence inflating damage done. While yes they do tunnel down single targets, especially tanks, a lot of damage comes from 'fluff' DoTs....

btw cast time for incindery missle...... just saying

dude, if we're gonna start listing every good features every class has it'd take an entire week to even scratch the surface. I'm gonna list something and you're gonna rebuke them and we fight and it all goes down in endless flame wars. Every class has its own perks, okay? Srsly if you are an avid pvper you should've realized this by now.

Edited by hyuplee

Give us the survivability of an Assassin or a Marauder and we can talk about dps nerfs.

Scrubs giving a **** about Pub Alderaan games where mid is not capped and almost nobody dies all game. Wow...

btw cast time for incindery missle...... just saying

Incendiary Missle: Instant, 25 Heat, Range 30m. What ARE you saying?

Thank you so much for posting this, I was having trouble locating a screen where sorc dominated in wz - there's a few but i forgot to screenshot it seems - but now? problem solved.

Yeah sorc dps are useless in wz everyone should respec to heal.

derp.

Last I checked Sorcs don't have taunt or guard, derp.

Give us the survivability of an Assassin or a Marauder and we can talk about dps nerfs.

Scrubs giving a **** about Pub Alderaan games where mid is not capped and almost nobody dies all game. Wow...

Don't tell the bad the secret. They think Pyro PTs are immortal....... next you'll be telling everyone that dps Ops are still viable.... sheesh

Every class has its own perks, okay? Srsly if you are an avid pvper you should've realized this by now.

I absolutely agree, every class does have some nice tools. Powertechs simply have the best compliment of tools in terms of offensive viability.

So you want your class to be easier to play so u can have an easier time doing the same amount of dmg that guy just did, and you're calling people scrubs?

rofl, forum.

I absolutely agree, every class does have some nice tools. Powertechs simply have the best compliment of tools in terms of offensive viability.

Agreed. That is not to say they warrant a nerf though.

Edited by hyuplee

Thank you so much for posting this, I was having trouble locating a screen where sorc dominated in wz - there's a few but i forgot to screenshot it seems - but now? problem solved.

Yeah sorc dps are useless in wz everyone should respec to heal.

derp.

He's an Assassin, look at the bindings.

Madness too. Didn't see that coming.

Edited by Igniteeee

But they can die like everyone else. You kill them they dont hurt you. Its a team sport. or should be. Theres no point calling for a nerf on an offensive class, when they have little to no defensive CD's, cant stealth or leap. Yes they have grapple but that does not improve mobility, it brings the fight to them not them to the fight.

And you're right about incindery missle - my bad. My wires got crossed somewhere.

Assassin - damn didnt notice that.

Edited by blue_talon