Official Q&A Thread for July 13th Blog Post

Every class who fights primarily in melee range (Assassins, Warriors, Powertechs) gets some kind of ability they can use to close the distance outside of 30 meters. That is except for Operatives. What's the reasoning behind the Operative's apparent lack of ability to quickly get within range to deal their most powerful attacks?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you please implement a smarter AoE targetting reticle? Make it so it can NOT be extended beyond its abilites maximum range. This would make passing the huttball up/down easier as well as all the other AoE abilities. Its really a very poorly done system right now since ANY tiny imperfection in the geography means you spend a stupid amount of time trying to line up your aoe ability.

Thanks.

Hello,

We currently have the ability to transfer most bound modification items from one character to another through the use of legacy armour. However, at the moment, we do not have the ability to transfer bound crystals from one character to another. Is there any plan to introduce items which would allow this transfer in the future?

My specific example is that I have a bound white crystal on my marauder but I would like to have my new assassin alt using the crystal instead.

Thanks.

QUESTION: Credit Sinks appear to be one of the hot topics in the community right now. Are there any chances of severely lowering or possibly removing some of these at this early stage in the game? Most players at this point are still leveling alts, grinding gear, establishing themselves, etc.

Specifically I'm referring to:

• Gear Repair
  • Mod Extraction
  • Skill Repsecs
  • Legacy "Rewards" and Character Perks

I have two questions.

Q1: When are you guys going to come to the conclusion that pvp gear destroys pvp. It makes it so new 50 are manhandled by War Hero geared people. Sure the recruit gear was a nice cash bonus, because all it does is get you two shotted instead of one. You can say people need to do their time, but it isn't worth the time unless you are handing out ranked warzone credits like candy during Halloween. Which is what, is happening to the people who already have their gear, because they are destroying everyone else. Get rid of pvp gear. Make pvp about skill and not gear. It dumbfounds me that skill is way down the line to gear, when it comes factors related to success in pvp. I have 6 level 50 toons; one with complete BM and some war hero yeah it is fun killing fools with recruit gear, but I don't always want to play one class. I want to be able to play all my characters competitively after they reached 50. Pvp is a joke, for that reason and the fact that there are so many stuns and knockbacks, you basically have control of your toon for a total of 3 seconds once you are around more than three people. Stop worrying about class balance and worry about a functioning pvp environment that is rewarding for all people. If you want to keep gear, make it about style and achievement, not about murdering people because all you do is pvp. You can still destroy people if you are skilled, so what are all the people with this gear worried about if they lose it. It is only going to get worse with successive tiers and as a result BM will be water down and WH will be watered down and easier to get. Just stop playing games with gear to make people play longer and instead make pvp playable for everyone and they will play longer because it is actually fun.

Thanks

Moodo, Parviti, Athanna, Mudo, Zetya, Telsa, Dartainia, Nojack.

Never going to happen. Stop complaining!

I recently fought a world boss when there were two different groups--one Republic, one Empire--fighting him. What determines who receives credit for killing a world boss, in terms of both completing weeklies and getting to roll for the items he drops? Is it the group who attacks first? That does the most damage? Something else?

I've several linked questions related to our ability to customize our characters' appearance:

1. When will it be possible to cusomize how the gear we create LOOKS? For example, shouldn't a skilled synthweaver have some control over the color, design and overall appearance of the robes he/she crafts (irrespective of the gear's stats)? I just got the purple material to make the purple version of my next level's medium jedi robes and was horrified to discover that they're this awful orangeish brownish color. I also received some very cool mod-able robes, which look much nicer, but they just don't have the stats my new purple ones do. I've played other games where one has quite a bit of control over how a crafted item will look.

2. Similarly, wouldn't it make sense to allow crafters at 400 to modify the APPEARANCE of end game gear? That there allow a lot more individual looks out among the 50s (again separate from gear stats). Crafters being able to offer this as a service-for-hire to other players would also keep crafting skills useful to players in the long-run as well. Perhaps you could add a cusomization slot to gear where you could drop in a pre-designed appearance (or perhaps just skip the umpteenth slot and create a mechanism to allow any character to tweak any bound gear). Just a thought.

3. Next, why on earth does almost every pair of medium armored leggings for Jedi look like spandex? :rolleyes:

4. Finally, and this is more of a vote of support than a question, please allow us to a) unify colors and hide head gear on companions, as well as b) toggle hoods up and down on jedi robes (my wife would kill me if I didn't mention that one).