Official Q&A Thread for July 13th Blog Post

I'm very glad to see TOR is expanding character creation wise like introducing Cathar. But are there any plans to improve current species? For instance new tattoos for Zabraks and humans, maybe new cybernetics, or is what is available at the moment considered 'finished' for those species?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have any plans to narrow the gap between "pvp" and "pve" gear? Currently pve gear is useless in warzones due to the stupid expertise stat. On the other side is the fact that pvp equipped players who have never had a chance to run Ops before cannot get into groups so that they can get their gear.

I am nearly fully WH geared on my Shadow. Everytime I have tried to join 8man groups I am told I can't go due to my gear, even on Stry Modes. How is this fair? I wear Survivors gear too since I am a tank with this toon. I would get Black Hole gear but there is a major problem...THERE IS NO BH SURVIVORS SET! Why not?! This makes no sense!

So I can't get the proper gear for Ops becausee I have full WH. Black Hole is out of the question as I take hits to some of the stats I need because of a lack of a Survivors set. Nobody seems to want a WH geared Shadow, or any toon, for even Story Mode Ops.

What I am really asking is will you either make PVP gear more viable for normal Story Ops or will you actually create a Survivors BH set? If you create a Survivors set please don't make it look as ugly as the other sets. You art team has very bad taste.:D

I understand there are plans to expand the functionality of the Legacy family tree. Does this include making it more flexible? Like allowing a character to have more than two allies, for example? Or make having combinations of relationships not gray out numerous others? I don't see why a given character can add a child, but not a spouse or a rival simply because of where they appear on the tree, for example.

I have been having a lot of trouble with the chat system.

I was wondering are there any plans to implement more features or upgrade it? For example: Click through chat boxes, remembering chat selection and perhaps integrating a VOIP system?

Was wondering why Sage healers do not get a resource recover ability that does not kill them. Scoundrel healers have Cool Head and Commandos have theirs

I know that Sages do have noble sacrifice but I do not understand how that will do them any good when they get a combat revive. After they get a combat revive they come back with about 20% force which is very tough to recover from especially if you are doing any of Hard Mode Denova. Are there any plans of maybe increasing the amount of force that sages come back with after a revive?

What plans are underway for more solo content and endgame?

Daily repeatables are tedious at best and I suspect a large percentage of the population either does not enjoy or does not have an oppurtunity for group play. Something like flashpoints, but designed so a single player would be AMAZING (think skirmishes from LOTRO).

Question 1: Will you be adding more choices to light side/ dark side vendor as far as equipment? Right now the selections are VERY limited, to boots, gloves, a pet, and a speeder. There isn't really anything that lets you show off your alignment. Right now the light side and dark side choices mean nothing, even for companions, because no matter how despicable the act you cause, you can make your companions love you by purchasing them gifts. I'd really like to see some cool armor sets for light side and dark side classes. Edited by Ellvaan
Multiple Questions (Pm'd)

Depending on who you choose to listen to, Windows 8 is within 3-4 months of official release, possibly less. The current official line is that SWTOR does not currently support Windows 8 Release Preview, and the installer will tell you so explicitly if you even try. Will there be Windows 8 support on release? What else can you tell us about Windows 8 and SWTOR?

Currently there's no way to distinguish whether a quest given by an NPC is either a normal one or a heroic until after obtaining it. Could there be a much simpler way to help players keep track of heroics? There could be a blue icon above an NPC which denotes a heroic and even better, a green one for previously completed ones.

With the Legacy system in place is there going to be the ability to buy weapon proficiency's? such as for example: i have a bounty hunter that is the son of a sith and i want to give him the weapon proficiency to use a light saber whether it be a single saber, or a saberstaff ,or even duel wield

I know we won't get HK-51 for a while yet, and I also know you want to keep a lot of mystery around the character - but can you confirm that once acquired, HK-51 will be a 'proper' companion character? That is, will there be conversations with him? Affection gains through conversation with NPCs? Or is he a pure utility companion, like C2-N2/2V-R8 (though presumably slightly more effective in combat!)?

Thank you!

It seems the Battlemaster gear is very specific when it comes to set bonuses. For example: I am a Jedi Shadow. I started getting dps Battlemaster gear. I then change my mind and switch to a tank spec half way through. Therefore I start getting the tank oriented Battlemaster gear for the rest of the slots. The set bonuses do not recognize the different spec'd types, even though all gear is Battlemaster. In addition, when purchasing War Hero gear, I can not use that Battlemaster dps chest piece to get the War Hero tank chest piece? I must grind more Warzone commendations to get the proper types of gear before I can get the correct War Hero gear for my current spec. Could this be revised to accept any type of Battlemaster chest piece for any type of War Hero chest piece?

My guild blew up on Tarro Blood, and I found an old guild I ran with back in the day on Another server, now that I am just approaching 50 in the new guild. Character transfers have been made available.

What is the planned roll out for Character transfer for people in my situation, I have 2 characters I would like to move to my new home that is not currently the default transfer from Tarro blood. will there be a free move available? will I be able to pay ? how much?

Edited by Menglor

Hi everyone,

Long time reader, short time poster here - my question is around raid design and dps targets.

Anecdotally at least, it seems that there are a number of specs that are viable but not ideal for end game raiding, particularly at the higher levels of content. DPS operatives come to mind initially, but I consider other advanced classes to fit in the same boat. While they could act as dps as part of the raid composition it would be at a detriment to the whole unless we were to bring a dps marauder, sniper or sorc (who seem to perform really well in our combat log reviews).

For example kephess is a dps heavy encounter - could this be successfully completed with 2 operatives and 2 powertech dps in columi gear (8 man - perhaps assuming a few pieces of rakata) or is the encounter designed for higher possible dps in the same gear (marauders, sorc) - assuming good-excellent rotations.

I would be interested to learn how the team feels these advanced classes are performing to their internal metrics for designing encounters.

Edited by Saaz

Would it be possible for the per character speeder legacy perks to take into account if you already have that level of speeder piloting trained? I have several characters, levels 25 to 29, with speeder piloting 1 already trained prior to patch 1.3. When those characters reach level 30 it would be nice to be able to unlock the legacy speeder piloting 2 without having to effectively repurchase speeder piloting 1 via the legacy system.

Hi,

I love all the player ships but my favourite is the look and layout of the BH ship with the Agent colours scheme and technology. Unfortunatly my main is a shadow and that ship is seriously lacking internally.

Are you planning on allowing ship customisation and I mean asthetically inside and out. Maybe fill up some of the empty spaces. This could be legacy rewards or something earned through dailys. If you are when is it expected and can you release more info please

After 1.2, the Senior Developer mentioned BW's intent was to bring all classes to their target numbers for damage output. Is there a plan to bring Operative/Scoundrel melee DPS closer to the damage output of Marauders/Sentinels or DPS Juggernaut/Gaurdians? Or to bring melee dps more inline with the range DPS during operations? I understand the changes to PVE DPS can greatly impact PVP as well but there is still quite a disparity in the DPS of the various classes. I know many guilds do not use operative/scoundrel DPS for the newer content because they do not do enough damage to be competitive with Marauders. This completely eliminates the viability of two trees for the operative/scoundrel.

Would it be possible to see animal mounts implemented in the game? And on top of that, animal mounts you get as babies and you have to take care of them, feed them, etc until they grow big enough for you to ride them.

With adaptive (social) gear, is there any chance that outfits like Imperial Trooper & Republic

Officer will be made available for a wider public?

The CE version has both access to the CE Vendor and the the Security Key vendor,

Digital Deluxe and standard versions do not have access to either, unless a Security Key was ordered.

Any chance the Imperial Trooper and Republic Officer sets wil be moved to the Security Key

Vendor and the stock of the CE vendor gets updated?

For my fellow posters and devs for that matter, please consult the link below :cool:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=459255

Edited by CitizenofArathor