The lack of my Twi'lek having a hood is disturbing...

DeathMagician

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*waves hand* "You will include Twi'lek hoods in the next update."

In all seriousness. I'm running a Twi'lek assassin as my main and would love to see this implemented properly.

As everyone else is pointing out, it's disappointing to play a Twi'lek and be the only race to miss out on this cool aesthetic. *Edit* Sleeves on the Lekku would be a neat compramise, Although I'd still miss a hood!

I'm glad this thread is growing past 300, if it gets someones attention. I would like to see a response from BioWare.

Edited by TOJOLOBAL

I don't see how it should be a problem to just "lock" the lekku in place over the shoulders whenever a chest with hood was equipped. Can't be that hard to fix.

It seems to me they should fix this, because twi'leks are easily the least played race and I think the hood thing is the reason for it. Playing from level 1 to level 42 I can count on one hand how many twi'lek players I ran into, that goes for both Empire and Republic players.

I would like to play a twi'lek character but I'm not gonna make one until this is fixed, better to choose some other race that isn't restricted in what they can wear.

• 2 weeks later...
Iknowright.. I've put in a ticket for a species change. cant RP jedi without a damn cloak hood up.

Did BW allow the species change? I've worked up to 50 on an Assassin and was hoping they would have implemented something by now. Sadly I would consider the change at this point.

To the above post that you'd rather show your Lekku - you can! The thread is for those of us who can't and want to ...

So I think this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4745079 says it, but I want to clarify..

Does a female Twi'lek wearing the Force Mystic (or Force Lord) Imperial Mask show Lekku or no?

Im wondering this since the mask is designed to display while wearing the cloaked hood with the Force Lord/Mystic set... and by extension may work with other cloak armor. Additionally I thought I've read elsewhere Twi'leks CAN wear helmets that hide their Lekku.. sooo.. does this work? Anyone a Twi'lek who's purchased the Mask??

What I'm getting at is could I use a Force Mystic Mask and wear WITH a hood? hiding the lekku?

I'm reaching here.. just looking for SOME way to wear a cloak as a Twi'lek . I realize.. why choose a twi'lek if you want to hide the Lekku, but it's more of a RP thing - two concubine twi'lek's under command of tojo the sith lord.. working with the legacy stuff. Point being.. I'm looking to to be a twi'lek who can wear a cloak! Jeeeze.

Iknowright.. I've put in a ticket for a species change. cant RP jedi without a damn cloak hood up.

Total opposite for me. I stopped RPing my Jedi because I couldn't not have a hood other than the Aspiring Knight stuff. I'd rather just play a Trooper anyway.

I just opened two tickets and both times they closed the tickets without even commenting on the issue of hoods. I requested a racial change since I didn' t know this was a problem until way late in playing the character.. a simple nope is all i got both times. Not even a comment regard yes or no as to weather they'll offer this in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

With so many Dev posts recently - can we get a comment on this thread?

How about .. "Our artists are currently designing several hoods with over the shoulder lekku for use with existing assets." Or perhaps - "The new Cartel store will offer racial and/or cosmetic changes for existing characters for those of you who are displeased with your initially chosen appearnce."

.. not that I don't like my Twi'lek Assassin .. just that I'd be willing to switch due to aesthetics - I'd like to see my assassin in a hood!

• 3 months later...
They could wear their lekku hanging over their shoulders so the tips appear over the front of each shoulder and out the front of the hood. The lekku on Twi'leks may be "brain sacks" but they are quite flexible. Edited by Selvec

• 2 weeks later...

Crying about this? Why? I made my inquisitor a twi'lek for two specific reasons...

1- I just think blue twi females are oddly sexy

2- TWI'S CAN'T WEAR HOODS!

TBH they should remove hoods from all robes and provide them as headgear. You want a hood? Wear a hood helmet. You don't want the hood? Hide the hood helmet.

But until then Twi'leks 4 EVAR, because HOODS SUCK!

• 3 weeks later...
Pretty disappointed when I made my Jedi Twi'lek and then found out i couldn't wear a hood. One of the perks to making a Jedi is to look awesome with a hood and having that taken away because of your race is not fair. At least let us know that our upset isn't being wasted on deaf ears bioware.

• 2 weeks later...
Why are they ignoring this issue? Obviously there are different opinions on whether to not want to have hoods on twileks or to have it. It could still be solved by giving the player an option to either show it or not show it. For the time being, I think that it would be a good way to start with having the lekkus just clip through the hood or not showing them at all. If that were to be implemented I would think that many players would be satisfied, for the moment at least. Or they could at the very least include some sort of message when you are about to create a twilek that could warn you about it. Anyways, a decent answer from a dev would make a good start I think.

I remember there being an official, as in posted by the developers, poll asking what to do with the lekku and hoods pre-release actually. There was a bigger consensus for them just clipping through the hoods than not getting hoods at all even. Wonder what happened with that. Edited by Pscyon