Don't have a Sin/Shadow in your RWZ group? You lost Civil War!

Owynyo

Most half decent groups stack classes. And it gets old fast.

Send assassin to own side node and cap faster than enemy and/or send assassin to enemy side node and prevent them from capping it first. Then turtle in middle - you win. (Stacking tanks and PTs/Maras helps a ton.

/clap Bioware. PvP is fun...

Before you say it only works in Civil War - imagine facing this team in Huttball. Yeah, they can pull your tank into the fire many, many times. And did I mention they have a guarded sin tank? Don't think I did.

Attacking in Void Star? Good luck getting past the tanks and the maras.

Broken game is broken.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our 2 losses both happened in alderaan. Both times they managed to cap their side node first, then proceeded to turtle in mid w/ 2 tanks / have an almost immortal class stand at their side note who immediately called for backup.

Obviously we made the mistake of not rerolling the strongest classes. We need to be punished...

Now that's awkward.

http://i.imgur.com/zmAsK.jpg

Bro I have records like that on two 50s both of which have rotations that involve more than flame burst spam. Posting this from my iPhone or I would provide pics of my 59-0 sent or 55-3 op healer.

Pt who thinks he's good made my day

Edit: valor 97 ptech who still hasn't got bored of his one button rotation is funny as well. L2p and stop making these posts

Edited by Motoeric

Bro I have records like that on two 50s both of which have rotations that involve more than flame burst spam. Posting this from my iPhone or I would provide pics of my 59-0 sent or 55-3 op healer.

Edit: valor 97 ptech who still hasn't got bored of his one button rotation is funny as well. L2p and stop making these posts

Edit: Unlike you I don't like rerolling fotm classes all day to perform well in wz (granted I got lucky with my vanguard). And do you really think I give a **** about your ratings? This is about serious game balancing issues that me and my team have noticed. And I couldn't care less about the opinion of some noisy, butthurt elitist who likes to insult other players.

Edited by Owynyo

1 button rotation? I'm sorry, whats the most impressive damage rotation? every class in this game boils down to 4 core abilities and then everything else is situational. all the people crying for macro support are just, well, bad. clickers perform well because you can get pretty much every ability you ever need onto two basic skillbars, and anyone who has played runescape (a major portion of this MMO's population despite them all swearing to the contrary) can probably competetively outpace the ability usage of a keybinder on the two major taskbars.

Most half decent groups stack classes. And it gets old fast.

Send assassin to own side node and cap faster than enemy and/or send assassin to enemy side node and prevent them from capping it first. Then turtle in middle - you win. (Stacking tanks and PTs/Maras helps a ton.

/clap Bioware. PvP is fun...

Before you say it only works in Civil War - imagine facing this team in Huttball. Yeah, they can pull your tank into the fire many, many times. And did I mention they have a guarded sin tank? Don't think I did.

Attacking in Void Star? Good luck getting past the tanks and the maras.

Broken game is broken.

Oh youw ant more nerf? assassin is still gonna pwn you regardless of nerf...

goodplayer will always prevail

Edited by timidobserver

Also note that guys rating given his win loss ratio. With a rating just over 2000 and that good of a win loss ratio shows that you are only playing terrible teams (probably queue dodging because you are bad). I have a 100-15 record (not as impressive as 100-2) on my main and a rating of 2050, showing I don't play as many **** teams as you do. Edited by boulderbrian

Also note that guys rating given his win loss ratio. With a rating just over 2000 and that good of a win loss ratio shows that you are only playing terrible teams (probably queue dodging because you are bad). I have a 100-15 record (not as impressive as 100-2) on my main and a rating of 2050, showing I don't play as many **** teams as you do.

L2P is one the of only logical things some of these kids can throw out. As said before, a lot of classes are sitting on the sidelines waiting to be viable; while others that are still viable are waiting for PvP to not be broken so the objectives and mechanics of it all can be played without God/Unkillable players. These players are unkillable due to 80% of their gear and class and 20% of skill/team support.

Bioware needs to sit down, stop releasing trivial content and fix this.

Also note that guys rating given his win loss ratio. With a rating just over 2000 and that good of a win loss ratio shows that you are only playing terrible teams (probably queue dodging because you are bad). I have a 100-15 record (not as impressive as 100-2) on my main and a rating of 2050, showing I don't play as many **** teams as you do.

You could be right about this one if rateds had been out for months. Truth is, they were released one week ago. So not having a high ranking doesn't mean your team is bad, it simply means you've not played as much as you could have. In conclusion having a relativley low ranking for a huge number of wins only implies, that you played against teams with a lower ranking which aren't necessarily bad but haven't played a lot in one week. But I guess, if you were capable of thinking that far you wouldn't have posted your nonsense in the first place.

What needs to be adjusted is Assassin and OP SAP in PvP. First of all they both do the exact same thing but for some reason an Assassins SAP doesn't give you a full bar of resolve like the Ops does. Secondly, there aren't good enough invisibility detectors in the game to allow a class to invisibly CC you for 10 seconds at a time 2 or 3 times in a row. Tankasins are the best solo defenders in the game at buying time because when you get to their node, they will SAP you twice, then when you have a full resolve bar they will fight you as long as they can (remember they are a tank), and if they fail to beat you they will vanish and SAP you another 2 times. In ranked warzones that makes it way too easy for one single class to defend a node. Also, with all their survivability and DPS, Tankasins have two 10 second mezzes; SAP and Whirlwind. No other class has 2 10 second mezzes they can use in PvP. Edited by DimeStax

Well, you just can send some annoying not dying class on you turret and pressure hard mid (I bet there are another assault vanguard in your team so it is fairly easy, considering they will have 1 at their node and 1 harrasing your node).

When you got mid you can go and help side.

When you take tankassasins in your team it makes you somewhat stronger in huttball, but not in Civil War.

Think about yourself, for example, assault vanguard.

How do you think stacking 2 assault vanguards in a team is OK in present state?

Edited by BambulaGTS

There are no other teams in this rating range on our server.

They can only play against the teams that are queued...

Edited by iphobia

What needs to be adjusted is Assassin and OP SAP in PvP. First of all they both do the exact same thing but for some reason an Assassins SAP doesn't give you a full bar of resolve like the Ops does. Secondly, there aren't good enough invisibility detectors in the game to allow a class to invisibly CC you for 10 seconds at a time 2 or 3 times in a row. Tankasins are the best solo defenders in the game at buying time because when you get to their node, they will SAP you twice, then when you have a full resolve bar they will fight you as long as they can (remember they are a tank), and if they fail to beat you they will vanish and SAP you another 2 times. In ranked warzones that makes it way too easy for one single class to defend a node. Also, with all their survivability and DPS, Tankasins have two 10 second mezzes; SAP and Whirlwind. No other class has 2 10 second mezzes they can use in PvP.

Wrong. We have an 8 second Whirldwind which is only instant if we spec into it, and Mind Trap also 8 seconds which is the EXACT same thing as sleep dart. And sleep dart does not fill full resolve, I can do the same sap, cc solo cap move on my Op as I can on my assassin. There is no 10 second mez in the game.

So send 2 person to a side turret and you can still have your grand melee in mid if you want to.

We once lost mid due to coordinated charge, push, awe combo from 4 guardians, you don't see me coming here whining about it.

Edited by anwg

You sir are simply bad. Your prob the one making posts about transcendence and predation being speed hacks.

L2p issue for sure

Christ one of you. At least if you're going to run to the defence of your own class, stop doing it with such insecurity. Decorate it up or something.

He has a very valid point about the use of stealth classes being imperative to the success of Ranked PVP..

Alderann is this = Whoever takes left/right first. The mid is rarely taken, as teams will have stealthers in wait to finish the last interrupt. Generally, assassin/shadow tanks simply weren't nerfed enough to discourage anyone to stop playing them. They are still the ultimate objective player, offering the most CCs, pulls, guards and the ability for a tank to stealth (lol?).

Edited by TheGreatFrosty

So send 2 person to a side turret and you can still have your grand melee in mid if you want to.

We once lost mid due to coordinate charge, push, awe combo from 4 guardians, you don't see me coming here whining about it.

This does not fix our problem because each time they sent a sin to one side and a sith warrior to the other. Even if we'd send 2 ppl to one side they'd have to kill their guy first which still lets them cap one turret before us thus giving them the advantage to not have to cap mid. All the while they're having 2 PTs and one mara mid (insane burst) with a tank and 2 healers. There's absolutely no way to counter this setup unless you stack classes, too.

If your record is 107 and 2, I don't see what the problem is. Clearly you're steamrolling with your composition. What is wrong with other compositions that work? Just wait until you run into teams with 6 pyrotechs and 2 healers.

I don't mind losing against teams who outplay us skillwise. I do however hate losing to comps we just can't beat. Both losses happened on alderaan. Both times they stacked tanks and unlike us, had a sin to either stop us from capping our side turret / get their turret first. It's extremely frustrating.

And just so you know: Our comp includes 2 dps commandos and a dps scoundrel. Clearly we're not simply steamrolling because of our setup.

Edited by Owynyo

Christ one of you. At least if you're going to run to the defence of your own class, stop doing it with such insecurity. Decorate it up or something.

He has a very valid point about the use of stealth classes being imperative to the success of Ranked PVP..

Alderann is this = Whoever takes left/right first. The mid is rarely taken, as teams will have stealthers in wait to finish the last interrupt. Generally, assassin/shadow tanks simply weren't nerfed enough to discourage anyone to stop playing them. They are still the ultimate objective player, offering the most CCs, pulls, guards and the ability for a tank to stealth (lol?).

Finally someone who seems to have an understanding about what's going on in competitive warzones these days.

It seems odd to me that someone at 107-2 would be complaining about class imbalance. How many Civil Wars have you won in that streak, and how many of those teams had Shadows/Sins on them?