All servers down?

bionamaster

Statement or no statement you don’t shutdown a production server at peak times. This kind of change control should have been done off hours. Any sys adim would know that. I would be fired for such a thing.

At least the Asia/Pacific people finally get some convenient downtime.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL - massive server outage on the last day of my subscription.

It's funny, I came in right when they were forced to hand out free months to everyone and I'm leaving when there's been some seriously record-breaking downtime in the past week or so.

Oh the irony (yes I know it's not ironic).

Edited by jgelling

Statement or no statement you don’t shutdown a production server at peak times. This kind of change control should have been done off hours. Any sys adim would know that. I would be fired for such a thing.

Maybe Bioware needed a load on the servers to identify, test, repair...and test again.

You are absolutely right. Even if it's an "emergency," you should still send out a server-wide message letting people know. Sounds like they have a bunch of project managers running the place instead of IT people...lol.

I doubt you know what you're talking about, 100 mbps is really not that rare, especially in Europe, where residential internet is several times faster than in the US.

100 MB/s however is a different matter, that you will (mostly) only find in data centers...

Actually not really

we have 100up and down where I work (UK), granted its and expensive line but given all the satellite sites and vpn access the syncronised uplink is just as important and the down link.

That said in Europe UKs internet is not that good compared to the rest of it. but 50+mbits is not that uncommon for some residentials people now

OMG there is a problem, lets reboot the servers and maybe it will go away along with several more of our subscribers, OOPS :eek:

I'm sure the techs know how to deal with the issues better than you do. If i'm wrong, maybe you should apply for a job at BW and improve the user experience!

I don't get the reasoning: "We want you to have the best playing experience, so we are gonna REMOVE the experience completely for the reminder of your evening while we try to provide that."...speaking from a EU point in time.

Also I don't get how they manage to time after time after time after time after time generate so much rage. It's odd.

Edited by zoofar

Last update from @SWTOR on twitter was 45 minutes ago. This is absurdly long for a restart.

You would think that BioWare would learn from all the previous times we have complained about a lack of communication. This is exactly what we're talking about. No posts in the thread since about 2:15. It is currently 4:39 Central.

Seriously: you guys need to hire some gamers to run your community. I would never in a billion years think that one update every 2 hours would be sufficient for a forum thread.

I'm sure the techs know how to deal with the issues better than you do. If i'm wrong, maybe you should apply for a job at BW and improve the user experience!

OMG another bioware employee fire fighting :cool:

Apparently there were some players experiencing lag. I personally was not. Anyone else experencing any lag before the shutdown or does it just take a few people to complain before they bring everything to a halt?

Everyone on my server had game-breaking lag before server shut down