You Need To Reward Open World PvP - ASAP!

Darth_Eclipses

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not a problem for some players to buy a second account

Anyone can exploit or cheat any system if they want to that badly. This is simply how they avoid this issue in nearly all MMO's, including Wow. However, as stated, since they didn't preplan this, this likely couldn't happen at this point anyway. Somehow BW, has decided that pvp is an afterthought....big mistake. You can end game level a toon in two weeks....

I don't need any rewards for open world pvp. If you come across me, you will die, and you will continue to fear me for the rest of your days.

You will tell your friends about me, and my name will echo across the server like a legend.

Know me,

Fear me,

Hate me,

These are my rewards.

Sad bad true lalaa , no rewards go cry QQ dude

What?

My guild is already considering rerolling to republic on a different server. We're on prophecy of five and the server is so overrun with empire that it's nothing but huttball 90% of the time. In 4 days on Illum, i've only actually seen 6 republic players total. Who our side begged to swap objectives with to finish the quests.

As it is now, our pvp players are tired of the game and don't feel going past the free month has any point. We are all former dark age of camelot players who live on open world pvp. Tol borad lite with warhammer objective flipping is not anyone's idea of open world. We want competition but we're not going to bother to stay with the game for it's single player class storylines and huttball, because that's all I happen to see.

Please encourage your guild to roll Republic on the Jung Ma RPvP server.

Would love to have some more pubs there.

(No seriously, if you guys are thinking about re-rolling, please do it on my server kthx)

I don't need any rewards for open world pvp. If you come across me, you will die, and you will continue to fear me for the rest of your days.

You will tell your friends about me, and my name will echo across the server like a legend.

Know me,

Fear me,

Hate me,

These are my rewards.

You poor deluded player.

Even if you could kill me - why would I fear you? Why would I hate you? What did I lose by dying? What did you gain (that I would want, and would inspire me to PvP more often)? Oh, so my gear lost 10% durability, big whoop. Is that why I'm going to hate you? My level 50 repair bill?

Please... :rolleyes:

Go do all of a planet's quest or go through a flashpoint and get absolutely nothing for your time and effort - then come talk to me. Go fight your way through some absurdly long cave, doing all the kill xxx bonuses along the way, to kill a boss with a million hp, then fight your way out to receive: no credits, no xp and no loot - then come talk to me. Go fight a close WZ match like Ald or VS, fighting for every inch and relying on your team's coordination and superior play to finally win the day only to look at the victory screen and get squat - THEN come talk to me.

You finally getting the jist here buddy?

Instead of kill rewards i would suggest a rewards for zone controle or castle controle etc to initiate PVP , but no kill rewards, its too easy mode.

That's already in-game. It's called Ilum - and it sucks. WHY am I, or any other sensible person, going to kill the 2 Republic that are there, then spend another 5 hours on that planet trying to get done my daily? Why wouldn't I just let them cap the point, go on about their business, then I cap it after they're done - saluting them all the way?

There is NO incentive to FIGHT at ALL!

There is NO incentive to WANT to FIGHT at ALL!

There is NO way their quest & planet design could be more HORRIBLE than it is NOW!

There is NO way they could POSSIBLY be any more anti WPVP other than them officially turning all servers into PvE.

Edited by Darth_Eclipses

You poor deluded player.

Even if you could kill me - why would I fear you? Why would I hate you? What did I lose by dying? What did you gain (that I would want, and would inspire me to PvP more often)? Oh, so my gear lost 10% durability, big whoop. Is that why I'm going to hate you? My level 50 repair bill?

Please... :rolleyes:

Go do all of a planet's quest or go through a flashpoint and get absolutely nothing for your time and effort - then come talk to me. Go fight your way through some absurdly long cave, doing all the kill xxx bonuses along the way, to kill a boss with a million hp, then fight your way out to receive: no credits, no xp and no loot - then come talk to me. Go fight a close WZ match like Ald or VS, fighting for every inch and relying on your team's coordination and superior play to finally win the day only to look at the victory screen and get squat - THEN come talk to me.

You finally getting the jist here buddy?

That's already in-game. It's called Ilum - and it sucks. WHY am I, or any other sensible person, going to kill the 2 Republic that are there, then spend another 5 hours on that planet trying to get done my daily? Why wouldn't I just let them cap the point, go on about their business, then I cap it after they're done - saluting them all the way?

There is NO incentive to FIGHT at ALL!

There is NO incentive to WANT to FIGHT at ALL!

There is NO way their quest & planet design could be more HORRIBLE than it is NOW!

There is NO way they could POSSIBLY be any more anti WPVP other than them officially turning all servers into PvE.

I think you are reading way to deep into what i said rofl. I was just trying to make the point that infamy is the best reward from being a kickass pvper. No ammount of credits, and commendations can give you infamy, but killing lots and lots of people can.

^ the only thing your killing is doing to me is making me switch the instance I'm in and go "gee that guy must have a small peepee if he gets kicks from killing so venomously" ....I too like straight PvP for the sake of the thrill of the kill, but I don't get off on it and am certainly not happy with how it and the system (or rather, lack of system) are currently setup, I don't even think there's a message in dialogue that says "you've been killed by_____", though I don't really know because OWPvP is so rare.

I went 1-50 on a full pvp server without seeing a single republic... I wasn't power lvling or anything took me like 2 weeks to hit max which isn't to hard considering I listened to a lot of story.... I have also been to ilum/smugglers which are fairly empty or people trading nodes in ilum to get weekly/daily done fast

Someone raised a good point about Outlaws Den following the Nerf. Even if you don't give people rewards for OPVP. You have to give them a good reason to be in the 'O' -- if there's a reason such as 'nodes' or 'lockboxes' people will fight for control of them and create the much needed competition.

I also want to see open world pvp that is rewardable. Just throwing in my "vote". I loved playing asherons call on darktide server. You where never safe, you wold loose a lot of stuff if they catch you. You needed to rely on your friends to survive. That was a fantastic cool feeling. You had to think twice because you could loose your best weapon or armor. It would be cool to see this kind of PVP for Swtor.

:wea_02::D:wea_03:

+1

I was appalled that there were no world PvP rewards.

This. I still can't quite believe there are NO rewards for participating in open pvp and actually killing other players. I've said before to make the designated planets into a perpetual warzone where anyone or group can go and find fighting there MUST be some incentive to get the masses of non pure hardcore pvpers into the zone or there simply will not be enough population to make it work.

If world pvp isn't given due attention I won't be sticking around. Warzones are not enough on their own

Edited by Jargonaut

/signed

I see why BW made the decision that it did and it saddens me that the whole gaming industry is steering in a direction that it is. But that's for some other whine post.

BW, please do something about PvP. Seriously. If you're concerned about your 'casual' playerbase whining, why did you even create PvP servers?? You lured a lot of the players with your talk of open world PvP, but simply failed to deliver.

Give us some incentive to go out and make war, because right now I have a feeling that the other faction does NOT even exist.

If you think the change would be too dramatic for a lot of the players, well just open some new TRUE PvP servers. You'd make a lot of us happy and willing to pay the fee.

I will probably continue playing until my initial subscription runs out and then cancel. I hope you give me a reason to renew it one day.

I find this funny, because during beta, we were saying the same things to BioWare, and they just decided to close their eyes to the whole thing -- out of sight, out of mind.

I share now what I said before release: There is not enough end game content in this game ot keep the majority of players intrested and entertained past 3 months. In other words, in 90 days, most of you reaidng this will have leveled to level 50 and completed the majority of the content.

The ONLY content that can never truely be completed is PvP. BioWare, however, has not figured this out, and put any effort into making their PvP entertaining enough to keep people in game past the 90 days I refered to above.

I hate to say it, but I do not think BioWare will improve PvP until it is too late...

Anyone can exploit or cheat any system if they want to that badly. This is simply how they avoid this issue in nearly all MMO's, including Wow. However, as stated, since they didn't preplan this, this likely couldn't happen at this point anyway. Somehow BW, has decided that pvp is an afterthought....big mistake. You can end game level a toon in two weeks....

Not anyone, if system can be exploited by every noob then something is wrong with the system. Every system can be exploited by hackers but not by everyone.

while we're at it, remove companions from the pvp side of Ilum

You actually pvp in Ilum? Wow!

How could they have gotten pvp so wrong??

Please continue to post your thoughts, and don't forget to rate the thread so they notice this issue and give it its due attention.

I was also in beta Clege, and I remember GZ's posts regarding pvp and it really struck me how disingenuous he was - and was using the fact that players weren't actually in the game - or playing on "their latest in-house build" as some kind of reason to assure them things would be vastly different come release.

BW, you guys gotta do better man...your pvp sucks right now.

It's not bad - it sucks.

Edited by Darth_Eclipses

/canceled goodbye Gw2 is around the corner. Ive had had enough with clueless developers all these years to give a dam anymore.

It might gets better ( i strongly doubt ) regardless gl to you staying i ve already had enough bs , last thing i wanted is another perma battlegrounds crap ( and these particular suck *** )

ps how can mythic who created Daoc to create 2 of he most horrible pvp games after like Warhammer and swtor.