Republic side PvP is going to die

DraxasSur

You are aware that the classes are mirrored right?

It disturbs me that people still make topics about this with no real evidence, they just throw in stun locking to get there point across.

no point in arguing with these people, they lose for the same reason they make these threads, they don't understand basic class mechanics and how they can do exactly the same to the imps as the imps do to them. They try to blame it on republic somehow being weaker but any small remaining imbalances between the classes are insignificant next to the difference between player skill, gear and group make up.

there are republic groups that are competitive and do smash most imp groups. players who dont even understand the idea of mirrors will have a hard time finding groups that want to carry them and so probably think they dont exist.

I can't say I will miss rebs, most of them are terry-bad PvP-ers. Stun, throw rocks, stun, heal, stun, interrupt, stun. I have lvl 50+ toons on the 3 major US servers, they all the same. I've only seen a handful of good rebs but even those get scarred without pocket healers.

LOL. So your saying you are getting hit for 6k+ 3 times in a row...ok dude...just stop...

Again.. no one is dieing in 2-3 shots. And guess what, Vanguards are the same class!

LoL are you kidding me? You spouted the same thing in the thread I have going and I proved you wrong with a screenshot of 10k damage in 2 seconds.

You've just got to accept that incoming damage really is that high. That's cool if you don't get it on your class, but a lot of other people do.

On topic: I don't think there's any imbalance between republic and imperial, the classes seem fairly well mirrored. Republic does get dominated on my server, but it's no different than the horde/alliance thing in WoW. Plus the gear disparity in this game is pretty big, so the first faction to have more well geared players is just going to naturally do better.

It is a real possibility to have a single faction's PvP die due to lact of interest, but there's enough same faction WZ that at least PvP will continue. I think the only real solution BW could do here would be to lower the gear disparity... there was a thread a while ago showing the differences between recruit, BM, and WH. It was quite large. Lower that a bit and it'll make things more accessible to players who aren't as geared. The more skilled group will still win out.

That's all I can really think of though... it is weird that imperial tends to be the dominant faction, and it was weird that horde was dominant in wow, but there's really not much difference between the two. At least as far as I know, anyway...

You know the balance issues in this game are getting out of hand when a fully geared tank can be killed in less than 5 seconds. In my last match I was literally dieing faster than i could throw a guard up. The Imps can stunlock me even if my resolve bar is full. Almost everyone I know is having these issues. If this doesn't get fixed or completely reworked, BW will be losing a ton of subs after 1.4.

Nerf Imperials!

I don't think it's class imbalance, I think it's player imbalance. For whatever reason (on my server) the imps are just generally better and take it more seriously. If I try to formulate a plan before the spawn opens on Rep side people usually just make jokes or tell me to F'off and then we go lose. The Reps I see almost always over compensate when an INC call is made which guarantees that we lose the other node/side. The Reps that I see talking smack in the server threads about how great they are pretty much always quit the match the first time something bad happens rather than try to come back to win. Other team took a 1-0 lead in Huttball? The first door got planted on Voidstar in less than 3 minutes? Get 2 to 1 turrets on CW? Yep, the self-proclaimed leet players just quit. Ironically, I have seen many of those matches turn around and become a win. I still see people that don't understand that the far left/right speeders take you to the node on CW and people asking what "rotation" means on the Rep side. If this game is for casuals, then for whatever reason the Rep side seems to be for the most casual of casuals (on my server). Regardless, I keep fighting and keep trying to help those that are willing to listen. I sympathize with the frustration of fighting what seems to be a losing battle, but the next time you think about complaining imbalance, perhaps you should spend that time reading PvP strategies rather than posting about the unfairness of imbalance when you can freelly roll any of the exact same classes that you complain about.

Republic side complains the imperials are overpowered. Imperial side complains Republic side is overpowered.

Republic side complains the imperials win 90% of the matches. Imperial side complains Republics win 90% of the matches.

It's just perceptive dissonance.

PS. I play both sides, neither one is noticeably better. I feel like imperial side has more noobs, but that is just anecdotal.

LoL are you kidding me? You spouted the same thing in the thread I have going and I proved you wrong with a screenshot of 10k damage in 2 seconds.

You've just got to accept that incoming damage really is that high. That's cool if you don't get it on your class, but a lot of other people do.

You posted a video of some Mara that had a single 6k+ hit (and it still took him 10+ seconds to kill anyone..with help). You and the OP are talking like this happens all the time, when in reality most DPS dont even get a 5k hit all game.

You also said you cant get a heal for over 3800 which is a complete lie. I see sorcs getting 5k+ crit heals all the time.

How do you take a 2 second screenshot btw?

Just had two warzones in a row, where all of us, including my guildies with more WH gear than me got killed in less than 5 seconds all the time. All Imps 11+ medals, best of us 3 medals. And we are no noobs. But I know your responses here already: stop QQ, L2P. This simply is not the case.

aka I suck at pvp and can only blame false imbalances and hacks/cheating to make myself feel better for losing so much

Some servers it's the complete opposite, before The Swiftsure died, I was in quite a few losing matches on my imperial. The characters are mirrored, or close enough that it makes little difference.

Republic side complains the imperials are overpowered. Imperial side complains Republic side is overpowered.

Republic side complains the imperials win 90% of the matches. Imperial side complains Republics win 90% of the matches.

It's just perceptive dissonance.

PS. I play both sides, neither one is noticeably better. I feel like imperial side has more noobs, but that is just anecdotal.

This is the wisest post in the thread. And very true on a three of the servers I've played on so far.

You are aware that the classes are mirrored right?

It disturbs me that people still make topics about this with no real evidence, they just throw in stun locking to get there point across.

you are aware that not all the talents on reb side that are mirror work correctly arent you? You apparently think people are just making these issues up and imo you either are posting without any knowlege of what is happening in pvp or are just trolling

you are aware that not all the talents on reb side that are mirror work correctly arent you? You apparently think people are just making these issues up and imo you either are posting without any knowlege of what is happening in pvp or are just trolling

Examples...?

People that say things like this without examples are just posting without any knowledge of what is happening in pvp or are just trolling.

Edited by Khoraji

Death from Above, while sounding much more awesome than Mortar volley, is no longer a superior skill. Same with Lightning/Project. They have both been equalized in my experience. Personally, I don't know of any other examples Edited by Belly