The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

This just in: Aim>Power

Theology

From your link:

Critical effect chance benefit scales slowly and limits to 30%. (for both stats and crit rating, which seems to indicate total crit %)

Absolutely not. As previously stated, there is no limit on total crit chance percentage other than the obvious cap of 100%. The bottom line is that with the low DR on your mainstat's crit chance contribution, Power doesn't pull ahead until unatainable levels of Aim, on a point-for-point basis.

Remember that's with 9% steely, without 9% steely, power is ALWAYS>aim.

Also untrue. Even without a +mainstat talent, a set of mainstat augments will beat out Power augments at the current gearing level for any attack with substantial base damage (>1000, roughly speaking).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think that Powertech has too many keybinds to bind "pass the Huttball". And you spam Flameburst when Railshot is off cooldown. So I think your opinion is invalid. If anybody else has any comments I'd welcome them (assuming they aren't bad).

(Also, the fact that I know your class better than you also adds to my statement above.)

How do you know the class better than me?

Edited by Theology

Because I have one Vanguard and one Powertech. Quit the Vanguard because I wanted to play with my Empire guild. Now I quit both because they're too easy and boring to play. Both with 70+ valor.

Because he's prolly seen your stream. lol.

I watched it one time and I was looking at his Hotkeys... Its hard to believe that you can be on a competitive team and refuse to bind the huttball key.

That wasn't the only thing I saw that was wrong with your playstyle either... Powertech really is the class that makes bads look good. So easy, even a caveman can do it!

Edited by lolcthulhu

Believe it or not he did. Search in the previous pages if it sounds too stupid to be true.

I tried to find his quote but he must have ninja edit it. Shame I was hoping for a good laugh, although watching his videos of him taking 5+ seconds to throw the ball is good enough lol

I tried to find his quote but he must have ninja edit it. Shame I was hoping for a good laugh, although watching his videos of him taking 5+ seconds to throw the ball is good enough lol

Yea, no worries though. Apparently, I got his guild to watch his stream (after they read several of my posts.) And they called him bad and he left with a bunch of others cause he got butthurt. LOL.

I have 23 binds, It's okay guys, I'll do like mediia and put it on some ridiculous bind that i have to move my entire hand for and stop all actions with. You know, like the number 7. Edited by Theology

i done the math ages ago on my operative, when you include the 9% extra from talents, 5% from buff it equals to .1 damage less then power, but increase in crit, i only did the math because some augment power fad was going along and other operatives asked me whats better, i knew but they needed maths. All i can say is primary stats are always better derrrrrrrrrrrr

Absolutely not. As previously stated, there is no limit on total crit chance percentage other than the obvious cap of 100%. The bottom line is that with the low DR on your mainstat's crit chance contribution, Power doesn't pull ahead until unatainable levels of Aim, on a point-for-point basis.

Also untrue. Even without a +mainstat talent, a set of mainstat augments will beat out Power augments at the current gearing level for any attack with substantial base damage (>1000, roughly speaking).

Did you read my later posts? I agreed that MS>power because of the base damage until MS > 2.1k.

BTW you're wrong, there is a cap on Crit from rating and from Main Stat, 30% each. And the DR is so ridiculously hard for Rating around 20% there's no point past that and you can't get enough main stat to get over 15% from main stat (at this point).

Edited by dardack

i done the math ages ago on my operative, when you include the 9% extra from talents, 5% from buff it equals to .1 damage less then power, but increase in crit, i only did the math because some augment power fad was going along and other operatives asked me whats better, i knew but they needed maths. All i can say is primary stats are always better derrrrrrrrrrrr

Not everyone get's the 9%, Agent is easier because it's a tier 1, PT's it's tier 2. Most Pyro's get 6%, most Ap's get 0%. Either way, from what I've seen when your MS is over 2k-2.1k power starts to become better.

TBH without the 9% they are within 0.46% of each other (that's taking into account 1000 base damage before adding 14 augments of MS or power, sitting at 1841 MS to calc the crit % per MS point). Even with 9%, they are still within 0.97% of each other (base 1000, MS 1841).

So they aren't ALWAYS better. You can hit MS 2k-2.1k pretty easy. And even if it's not 2.1k and 2.5k eventually in future xpac's you'll be able to hit that, and power will start to be better. Esp without the 9% and probably higher with the 9%, but because of DR on the crit it will happen.

Did you read my later posts? I agreed that MS>power because of the base damage until MS > 2.1k.

MS > Power until well beyond 2.1k.

BTW you're wrong, there is a cap on Crit from rating and from Main Stat, 30% each. And the DR is so ridiculously hard for Rating around 20% there's no point past that and you can't get enough main stat to get over 15% from main stat (at this point).

I said there was no cap on total crit chance, not that there was no cap on the individually contributing stats.

The point is that your total crit chance is irrelevant when evaluating the benefit of your main stat versus power.