Why does it take so long to use the group finder on a full server?

If you're neither a healer nor a tank you have to wait quite a while.

This isn't unique to SW:ToR ... WoW already proved that LFG tools make damage dealers waste a lot of time.

If you're neither a healer nor a tank you have to wait quite a while.

This isn't unique to SW:ToR ... WoW already proved that LFG tools make damage dealers waste a lot of time.

Rift has a long *** wait for DPS too. Theres just wayyy more people dpsing than there are healers/tanks. Ive been queueing with my Operative healer and I tend to get groups pretty fast. Usually dont have to wait more than 5 minutes.

The fact that swtor only has 2 dps per tank and healer combo makes the dps queues even longer compared to other games, assuming that the amount of overall dpsers is at the same ratio.

I got sick and tired of trying to get a group when i started playing the game that must not be named in its vanilla time, so I've rolled healer/tank ever since.

essentially, most people get their 4 man group together, then roll into the group finder. thats for HM FP's so no one gets added to the group.

In the case of Ops, I can only assume that they are getting their 8 man op together and doing the same thing.

I know that I do that for my FP's, I haven't been in a op yet that wasn't 8 man to start with.

Edited by Dacce

Why don't people like pug groups? i think its fun to go and do different things with new people. Plus i queue for a tank and dps and still nothing! I know dealing with people that don't know what they are doing is tuff and haven't done the op before, but thats a good way to teach them since some guilds (including mine) don't always tell you about the op nights and sometimes don't pick for the op because they like the current people they always do it with.

Why don't people like pug groups? i think its fun to go and do different things with new people. Plus i queue for a tank and dps and still nothing! I know dealing with people that don't know what they are doing is tuff and haven't done the op before, but thats a good way to teach them since some guilds (including mine) don't always tell you about the op nights and sometimes don't pick for the op because they like the current people they always do it with.

Thats not the issue people have most are more than willing to teach its the people that que up for ops that are in no way geared or prepared to listen to advice but then again it happens when people pull people manually off fleet to i got roped into a denova op with people i didnt know today (bar 1 friend he is a new 50 likes to learn so im more than willing to help) .... here are the stages of what went wrong..

stage 1: why is my friend a fresh 50 being asked to dps denova (no offense great guy but im sure fellow ops runners will agree that shouldnt be done)

stage 2: after not rolling with the gut instinct and checking out players armor i go into the fp and see that twice one of the tanks has fallen to the mobs... After hovering over his name to check health BOOM im hit with the realisation that this "tank" has 14k hp and a shoddy armor rating to match

stage 3: hovering other names i see hp is generally low so i get near and inspect gear to which i find the dps ratings not reaching above average for ev story mode

stage 4: inform group of the fact we dont stand a hope in hell with the gear and suggest they go to EV storymode and i can suggest a healer to replace me

stage 5: get insulted by the "ops leader" and then replaced in the middle of arguing with the moron

stage 6: wait outside denova for 3 mins while my friend tells me they now cant heal fast enough as they have accepted a frash geared 50

stage 7: Laugh my *** off when they come out shortly after :)

Edited by Tigzie

Thats not the issue people have most are more than willing to teach its the people that que up for ops that are in no way geared or prepared to listen to advice but then again it happens when people pull people manually off guild to i got roped into a denova op with people i didnt know today (bar 1 friend he is a new 50 likes to learn so im more than willing to help) .... here are the stages of what went wrong..

stage 1: why is my friend a fresh 50 being asked to dps denova (no offense great guy but im sure fellow ops runners will agree that shouldnt be done)

stage 2: after not rolling with the gut instinct and checking out players armor i go into the fp and see that twice one of the tanks has fallen to the mobs... After hovering over his name to check health BOOM im hit with the realisation that this "tank" has 14k hp and a shoddy armor rating to match

stage 3: hovering other names i see hp is generally low so i get near and inspect gear to which i find the dps ratings not reaching above average for ev story mode

stage 4: inform group of the fact we dont stand a hope in hell with the gear and suggest they go to EV storymode and i can suggest a healer to replace me

stage 5: get insulted by the "ops leader" and then replaced in the middle of arguing with the moron

stage 6: wait outside denova for 3 mins while my friend tells me they now cant heal fast enough as they have accepted a frash geared 50

stage 7: Laugh my *** off when they come out shortly after :)

At that point I would probably lol at them then /gquit and find a guild that has a clue :p

My server was full last night and i was queued for the group finder for about 4 hours for the ops and nothing. Why don't people want to do the group finder for these ops?

You also need to remember that just because the server is full, does not mean that people are actually using the system. I know sometimes I avoid pugs. Especially if the server has a rep for having members who are.. well let's face it.. sarcastic, immature morons. The group finder was put in mainly because there where so many people crying about it on the forums. The system can be good yes, but only on the right server IMO. It's much better to assemble a group from your guild. People that you know & trust. Not those boot you for no reason.

I was in an Esseles run once, I said "wow fps dropped. :P" & the leader booted me for it. Some people are so hard core at things they just don't give a ****. I much prefer to do things with people I know after that. & I can assure you I'm not alone in saying that.

Edited by Aedey

At that point I would probably lol at them then /gquit and find a guild that has a clue :p

Lol not my guild just as i said idiots on the fleet only 1 guildmate was in there that asked if i could help :) gotta say i had a great laugh at their expense watching them come out xD

So far the system hasn't been that bad for a first attempt. The wait on fp's is ridiculous its true. Using it for op's has been fun though. Me and a few others in my guild have been using it to help people gear and look for new talent. So far I've found people listen better in op's vs the fp's. Recently took 3 people through EV who had never done it, and after giving advice on each boss we steamrolled it pretty quick.

Ahh apologies for the double post but need to draw attention to this one for the dps out there that dont want to waste as long waiting for an ops

i know this may seem like a simple thing but if you know you want to do an ops that night the second you sign on put yourself in a que then get your bearings say hi to guild and set about doing your dailies more often than not you will get a message pop up if not you havnt done dailies for an hour or so then wasted 4 hours in a que doing nothing :) and occasionally you will get lucky and be matched straight away :)

I think its just a matter of people really really hate getting grouped with horrible pugs so they just dont solo queue. The one time I did solo queue for SM ops I ended up with a group full of clueless players. Ended up wiping several times then both of the tanks bailed. This kind of thing could be avoided simply by adding a gear check to the system. Rift has strict requirements that tend to filter out clueless pugs.

Like others, my tank and healer chars are a short wait. I usually run a hybrid spec on my chars so I can do either job reasonably well but I never get slotted for DPS, only tank or healer. So based on this anecdotal evidence, there are a ton of DPS in the queue and not so many tanks and healers.

Pugging a flashpoint can be really fun, you meet new ppl, ask them to join the guild perhaps etc. But when it's bad it can be REALLY freaking bad. U have no idea who the other person behind that character is if they dont talk or answer to anything. Its lovely when you explain tactics again and again after each wipe and still they screw it up. Due to going into pug hard modes more with the grp finder I've found myself quitting the grp in the middle of the fp and I didnt really have to do that before grp finder. But it's just waste of time to do Kaon Under Siege and die 10 times at the cannon cos people just dont listen or something is wrong with their understanding -.-

I really dont mind teaching ppl tactics etc. but when trying to do so to brick walls it stops being nice and I just leave the grp.

I was in a pug raid with my alt and even tho it went somewhat smooth (due to ppl being over geared for that) but there was still issues and I will most likely not pug a raid ever again, at least not thru grp finder. I just get annoyed by crap like how it can be with pugging.

i don't experience long wait time on my server, he is only heavy though.

1-2 minute when i sign it as a tank

18-20 minutes as DPS melee.

on peak hour that is.

What i did however, is miss a call, should be some kind of noise to signify the group is found.