Isn't this nuts? :P

Sarfux

One of the people I know still play the game and keep playing it just for the fact because they are not having fun.....get this

Because he LIKES to complain about being on a low population server so he can brag to his friend how much this game sucks and barely sees any people...he somehow gets off on it or something. It's getting to the point where he is constantly telling me online "dude....i just saw another person on the fleet! omg! thats 2!!" and stupid crap like that

How can I tell this guy, or someone down the line who does this stuff in the future to just...stop playing the game if they hate it? Are there seriously people out there who stay subbed to a game JUST to bash it? :eek: I thought that was just a joke! That's a little insane...is it like...their duty or something they feel to tell others it sucks? :eek: lol weird isn't it?

if that's how they want to spend their time and money, let them. just block them so they don't bother you. bioware is still getting their money so they can use it to make our game better.

Well said my friend, well said!

if that's how they want to spend their time and money, let them. just block them so they don't bother you. bioware is still getting their money so they can use it to make our game better.

:D this is what i'll do then :p thanks!

You should see these folks in action in real life. Its a symptom of a superiority complex. They would rather feel like the big fish in a little pond while being bored, then having a blast at the cost of prestige. It's bizzare, but very common, sadly.

You should see these folks in action in real life. Its a symptom of a superiority complex. They would rather feel like the big fish in a little pond while being bored, then having a blast at the cost of prestige. It's bizzare, but very common, sadly.

if that isn't borderline crazy I don't know what is :p they need to get some help then ;)

How can I tell this guy, or someone down the line who does this stuff in the future to just...stop playing the game if they hate it?

Who are YOU to tell them anything?! OMG, you sound like a nosy, gossiping drama queen. Do your own thing...stop thinking you have any right to tell others what they should do.

One of the people I know still play the game and keep playing it just for the fact because they are not having fun.....get this

Because he LIKES to complain about being on a low population server so he can brag to his friend how much this game sucks and barely sees any people...he somehow gets off on it or something. It's getting to the point where he is constantly telling me online "dude....i just saw another person on the fleet! omg! thats 2!!" and stupid crap like that

How can I tell this guy, or someone down the line who does this stuff in the future to just...stop playing the game if they hate it? Are there seriously people out there who stay subbed to a game JUST to bash it? :eek: I thought that was just a joke! That's a little insane...is it like...their duty or something they feel to tell others it sucks? :eek: lol weird isn't it?

your friend sounds like a swtor forum all star.

Who are YOU to tell them anything?! OMG, you sound like a nosy, gossiping drama queen. Do your own thing...stop thinking you have any right to tell others what they should do.

Aren't you now telling someone else what they should do?

From personal experience with others that do this, I'd say the person is attached to the game, but feels the need to bash the game / or developers because of something the developers have done / won't fix.

Otherwise if they don't like it, they will probably do the trial and log off in 5 minutes and never get past level 2.

Edited by AFKGCWBOT

Exactly... and besides EA needs every dollar they can get right about now, why would you tell him to stop playing?

I think you just described half the people on this forum :/

That kind of behavior is symptom of a depressive status with a tendency to paranoia, generally associated to bordeline personality disturb.

Even if you managed to take him/her out of here he/she would either develop an unstable behavior, mostly due to the constant thinking about the game, or direct his/her attention toward another new subject, most likely developing the same attachement.

As mentioned, scapegoating has become very common amongst mmorpg players because it provides a way to project toward a generical population or entity the lack of self esteem that is very common in the most represented population that composes mmo players: uneducated and generally poor people.