Should we get reimbursed for our lost game time due to Bioware stuff ups.

PyroJosh

Hi there,

Normally I wouldnt do this sort of thing but the latest patch is the last straw.

At the moment I am losing days of game time with all the maintianance patches going on, I no there supposed to help with the game and their timed well for some servers so their working when most people arent on but our time (on Dalborra) is during peak time and alot of players (including me) can only play during these times.

And the latest patch 1.3.2 I cant even get the game to work and get past the login stage and this also stops alot of players as well and this isnt even the first stuff up.

I personally belive we should be getting game time with all these screw ups and unscheualde maintianance work going on its unreal the amount of time I lose because of these issues.

Anyway theres my vent.

Cheers

This game does feel like it has a lot of maintenance downtime doesn't it? SWTOR is the first mmorpg that have got into, but I have played Tera, and DC Universe. Neither Tera nor DC universe had as many maintenance patches as this game does. Now, you may think this is a good thing, but not really, if you suspect they are fixing issues they created with additions to the game. Bioware are indeed Amateurs in the mmorpg genre, but I'm sure they'll improve over time.

It also hurts those who work during the week, and only have nighttime play time.

Edited by cool-dude

This game does feel like it has a lot of maintenance downtime doesn't it? SWTOR is the first mmorpg that have got into, but I have played Tera, and DC Universe. Neither Tera nor DC universe had as many maintenance patches as this game does. Now, you may think this is a good thing, but not really, if you suspect they are fixing issues they created with additions to the game. Bioware are indeed Amateurs in the mmorpg genre, but I'm sure they'll improve over time.

It also hurts those who work during the week, and only have nighttime play time.

its no where near as many as WoW had when it launched. It's not that the game is any more broken then DC universe or tera (allthough tera has been out for what 2 years overseas already) but its that Bioware tries to fix the problem right away. DC universe would wait weeks to fix bugs that they created with patches.

The real amatures are the MMO companies that sit on the bugs instead of fixing them right away.

edit: in fact I remeber seeing a post on redidt that compared down times for MMOs and SWTOR was tied with rift at #1 for highest up time.

Edited by jarjarloves

Hi there,

Normally I wouldnt do this sort of thing but the latest patch is the last straw.

At the moment I am losing days of game time with all the maintianance patches going on, I no there supposed to help with the game and their timed well for some servers so their working when most people arent on but our time (on Dalborra) is during peak time and alot of players (including me) can only play during these times.

And the latest patch 1.3.2 I cant even get the game to work and get past the login stage and this also stops alot of players as well and this isnt even the first stuff up.

I personally belive we should be getting game time with all these screw ups and unscheualde maintianance work going on its unreal the amount of time I lose because of these issues.

Anyway theres my vent.

Cheers

Should you get a refund for maintenance times? No.

Should you get a refund if you can no longer open the game and play? Sure.

I bet if you review the EULA (End User License Agreement), that I am certain that you just clicked "NEXT" for when you installed the game, you would find that there is no guarantee of availability. You have no claim for any sort of reimbursement for lost time. Could you possibly imagine what the cost of 5 9's (99.999%) of up-time would cost Bioware, yep, and those costs would be passed on to you.

Is it inconvenient to have the servers go down, sometime unexpectedly? Yep! Do you deserve anything for your trouble? Nope! Go outside and get some fresh air when it happens...just relax....

Well OP if you can't log in you have grounds, sure. Does the launcher fail? If its just asking to pick an environment you select SWTOR. I've noticed this change has confused a lot of people.

For regions where the maintenance occurs during prime time there needs to be a change. Not sure if reimbursement is the answer but a staggered schedule should definitely be implemented.

I'm confused. You want free time to the game because you cannot play the game due to the maintenance schedule? If you are being honest, you would gain nothing: you would still be unable to play the game because of maintenance, free time or no.

So in short, there is no point. It would be a wasted effort.

Edited by HeavensAgent

"should" is a lot different than "is it legally required".

The EULA clearly states that availability isn't guaranteed, and Bioware can bring the servers down whenever they feel like it.

That being said, if the customers aren't happy, the customers won't pay. So it could be good practice in extreme measures to compensate players with a free day or whatever. Which has, in fact, happened in the past.

So I'd argue yes. If there is an extreme loss of game time due to bioware stuff ups, then it would probably be good business to give a free day, so it's something they probably should do.

No offense but, LOL!

Seriously, when did patches become a bad thing?

No offense but LOL.

Have you visited the so-called customer service area right after a "patch"?

For some players(using term loosely), patches are right up there with vomiting and diarrhea.

No offense but LOL.

Have you visited the so-called customer service area right after a "patch"?

For some players(using term loosely), patches are right up there with vomiting and diarrhea.

Honestly they may want to look at single player games then. Every patch is going to screw some stuff up. Also, I doubt there are a large percentage of players that can't play the game at all. I was referring to not being able to play due to the 4-6 hour maintenances.

Hi there,

Anyway theres my vent.

Cheers

You must be new to the internet. Welcome! Enjoy your stay.