PVP stuns and resolve

Spacebum

In my honest opinion if a group needs to stun a person repeatedly as to achieve any kills, shows they are nothing more then button mashers with lil to know skill what so ever... However the resolve bar may or may not achieve, the basic use of it is quite near nill in the fact that people can and are being stunned repeatedly in a row without break and unable to do the simplest thing while they are being slaughtered. Even with break, it simply does not equate to a even match up... At this point the pvp is a button masher to whom the winner is based on who has the most stuns and are able to implement it. Why bother with my others skills if the bases is stun and run to achieve my goals?

So now its the people who use other abilities are bad? Gotta love the forums.

People who just want pure DPS are the button mashers.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now its the people who use other abilities are bad? Gotta love the forums.

People who just want pure DPS are the button mashers.

Um didnt say that, I said people who abuse stun locks are bad.. who cant use other abilities.. Note "cant"

Um didnt say that, I said people who abuse stun locks are bad.. who cant use other abilities.. Note "cant"

2 stuns = immunity to stuns

Everyone has a stunbreaker (2 min CD is a bit long...but its still there and available for everyone)

"Stunlocking" doesnt exist in this game.

Everyone has a stunbreaker (2 min CD is a bit long...but its still there and available for everyone)

Thats if its working properly.. dur

i have never been stunned with a full resolve bar. And my stuns never work on someone with full resolve. So when I see posts like this, all I see is QQ

Sorry I can only go by my own experiences.

To date not one shred of actual evidence has ever been presented showing any actual bug with Resolve.

If you believe it is not working, record it and prove it on the forums, or stay off the forums with your misinformation and report it in game where it can be verified and either ignored or corrected as needed.

To date not one shred of actual evidence has ever been presented showing any actual bug with Resolve.

If you believe it is not working, record it and prove it on the forums, or stay off the forums with your misinformation and report it in game where it can be verified and either ignored or corrected as needed.

not gonna happen

not gonna happen

There are only three kinds of people who say "Resolve is broken!"

1. Those who don't understand Resolve.

2. Those who may or may not have seen a bug and decided to report it on the forums where it won't be seen instead of in game via a ticket where (if it is a bug) will actually be able to be verified by BW.

3. Those who are lying simply because they don't like the system.

I try to help groups 1 and 2 when possible.

Of course it does exist. Two players can stun you for a total of 8 seconds while still attacking - that's more than enough time to kill you, considering you can't fight back, can't use defensive CDs, you can't run away; your odds in a 2v1 fight are pretty bad anyway but you can be stunlocked through it if your CC breaker is on cooldown.

Then you wait 45 months behind the Voidstar spawn door... and by the time you're back in the fight your Resolve bar is empty again. The Resolve bar should drain a lot slower and thus CCs would actually require planning and strategy.

All the personal attacks and misinformation aside:

Resolve doesn't work correctly all the time. I've been stunned with a full bar. I've been stunned and watched resolve fade WHILE stunned.

If resolve worked correctly, it'd be VASTLY superior to wow's retarded dr system. Unfortunately, it doesn't work correctly, so as retardedly broken as wow's dr system is, it's better, because at least it ALWAYS works.

All the personal attacks and misinformation aside:

Resolve doesn't work correctly all the time. I've been stunned with a full bar. I've been stunned and watched resolve fade WHILE stunned.

If resolve worked correctly, it'd be VASTLY superior to wow's retarded dr system. Unfortunately, it doesn't work correctly, so as retardedly broken as wow's dr system is, it's better, because at least it ALWAYS works.

Agreed, and a far more reasonable approach to boot. :-D

Resolve doesnt work as intended, I have seen it over and over and over and had it happen to me as well. Many times there is no 2stuns=immunity in many cases.

Now having said that I have also seen cases where the resolve bar has worked. Additionally, I have seen and I have had it done to me, being stunned for over 20 seconds then knocked back and killed or just killed on the spot.

I dont think anyone needs to present proof to anyone and really how could they, screen shots, video might do it, but the real way to do it is to post it here and have bw investigate it. We all know bw dont we, those same fine fellows that have to date failed to fix bugs and broken talents that have been with us since release.

imo resolve, no matter if its working as intended or is broken is a crappy system, totally crappy and should be replaced by DR's that allow you to be stunned twice then not again for a set amount of time.

Ok, since beta one there has been issue with the resolve bar. Despite it being maxed, one can still be stunned repeatedly for the most part... Only on rarely does it happen to work. And dont give me that bs answer of "There is a difference between stuns slows etc." No ****. Stun as in I can move or attack or defend or crouch or use any ability or move what so ever... such as being flash bombed 4 times while Im stuck standing there watching my teammates die for a whole 4 minutes just to be ganked by a entire group with nothing I can do. Can you just make it two stuns and done already? Your resolve bar is a failure Bioware, please direct some attention to it finally.

You can NOT be stunned with full resolve. What you are seeing is that you are being rooted, not stunned.

You can NOT be stunned with full resolve. What you are seeing is that you are being rooted, not stunned.

Yah same ol lame exscuse.... we know what a root and a stun is... roots still allow attacks , stuns do not, stun prevent both attacks and movements... we are speaking of stuns, and resolve has allowed more then 2 stuns in a row.. dont insult us with that lame ****.

Yah same ol lame exscuse.... we know what a root and a stun is... roots still allow attacks , stuns do not, stun prevent both attacks and movements... we are speaking of stuns, and resolve has allowed more then 2 stuns in a row.. dont insult us with that lame ****.

Pics or it didn't happen. In this case, video or combat logs. No? I didn't think so.

Until you provide video proof that what you're experiencing is something that occurs very frequently then I can't support your notion to remove it and add the 2 stun = immunity system. The Resolve System has been working fine for me, so at the moment I have to call ******** that it's not working as intended. Sure your post could be a real problem that happening to you and various others, but beyond word of mouth there's nothing compelling for me to believe otherwise.

Now about your 2 stun = immunity. Since Resolve is supposed to grant immunity in the first place, what makes you believe that that immunity would work with the new system? Resolve grants immunity when the bar is filled and you claim that it isn't working. So, when you're stunned twice, what's to prevent the system of 2 stuns = immunity from not working as well? If you're being stunned during Resolve's immunity, then you could probably be stunned during the new system's immunity as well. Lots of repetition, but my point is that the problem lies in fixing the immunity first and foremost, not implementing a new system in hopes that it works better. Then if and only if Resolve still isn't doing its job that a new system should be brought forth.

Either that or greatly reduce the effectiveness of CCs in PvP combat. Maybe adding some diminishing returns would help as well. I've already given up on TOR PvP in favor of the PvE game. Once Guild Wars 2 comes out, I'll play that for my PvP fix.

I find it interesting the number of people who want to make changes to SWTOR's PvP system, and then in the same breath say that they'll be playing GW2 in a month anyway.

Why change something here that most people are fine w/ when you aren't even planning to play?

All the people crying about "We don't want a gear grind", "PvP has too much CC", "I just want to deathmatch", etc sound like they'll be happier in another game, a game that is coming out in a month.

Why are you still crying about changes for this game when something that sounds like exactly what you want is already on the horizon?

People like me, who WILL be playing SWTOR and actually enjoy the Resolve / CC mechanic in this game don't deserve to get shafted by your changes when you aren't even going to be here anyway.

I find it interesting the number of people who want to make changes to SWTOR's PvP system, and then in the same breath say that they'll be playing GW2 in a month anyway.

Why change something here that most people are fine w/ when you aren't even planning to play?

All the people crying about "We don't want a gear grind", "PvP has too much CC", "I just want to deathmatch", etc sound like they'll be happier in another game, a game that is coming out in a month.

Why are you still crying about changes for this game when something that sounds like exactly what you want is already on the horizon?

People like me, who WILL be playing SWTOR and actually enjoy the Resolve / CC mechanic in this game don't deserve to get shafted by your changes when you aren't even going to be here anyway.

Ok, ur frustration understood, I have myself run into people like that. I on the otherhand aim to continue playing throughout, the matter of changes is a simple one in the matter that there is a faulty system that does need to be repaired or replaced and though not all of u seem to experience these issues, doesnt make the need less valid do to a number of people are. Balance is key to a successful run of any mmo, when u have bugs such as this who continue to shift balance in any given match u have problems, and it is needed to be addressed in any manner available, this being just one of those outlets.

Until you provide video proof that what you're experiencing is something that occurs very frequently then I can't support your notion to remove it and add the 2 stun = immunity system. The Resolve System has been working fine for me, so at the moment I have to call ******** that it's not working as intended. Sure your post could be a real problem that happening to you and various others, but beyond word of mouth there's nothing compelling for me to believe otherwise.

Now about your 2 stun = immunity. Since Resolve is supposed to grant immunity in the first place, what makes you believe that that immunity would work with the new system? Resolve grants immunity when the bar is filled and you claim that it isn't working. So, when you're stunned twice, what's to prevent the system of 2 stuns = immunity from not working as well? If you're being stunned during Resolve's immunity, then you could probably be stunned during the new system's immunity as well. Lots of repetition, but my point is that the problem lies in fixing the immunity first and foremost, not implementing a new system in hopes that it works better. Then if and only if Resolve still isn't doing its job that a new system should be brought forth.

Again a valid notion, course this isnt to sway those who havent experienced the issue, its for those having it... as for the 2 stun setup, I dunno about that either... My simple issue is this... if people are experiencing issues, then fix it. All Im getting is we will look into it, and 4 months of the same issue without anything being resolved tends to become a rather serious issue, specialy when it is sever people having it. Granted you might not be having this issue now, but doesnt mean u wont start. And given the time this issue has been around and the rate of which I have seen and experienced these issues, it could backlash into the realm itself, from dropped subscriptions and more. A return of dead servers would effect not just me but many people, and a issue like that for core pvpers can be quite a problem indeed.

Again a valid notion, course this isnt to sway those who havent experienced the issue, its for those having it... as for the 2 stun setup, I dunno about that either... [...]

It's for those having it..... to..... what? Cry on each other's shoulders? If you've been reporting this for 4 months and there's been absolutely no official acknowledgement (since they say they will "look into" anything you submit as a ticket that isn't confirmation at all but a standard "we received your ticket" response) or fix, chances are the issue doesn't exist.

Again a valid notion, course this isnt to sway those who havent experienced the issue, its for those having it... as for the 2 stun setup, I dunno about that either... My simple issue is this... if people are experiencing issues, then fix it. All Im getting is we will look into it, and 4 months of the same issue without anything being resolved tends to become a rather serious issue, specialy when it is sever people having it. Granted you might not be having this issue now, but doesnt mean u wont start. And given the time this issue has been around and the rate of which I have seen and experienced these issues, it could backlash into the realm itself, from dropped subscriptions and more. A return of dead servers would effect not just me but many people, and a issue like that for core pvpers can be quite a problem indeed.

Alright then, then the problem lies with them fixing it. They need to be able to recreate the situation for them to know what's causing the problem in the first place <-- This is where a video might help. If they can't find the problem/what's causing it, then they can't fix it. Besides, I don't think coming onto the forums will help them fix the problem any faster.

It's for those having it..... to..... what? Cry on each other's shoulders? If you've been reporting this for 4 months and there's been absolutely no official acknowledgement (since they say they will "look into" anything you submit as a ticket that isn't confirmation at all but a standard "we received your ticket" response) or fix, chances are the issue doesn't exist.

Daiyukie o.O Hello ...

The challenge still stands.

Like someone mentioned, 7 months into the game, 0 proof of "CC through resolve".

Bring proof of such "common" incident. Not hard at all.

or is it? :rolleyes: Trying to take footage of the Flying Spaghetti Monster seems to have the same effect.

This.

What the OP and others are regarding as an acknowledgement of an issue is nothing other than Bioware's acknowledgement of receiving a complaint. If there was a verified instance of Resolve not working correctly it would be listed in the official known bugs list, which it is not.

Fact of the matter is that you are being frustrated by CC and are blaming the system instead of your own and your team's failures. If we assume that you are correct and Resolve is broken, you are still failing as a player and a team when you are stunned that many times because either you are going into a 1v2+ fight as the 1, or your team has completely failed to CC or peel the train that is being run against you.

U dont need proof because people have submitted tickets of the issue before and it is investigated by BW. They can see every action taken within a specific Warzone and every effect on a player in a Warzone so if this was an actual issue it would have been addressed long before now. So again its not a bug its people not understanding resolve and how it works, for god sake 99% of all people in warzones have so little situational awareness they cant even see a great neon light coming out of someones arse and start focusing on them. How are we to expect those people to see a white resolve bar and the immunity it gives them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.