Regarding all the LI QQ....

Seriously people, that's enough. Lost Island is not hard if you know the mechanics and how to go about them. Stop whining over it. I complete it multiple times weekly as a now (nerfed) tankasin with 2 marauders and an operative healer. Granted we are all Rakata+ geared at this point, we completed this flashpoint on hardmode back when we where all Columi geared with the same group makeup. It is VERY possible with two melee dps.

Lost Island does NOT need a nerf, so, please devs, don't listen to these whiners. It is a nice change from all the ezmode roflstomp flashpoints.

/rant

Seriously people, that's enough. Lost Island is not hard if you know the mechanics and how to go about them. Stop whining over it. I complete it multiple times weekly as a now (nerfed) tankasin with 2 marauders and an operative healer. Granted we are all Rakata+ geared at this point, we completed this flashpoint on hardmode back when we where all Columi geared with the same group makeup. It is VERY possible with two melee dps.

Lost Island does NOT need a nerf, so, please devs, don't listen to these whiners. It is a nice change from all the ezmode roflstomp flashpoints.

/rant

i think the problem may be classification.

maybe bioware needs to come out and say : "Lost Island HM is not a flashpoint, it's a 4 man operation." :D

It's already designated as a Tier 2 flashpoint and included in the group finder as separate from every other flashpoint. It is obvious that it is supposed to be harder. There is no such thing as a 4-man operation. LI is a Tier 2 Flashpoint because it is a 4-man that his harder than the other 4-mans.

There needs to be more threads about LI difficulty.

Here's some suggested titles:

Save Lost Island from the bads!

LI L2P B4 SWTOR F2P

or if you are pro nerf:

OMG Stop vote kicking me because I'm melee!

You already got a Rakata chest why can't I have one?

/rant

I think your coments are unjustified.

Maybe you completed this quest. It doesn't mean others can't have problems with it. You said your team was well geared. It's not the same for each random group. You get all differently geared players in these group finder groups.

Personally, I've not done this as I'm gearing up for two different alts. it'll take double the time for me to so being it's two alts and not just one. But by the time I get there, I'll try to be well geared so to not have problems.

If you- and when I say you, I mean anyone who has done Lost Island or whatever quest is in question. If you've done it, instead of putting others down, use your time to try to help them by giving pointers instead of whinning yourself about them.

With all due respect- of course!

Edited by RikHar

You said your team was well geared. It's not the same for each random group.

Quite simply it's a Tier 2 Flashpoint, after running and gearing up with a combination or one or the other of Tier 1 Flashpoints & Story mode Operations(which can be done blind folded) then you should proceed to the Tier 2 Flashpoints. If people are in the queue for this Flashpoint that don't have the gear then politely remove them when you can.

Yes, the Flashpoint is difficult without a perfect group makeup but don't remove all challenge from this game please. With the lack of endgame content at this point we need SOMETHING challenging.

i think the problem may be classification.

maybe bioware needs to come out and say : "Lost Island HM is not a flashpoint, it's a 4 man operation." :D

you are confused.

the difference between a flashpoint and an operation is the number of players that can enter and complete the the zone. a flaspoint accept up to 4 players max while an operation accept up to 16 players (in pve). flashpoint and operation have their own mechanics. for instance, flashpoint can be reset, operation can't. you can be saved in operation and continue progress at a later time, you can't keep a saved status to a flashpoint, it will reset after a short period if nobody's inside.

lost island is indeed a flashpoint. difficulty of encounters has no bearing in that nomenclature.

Quite simply it's a Tier 2 Flashpoint, after running and gearing up with a combination or one or the other of Tier 1 Flashpoints & Story mode Operations(which can be done blind folded) then you should proceed to the Tier 2 Flashpoints. If people are in the queue for this Flashpoint that don't have the gear then politely remove them when you can.

Yes, the Flashpoint is difficult without a perfect group makeup but don't remove all challenge from this game please. With the lack of endgame content at this point we need SOMETHING challenging.

I agree so far the Game as a whole has given me a decent challenge when compared to some of the other games out there. Also I have found the flashpoints in general to be challenging for me since most of the time I run solo and since I am not in groups that much its not always easy to find my proper place in a group reguardless of how good my gear is. So personally I think that your suggestion is a good one or at least those who have done the flashpoints help those who havent this way people dont have a reason to complain all the time.

Maybe you completed this quest. It doesn't mean others can't have problems with it. You said your team was well geared. It's not the same for each random group. You get all differently geared players in these group finder groups.

Personally, I've not done this as I'm gearing up for two different alts. it'll take double the time for me to so being it's two alts and not just one. But by the time I get there, I'll try to be well geared so to not have problems.

If you- and when I say you, I mean anyone who has done Lost Island or whatever quest is in question. If you've done it, instead of putting others down, use your time to try to help them by giving pointers instead of whinning yourself about them.

With all due respect- of course!

I main a mostly PVP geared Sorc Healer, and went through it with a couple of guildies, and a fresh 50 in Recuit gear. It's not too hard to do, you just need to know what to do in the fights. When I was in it, earlier that same day with a buch of over geared PUGers who didn't know the fight at all (neither did I at that point) we failed miserably. At that point in time, I only had a few peices of Battlemaster armor, some Tionesse, and was mostly in Champion gear. (I refused to lose all PVE capability in my PVP gear by getting recruit gear, and instead sold the token for 350k very happily)

from the several threads i have read about this, the general consensus is that groups who are over geared for the instance like it as it is. those that are gear appropriate are having a difficult time going through it. those that have already done it a lot and are taking gear appropriate alts through it like it also.

personally it is a wasted zone. the only reason to ever do it is to complete the speeder quest. no one is going to farm bh tokens from it as there are faster means. gear is pointless as bh chest is better and less a head ache to get. t1 zones can drop the same things. most people who can race through it already have better gear.

bioware needs to leave it as it is and not waste any time on it.

Greetings everyone!

We appreciate all constructive feedback, positive or negative, and would like to see it! While we know the community can be frustrating at times, we ask that you please keep the topics more towards the game than criticism towards community. Since we have a few threads on the various aspect regarding Lost Island, we are going to close this thread in the interest of discussion and ask that you please continue this discussion here:

Thank you!