Nothing upsets me more then people who don't call out inc or watch nodes

dkangl

I can't tell you how many times I have been on a losing team because someone doesn't call out inc or noone guards a node.

I am almost always following the masses to heal, but I am about ready to stop healing go dps just so I can guard a node and call out incs seeing it seems to be the HARDEST thing in PVP for MOST people to do.

LEARN TO GUARD NODES AND CALL OUT INC YOU NOOBS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a healer also and end up staying to guard as everyone runs off to get dem kills.

Especially at the start of a civil war, I stand back just on the ledge about to drop down to mid but have to swap and head to west because everyone bull rushes mid. So I have to go and cap it.

And then they all end up getting killed in mid and we lose it so it's lose-lose no matter what I do.

Depressing!

i agree completely. sometimes i can go and save them and cal the INC for them because i see someone who is out of range losing health, so i quickly check the map to see if there at a node, call the inc then go and help them.

but seriously, how hard is it to type 'inc grass'.

Nothing upsets me like people using the wrong form of the word than.

Nothing upsets me more then people who don't call out incs is people who correct others grammar and punctuation thinking it makes them look smart when in reality it makes them look like a douche.

Nothing upsets me more then people who don't call out incs is people who correct others grammar and punctuation thinking it makes them look smart when in reality it makes them look like a douche.

than*

Part of the problem is it is VERY difficult to type: INC GRASS when:

1: You're the only fool guarding the node, and get attacked by a stealth class. In this situation you have 2 choices.

a: Fight - try to CC, hope they don't have their protection up, then try an type INC GRASS. Sometimes this works, and you buy enough time for re-enforcements to arrive before they actually cap it.

b: type INC GRASS and definitely die a GCD or two later, thus allowing them to take the node, regardless of the fact you warned you team.

I play mostly Sniper or healer/Op, and get left guarding nodes ALL THE TIME, as everyone runs off to get their kills.

Sniper is the WORST character to leave guarding a node alone. Let alone one still wearing some recruit gear.

My healer is by far the STUPIDEST class to leave guarding a node alone. I can't even play on teams that do this. There is no excuse for such a lack of situational awareness.

But honestly speaking here. These issues are EXACTLY why you should be playing on a pre-made, with a guild, using VENT.

I'm guilty of not doing any of the later.

Edited by Mirthadrond

First of all, using Grass and Snow is dumb. It can be tolerated the use of right and left but west and east is the best way. In case of reiterated use of the Grass/snow nomenclature you deserve to be mocked with sentences like " sorry i couln' help you, i am allergic to pollen" or " sorry I suffer from chilblains" and in the next match ganked untill you quit.

Second, if you are guarding and those who are playing with you are barely human, even wrting "Here" in chat will ring some bells in their head.

Third, if you happen to play with "not even barely human" players, you can do the following things:

a) start guarding

b) while nothing is happening, open your chat

c) write in capital letters INCOMING EAST/WEST

d) put your mouse over the text, select it and press Ctrl+c

e)if someone is coming, press enter followed by Ctrl+v, followed by enter

f)if at least you are barely human you can also put n+1 to indicate how many enemies are coming (+1 because most of the times there is a stelther).

This can be done while stunned so if you don't do it you deserve to be ganked until you quit.

another why the hell isn't this simple problem simply fixed thread. Come on BW there are plenty of ways to make this easier for everyone and require very little effort on your part.

1, Add keybinds for 'Incoming right/left/grass/snow/mid/east/west/south' - you get the idea

2. Make the node have a left click action to call incoming to that node

3. Show a 'node under attack' whenever opposing faction is in combat at a capped node

4. Add a pause button to allow the numb of fingers to type out an 'incoming' message into the right channel

Im sure 2 hours brainstorming would produce any number of perfectly viable simple solutions

First of all, using Grass and Snow is dumb. It can be tolerated the use of right and left but west and east is the best way. In case of reiterated use of the Grass/snow nomenclature you deserve to be mocked with sentences like " sorry i couln' help you, i am allergic to pollen" or " sorry I suffer from chilblains" and in the next match ganked untill you quit.

Second, if you are guarding and those who are playing with you are barely human, even wrting "Here" in chat will ring some bells in their head.

Third, if you happen to play with "not even barely human" players, you can do the following things:

a) start guarding

f)if at least you are barely human you can also put n+1 to indicate how many enemies are coming (+1 because most of the times there is a stelther).

This can be done while stunned so if you don't do it you deserve to be ganked until you quit.

You make it sound so simple and obvious, but 99% of people cannot type whilst stunned. Let alone copy and paste.

I learned a long time ago that if you want a node guarded correctly (never take eyes off it, don't get lured away, call out numbers the instant you see any opposition, burn whatever cooldowns/consumables you can to stay alive till help arrives), you have to do it yourself. However, I also learned a long time ago that the entire concept of having to sit there and watch a node sucks anyway. Nobody wants to do it, I don't want to do it, I almost always avoid doing it, and so I never utter one word of complaint about anyone who gets stuck doing it, no matter how bad a job they do.

I'd like to see some kind of mechanism that after a node has been held for a while, gives a brief warning and then wipes out anyone within range of the turret and resets it so it has to be capped again. Anything to keep people from having to sit there the whole game staring at a node waiting for that stealther who may or may not ever come.

Stuns dont unplug your keyboard.

Thank you!!

As soon as you are stunned, because they will almost always open with some kind of cc, call for help, then defend the node. Even if you don't need help, you should probably still call.

Thank you!!

As soon as you are stunned, because they will almost always open with some kind of cc, call for help, then defend the node. Even if you don't need help, you should probably still call.

Given the classes I typically play, I suppose you are right. If a stealth class gets the drop on me, I'm likely going to die anyway. Might as well warn the idiots on my team we're about to lose the node.

Try as I might, regardless which class I happen to be playing, I cannot for the life of me, leave a node unguarded.

If everyone else has / is running off, I'll stay behind. Even if I'm playing my healer.

Who am I to argue with them over their death wish?

The ONLY viable solution to this problem, is as i pointed out earlier. Find a guild that PVP's and uses VENT, and PVP ONLY with them. If you are playing on PUGs, you are doing it wrong. Bioware has made that pretty clear.

P.S.

As pointed out earlier, by another poster. How hard would it be for Bioware to make a 'quick chat' keybind, for quick obvious battle ground intel?

Microsoft Allegiance had perhaps the BEST quick chat system I've ever seen in team / objective based game.

There was literally NO info you couldn't relay in 3 - 4 key presses.

i was in 2 games last night where imps left east turret wide open. First game the pubs capped it and we lost (i was solo guarding west after taking it) 2nd game also Civil war, i took west again while everyone fought mid. Never did cap mid but to my surprise, pubs never took east. So much luck

Our guild group usually loses games because of this, as we will off be claiming a hard to capture point and some dink will not call inc or leave a node outright to chase someone. I try to watch nodes for our group most often because I'm usually playing a dps operative, but I can't always do that because our groups usually consist of 2 healers, 1 tank, and 1 dps, so I have to be with our group to apply some pressure and help peel for our healers, because the pugs will not do so typically. If we get into a group with another guild, it usually goes a lot better.

The problem is nobody wants to or think that because they're DPS they're most important. Really though, if you roll a class that's better suited to guard (say tankasin), just bite the bullet and expect to do it. If you don't like it, roll something else.

And I don't know what it is with healers getting stuck guarding. It happens all the time, and if there's one group that should never be on guard duty it's healers--especially if he or she is the only one in the op.

I also hate it, though, when you're down by a significant amount--or creeping up on the "point of no return" in ACW--and there are still two people guarding the lone node.

a) start guarding

I like I3W, I1M, I6E, etc.

Very easy to type and people should be smart enough to know what ti means.

But I do agree with you on grass and snow. First, it assumes people know which is which. These is an especially bad assumption to make in 1-49, but there are a lot of people who don't even try pvp until 50. Second, since they are in different directions depending on factions. So it may not be the person's first time pvp, but may be his first time on that faction or he might switch between the two a lot. Either way, it might take him a few seconds to think about which way to run--a few seconds that might be the difference between a cap and a save.

Along those same lines, I here people squabble over the "proper" directions in VS. I honestly don't understand why you just can't limit it to directions according to POV. It's simplest for everybody.

Our guild group usually loses games because of this, as we will off be claiming a hard to capture point and some dink will not call inc or leave a node outright to chase someone. I try to watch nodes for our group most often because I'm usually playing a dps operative, but I can't always do that because our groups usually consist of 2 healers, 1 tank, and 1 dps, so I have to be with our group to apply some pressure and help peel for our healers, because the pugs will not do so typically. If we get into a group with another guild, it usually goes a lot better.

Sorry, dude, but letting this happen in a premade is kind of inexcusable. :(

One simple solution if u arent a fast typer or are stealthed attacked is: if your going to choose to guard a node pre type inc west/east and hit enter wen attacked/see enemies... Works like a keybind and never fails

Sorry, dude, but letting this happen in a premade is kind of inexcusable. :(

Our team can't be everywhere at once and it doesn't happen all the time, but it has happened. Others need to pull their weight too. A premade group of 4 is not a guaranteed win if you are fighting against smart/geared players or another/multiple premade on the other side and you are stuck with dead weight as the other half of your team. It essentially becomes 4 vs 8 if the other side is coordinated. If we are fighting tooth and nail to gain/defend another point, no one can be spared to leave. What usually happens is our group is fighting and holding off the majority of their team and then someone completely fails by not calling an attack/chasing someone or tries to 1v1 and doesn't say anything until he loses, and by that time, we can't get someone over there in time. Although, if we switched a healer with another tank/dps, it would be more affordable/easier to always leave one at another node I think, but we can't always optimize the group that way. I would hardly call this inexcusable and entirely the fault of that person who failed to communicate.

I've had about enough of pugging. Here are some things I see in more or less every game:

1. 6-7 people stacking on the same node despite that there's only one enemy there. L2count! I'm constantly forced to be the guy who runs back and forth in an attempt to even out the forces. How about watching your maps, people? Or my favorite, everyone dropping on the same side on VS AT THE START OF THE GAME and before knowing where the enemies are heading.

2. Related to 1. Six people on one node and the enemy is still taking it. I don't know how many times I've come running just to see an enemy take a node two feet behind my team mates. L2rotate camera!

3. Seven tankassins on the team but they're letting the sorc guard the other node alone. Ok, that was an extreme case but it pretty much sums up how little people know about class roles.

4. Assuming that the team actually focuses the healer you can bet money on that they wont interrupt. I only have so many ways of interrupting before everything is on CD.

5. Trading objectives. This is something that has made me send my controller into orbit in console shooters and it hurts to see that people are just as stupid in this game. You have two objectives, you win by keeping two objectives so why the **** are you going for the third? What in God's name made you think that spreading the forces thin and losing one objective in the process would win you the game?

6. Not helping team mates. If I see an operative go to town on a team mate I will instantly cast some form of stun followed by slow to give my team mate time to get up from the floor and run away. When team mates see me fighting a sentinel and smuggler they just run off. Isnt it kind of obvious that they're next?

7. Down 150 on CW but still with a chance to turn things around.....and we have three people guarding one node. I'm not talking about afk'ing for defender points either. No, it's the same three guys that has been there from the start. Does it matter if we lose 500-0 or 300-0? I'm willing to put that one node on the line for a chance to make a push in contrast to just standing there and definitely losing. I'm usually alone in thinking this.

8. People giving up on Novare. You never give up on Novare!!! It can be 90%-10% and you still have a chance to turn it around. Well unless the other team has all three. As long as you have one there's hope.

Edited by MidichIorian

I'm a healer also and end up staying to guard as everyone runs off to get dem kills.

Especially at the start of a civil war, I stand back just on the ledge about to drop down to mid but have to swap and head to west because everyone bull rushes mid. So I have to go and cap it.

And then they all end up getting killed in mid and we lose it so it's lose-lose no matter what I do.

Depressing!

Did you tell your team you're a healer? Only the commando/merc has an easily identifiable "stance" that you can quickly peek at. Did you drop an AoE heal at the beginning so everyone sees your name in big green letters? Did you ask for a guard in chat?

Besides this, my advice is to stand right next to where the speeder spawns and click it as soon as it appears. Then go like crazy for mid. Make someone else go left. If no one else goes left, well, that team wasn't really destined for great things anyway.

...However, I also learned a long time ago that the entire concept of having to sit there and watch a node sucks anyway. Nobody wants to do it, I don't want to do it, I almost always avoid doing it, and so I never utter one word of complaint about anyone who gets stuck doing it, no matter how bad a job they do

I agree, babysitting a node royally sucks. Especially if mid/south is contested and you are watching the flytext informing you of your team members getting killed, watching health bars, or watching the turret status in Novare, and you know it's coming. Yup, your miserable fail of a team lost the central node and you can look forward to sitting on your node the whole game with zero action. Best you can hope for is someone to attempt to ninja cap it so you have something to do. Of course then you call for help, no one comes because they are all fighting for one of the other nodes, and then they blame you for losing it.

But that's a best case scenario. More likely you wait until it passes 2:1 in Alderaan and everyone shows up for a dance party / defender medal party instead.

I've been in games where we were so hopeless I've asked people to just leave the node and go fight. I've also been in games where the guy guarding our natural node leaves the warzone as soon as we get two-capped. And then we get three-capped. Because it sucks to guard to when you only have 1 node.

I do now and then (not than) get cranky when nodes flip that should not have flipped.

I have even been known to type requests for a 'real" player to come help when others run off to fight away from the nodes BUT those guys that are watching nodes are doing it for the team.

Try to cut them a little slack if they get ninja killed or the node flips before they can call it. Situational awareness is critical in objective based PvP but Sh** happens.

I can't tell you how many times I have been on a losing team because someone doesn't call out inc or noone guards a node.

I am almost always following the masses to heal, but I am about ready to stop healing go dps just so I can guard a node and call out incs seeing it seems to be the HARDEST thing in PVP for MOST people to do.

LEARN TO GUARD NODES AND CALL OUT INC YOU NOOBS

well if you are smarter then a 5year old. you can always tell when other area needs help. If 6 of you are fighting 1 person at mid, chances are east might need help. If you look at op frame and peoples health bars our going down but you dont see anyone at mid fighting. chances are east needs help. If you look at mini-map and see no friendlies at east door.. chances are east needs help. Granted a courtesy inc call helps, but everyone needs to pay more attention to whats going on. most people don't see inc call anyways. Many of times I will call 3 inc snow and no one comes, then when I die and they cap I read what no f'n call for help. So seriously stop crying and learn to pay more attention to whats going on around you.

Edited by Ssfbistimg