The lack of my Twi'lek having a hood is disturbing...

DeathMagician

Yes please necro.

I too think it's very stupid that they disabled hoods on twi'leks.

Now I know that with models it's not a 1,2,3 job to put the lekku in the front, as it could possibly

mess up the whole stability of the face.

But this has been going on for quite some time now, and at least a proper answer would be appreciated.

I really like BW for the awesome games they produce, but I'd just wish they had some more ''contact'' with the fan base.

Releasing new expansions is fine and all, but why not try to improve all these little things that would make the game so much more enjoyable for a lot of people. :confused:

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you rather have your lekku sticking out of the back of the hood, without even holes to make it look like they made room?

Because thats how it was in beta and I'm glad they changed it. Twi'lek force users looked awful.

I (and others) suggested either disabling hoods on twi'leks or making the lekku 'vanish' when the hood was up. They took option A).

Its still tons better than it used to be >.>

Necro time, whee! What a ridiculous suggestion! A Hide Hood option would have been far preferable -_-

im suprised theres actualy 3 people playing twi'leks.... i dont think ive seen any at all in game :p

its one of those things were either they would vanish, or they would clip through everything. same reason they cant be BH, they would clip through all the jetpacks.

What server are you on, I see them all over the bloody place lol. I have 2 myself.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Someone probably already posted that:

http://swtor-rp.com/home/m/1639454/article/545730

Near the middle of the page is a suggestion and a picture of what could have been done with the lekku. I wonder would it be so difficult to make a mesh of one or both lekku wrapped around the neck , with the, eventual, remaining one hanging in the middle of chest. Then they'd just need to slap in the texture path to match the skin colour and tattoo of choice.

purchased the eradicator set and mask for my twi'lek ... totally forgetting about the bug, or perhaps forgetting biowares inability to fix launch bugs.... was a complete waste of cartel coins.

opened a ticket asking for either a refund, or species change etc, but got told they wouldnt do anything, but i can "unlock it for all my characters".... so they are expecting me to spend another 600 points on unlocked it for collections to use it on another character. there was a reason why i bought it for my sage, its the character i wanted eradicator on.

GG for not fixing launch bug. GG for *********** **** customer server where i cant get a refund/work around when an item i bought doesnt match the picture shown for my character

• 5 months later...

In World of Warcraft every armor piece in game alters to match the race you play. A werewolf, an orc, a tauren, a gnome, a goblin, etc - They can each wear the same set of armor, and it fits each of them perfectly.

Why on Earth can't this be done for one, single, race in this game?

Why don't we have the option to wrap our lekku around our necks like a scarf? Why can't we drape them over our shoulders so they dangle near our chests? These options should have been in the game since day 1.

All armor (helmets/hoods) should have been made with a Twi'lek's lekku in mind.

There should be holes in the back of my helmets for my lekku to stick out, or the armor should cover and protect my lekku as well as my head.

For hoods, you should be able to simply choose the option to display your lekku around your neck or over your shoulders.

A Twi'lek with cut off/invisible lekku is NOT a Twi'lek. I've been waiting for this issue to be addressed since day 1, and two years later, still nothing.

Such a massive disappointment.

• 1 month later...
In World of Warcraft every armor piece in game alters to match the race you play. A werewolf, an orc, a tauren, a gnome, a goblin, etc - They can each wear the same set of armor, and it fits each of them perfectly.

Why on Earth can't this be done for one, single, race in this game?

Why don't we have the option to wrap our lekku around our necks like a scarf? Why can't we drape them over our shoulders so they dangle near our chests? These options should have been in the game since day 1.

All armor (helmets/hoods) should have been made with a Twi'lek's lekku in mind.

There should be holes in the back of my helmets for my lekku to stick out, or the armor should cover and protect my lekku as well as my head.

For hoods, you should be able to simply choose the option to display your lekku around your neck or over your shoulders.

A Twi'lek with cut off/invisible lekku is NOT a Twi'lek. I've been waiting for this issue to be addressed since day 1, and two years later, still nothing.

Such a massive disappointment.

Thiss ^^

The Lekku issue should be resolved this way. AND add a hood toggle.

It's been over 2 years since launch, get it together guys.

is it 2011 Again...?

They have tried adding in hoods for Twi'leks, adding in hood toggle and fixing hood/mask clipping. All attempts have to led to massive cdc's, computers exploding and state wide internet blackouts.......

Most of us have grown to accept that the issues with hoods will never be fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
It's still worse for twilek troopers and bounty hunters, our lekku gets amputated when using any of the helmets and the very few "hats" that don't do it still clip as hell :p

Obroan Helmets do the same as well.

I just don't understand why the Team wouldn't take 1 member out of the reggular business and start doing nothing buit adaptive gear / helmets which don't mess with the lekku. It would at least be a start, and 1 helmet adapted to Twi'lek per 2 weeks or so would be incredibly slow - but it would at least be a start : The more early they begin, the sooner this task would be over ... But instead they seem to sit this one out ?

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

It blew my mind when this game was initially revealed and couldn't wait until it came out.. I accepted that it would, like most MMOs, be unstable and buggy for at least the first year. But seeing as it's been over two years and they haven't fixed something as simple as hoods for twi'leks leaves a sour taste in my mouth. It tells me they really don't give a ****.

Would be so simple, adjust the size of hoods for twi'leks and put the lekku over the shoulders. As someone else pointed out, WoW has huge differences between the races in the game and every armor piece fits every race perfectly.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...