All servers down?

bionamaster

BW has not yet shown any effort in putting news on their home page, I don't think they ever will. Instead customers are expected to hunt the forums or twitter for information.

Or check the server status and system alert pages, which is not exactly hunting for info.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If the servers stay down much longer, I may be forced to confront the reality that i have no life outside of MMOs. This will necessitate massive amounts of psychotropic drugs to be purchased by me, thus injecting thousands of dollars into the economy. BW is just doing its part to get the economy back on track.

For now, though, I am still sitting comfortably in my nearly impenetrable denial bubble.

sitting in my air conditioned room drinking iced coffee and playing my favorite video game is a nice way to spend sunday afternoon

Apparently there were some players experiencing lag. I personally was not. Anyone else experencing any lag before the shutdown or does it just take a few people to complain before they bring everything to a halt?

Apparently it was really bad in WZ's, and had been happening pretty much all day, according to the folks I talked to.

On our server, at least.

Edited by Skoobie

Apparently there were some players experiencing lag. I personally was not. Anyone else experencing any lag before the shutdown or does it just take a few people to complain before they bring everything to a halt?

Dont you mean as in people with lag you mean mac users, and by mac users I mean mac users who are using dial-up -.-

Edited by Doomla

Does anyone know, if I leave my game at the Server Selection screen, will it update as servers come back online, or do I need to quit and just periodically restart to check?

it should update "realtime"

Edited by MorgonKara

So so, it's going to be fine.

Let me sing you a song while we wait:

- Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur......

ROFL thanks for that, needed the laugh.

(irony of ironies, if Corellian Run had warnings about the servers then I didn't see them because another monster storm glitched my net...right before the server downage and right in the middle of helping a friend take down Zash :rolleyes:)

Dont you mean as in people with lag you mean mac users, and by mac users I mean mac users whoa re using dial-up -.-

Sadly, I got lag while out in Balmorra questing. Everything would freeze up for a minute, except chat, and then would slowly get better again. Was happening all day. (Not on a Mac, and definitely not on dial-up. Yay 12MBPS!)

Seriously?? We pay $15/month. So, lets say 30 day month, that is .50 cents a day. That would be 2 cents an hour. So, exactly how much do you feel they should 'refund' you?? 6 cents? maybe 8?

Just consider how many hours the servers are down and count....

It might not be much to you, but for me, get money costs me effort and I don't like to be robbed, not even for 5 cents.

Like I said, I'm a new player...and this is not making me happy nor convincing me to buy a new pre-paid card.

Edited by Geirahood

Does anyone know, if I leave my game at the Server Selection screen, will it update as servers come back online, or do I need to quit and just periodically restart to check?
That's an interesting question and one I've always wanted an answer to. I'm in this situation every Tuesday since I've found that the servers often come online sooner than expected. So I will sign in and out to see if they're back up. I've never left it in the server screen for more than a couple of minutes, thinking that it wouldnt update there anyway.

Still funnny, reboot in the middle of a weekend. To most IT professionals what are the chances of those servers coming back online in reasonable time? "Ohhh this one reboot will be just fine" Crash, bang blue screen, kernel panic and ohh crap that patch didn't handle well. ROFL :D

Come on folks this is Bioware's first MMO insert excuse, by additional excuse, blah blah.

-Tordo

Sadly, I got lag while out in Balmorra questing. Everything would freeze up for a minute, except chat, and then would slowly get better again. Was happening all day. (Not on a Mac, and definitely not on dial-up. Yay 12MBPS!)

Yay to 16mbps ;P

I thought it was CST, not CDT... Central Standard Time...?

CDT is used when we're in daylight saving time. Technically they are different but in most cases CST (or equivialent in your timezone) is used throughout the year as everyone knows if it's summer or not.

I was about to say how long does it take to restart a server. But then I realised its running swtor I know how much time it takes to shut this game down on my desktop I can only imagine how long it takes to take the whole server down. Go to task manager and kill it its takes 60 mb of ram and is taking all 7 cores to 100%

Just consider how many hours the servers are down and count....

It might not be much to you, but for me, get money costs me effort and I don't like to be robbed, not even for 5 cents.

Like I said, I'm a new player...and this is not making me happy nor convincing me to buy a new pre-paid card.

Well, new player, welcome to MMO's...