Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Free level 50 character.

Nkap

and ive said they shouldnt change servers now.

i just said in my opinion, would a pvp server should of been like.

i wasnt even quoting you in that statement, i was explaining myself to the person quoting me, get over yourself.

Edited by GooseGrims

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh i never touched guild wars, what im saying is i dont want them changing servers now, if they want to add an arena server and make ppl pay extra for it thats fine, but if they are going to start handing out lvl 50 characters to anyone with a tear in thier eye ill be unsubbing and waiting for elder scrolls.

Why charge extra? And why would you unsub? I find it hard to believe that there aren't already tons of crappy level 50s out there who act like they haven't even played the leveling game...

Why charge extra? And why would you unsub? I find it hard to believe that there aren't already tons of crappy level 50s out there who act like they haven't even played the leveling game...

if they were to start pvp only servers and give players geared max lvl toons its probly something they would charge extra for cause if not every new player would go to those servers for the free geared lvl 50.

do i need to exlain any further why i would unsub if they handed out lvl 50's to everyone?

we arnt talking about ppl being on a crappy geared 50 and acting like they havnt played, ppl in this thread are asking for lvl 50's so they dont have to play the game.

Edited by GooseGrims

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

ps. this is not wow

What what?!

By the way OP if you are to lazy to grind your way to 50 just becuse you done so once doesnt mean you are granted a free character when you want an alt becuse you are bored of your first character, maybe singleplayer is more your style.

Edited by Denyus

I absolutely hate leveling up characters.. it takes so long and is increadibly dreadful. At least, to me. I currently have a level 50 and increadibly love the whole end game things. What are he odds that Bioware would even give me a free level 50 character? I mean what's the harm in it.. I've already paid $60 for the game and $60 additional dollars in two 60 day time cards. And also does anyone else wish upon a free level 50? I mean heck I'd be happy for a completely gearless level 50 and if we was put back at the beginning of the main story so I still had to do my class quests. I do not mind grinding those. Just the painful trip of making it to level 50.

I think it's time for you to give up gaming.

I don't mean that to sound snarky, but when you're looking for such a cheap way to get to end-game without even playing the game, what are you even doing here?

if they were to start pvp only servers and give players geared max lvl toons its probly something they would charge extra for cause if not every new player would go to those servers for the free geared lvl 50.

I don't buy it. My guess is that far, far more people would rather play through the levels than jump to 50, especially since this game has been so heavily hyped for its storytelling.

do i need to exlain any further why i would unsub if they handed out lvl 50's to everyone?

Well, you don't need to do anything, but I suspect you wouldn't actually unsubscribe, not if you're having fun with the game as is. I honestly think you're over-estimating the number of people who would go for the option. A sizeable number of people might try it (especially among those who have "done it all"), but I doubt it'd be so large as to ruin the experience for those who like to level.

ppl in this thread are asking for lvl 50's so they dont have to play the game.

Aside from the fact that you're jumping to conclusions, how is this any skin off your nose?

Edited by BobaTed

I don't buy it. My guess is that far, far more people would rather play through the levels than jump to 50, especially since this game has been so heavily hyped for its storytelling.

Well, you don't need to do anything, but I suspect you wouldn't actually unsubscribe, not if you're having fun with the game as is. I honestly think you're over-estimating the number of people who would go for the option. A sizeable number of people might try it (especially among those who have "done it all"), but I doubt it'd be so large as to ruin the experience for those who like to level.

Aside from the fact that you're jumping to conclusions, how is this any skin off your nose?

obviously you dont get it and im done beating that dead horse. go on dreaming but i aint gonna happen.

keep telling yourself that.

I thought you were done? But in case you aren't, let me see if I can't sum up the opposition to the idea...

1) You don't want anyone getting for free what you had to work for;

2) There's not enough to do at 50 to justify the jump;

3) Everyone and his/her brother would jump to 50 if given the option.

I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but let me answer the above.

1) People "play" a game - nobody actually "works" in it. The point of this or any other game is entertainment, and for different people, that means different things, whether it's PvP, PvE, craftng raiding, etc. The OP wants the option to jump to the aspect of the game he (presumably) most enjoys, i.e., max-level raids or PvP or whatever. The only possible objection you can have here is the concern that know-nothing 50s who jumped ahead will mess up your raids - but that kinda happens anyway without jumping, and in any case the problem disappears if you only allow the jump to happen on a server dedicated to it.

2) Maybe a fair point, but it's up to each player to decide for himself whether the max level grind is entertaining. If someone decides it's far more entertaining than the leveling game, then the absence of the option means he's just going to bail on the game altogether. You may be ok with that, but in Bioware's eyes that's one less customer.

3) Like I said before, I don't see it happening. The worst that would happen is people would be all over it for maybe a month - but, if there really is jack-all to do at 50, they'd quickly fall back on the leveling game. There's also the fact that many players would probably be very uncomfortable with a max level player they didn't grow themselves (I've done it in beta tests, and it's weird), and will opt to restart at level 1.

Again, I'm sure I missed something. Looking forward to hearing it...

I understand the OP has a desire to move straight to end game, each to their own, I have no issue with people wanting to play end game..

I currently have 4 lvl 50s and I would guess that I spend 80% of my time playing my lower lvl characters.

Edited by Elkirin

I thought you were done? But in case you aren't, let me see if I can't sum up the opposition to the idea...

1) People "play" a game - nobody actually "works" in it. The point of this or any other game is entertainment, and for different people, that means different things, whether it's PvP, PvE, craftng raiding, etc. The OP wants the option to jump to the aspect of the game he (presumably) most enjoys, i.e., max-level raids or PvP or whatever. The only possible objection you can have here is the concern that know-nothing 50s who jumped ahead will mess up your raids - but that kinda happens anyway without jumping, and in any case the problem disappears if you only allow the jump to happen on a server dedicated to it.

)

at no point did i say playing a game was work but if you need to put words in my mount to win your arguement w/e.

and the point of the game is entertainment, its not entaining to teach someone how to play cause they jumped to 50 and has no clue how to play that class. yea we all want ppl like that in our op or wz....

you say you dont want this but you sure are pushing for it.

this isnt WoW or GW you ppl need to stop trying to turn the game into clones of others, if you like the other games so much go back to them.

edit: when i said i was "done beating that dead horse" i ment explain to you why they would charge for those types of servers like WoW did and you said you "dont buy it" and went on to say that i wouldnt unsub if it happened, bet your *** i would, and if elder scrolls was out now and not scheduled to release in 2014 i would already be gone.

Edited by GooseGrims

2) There's not enough to do at 50 to justify the jump;

3) Everyone and his/her brother would jump to 50 if given the option.

I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but let me answer the above.

2) Maybe a fair point, but it's up to each player to decide for himself whether the max level grind is entertaining. If someone decides it's far more entertaining than the leveling game, then the absence of the option means he's just going to bail on the game altogether. You may be ok with that, but in Bioware's eyes that's one less customer.

3) Like I said before, I don't see it happening. The worst that would happen is people would be all over it for maybe a month - but, if there really is jack-all to do at 50, they'd quickly fall back on the leveling game. There's also the fact that many players would probably be very uncomfortable with a max level player they didn't grow themselves (I've done it in beta tests, and it's weird), and will opt to restart at level 1.

Again, I'm sure I missed something. Looking forward to hearing it...

I haven't read the past few pages so I don't know if this is what the guy is saying, I suspect however that most people who are against it are those who might bump into you at end game in flashpoints etc whilst you do sub optimal DPS and don't play your class correctly as you haven't learned the nuances whilst levelling your class story.

I haven't read the past few pages so I don't know if this is what the guy is saying, I suspect however that most people who are against it are those who might bump into you at end game in flashpoints etc whilst you do sub optimal DPS and don't play your class correctly as you haven't learned the nuances whilst levelling your class story.

bah I leveled all my characters myself, some more than once because of beta and am still like that... I just tab target, roll my face on the keyboard and hope for the best!!

usually finish in the top 3 in pvp too... lol

MMO's are not for you.

You should quit.

No we should quit.

cant believe i am reading this post at all. I'm just flabbergasted bioware and blizzard have made a mockery of MMO's by making this game and the other game these are the type of players it attracts.

at no point did i say playing a game was work but if you need to put words in my mount to win your arguement w/e.

At no point did I say that that's what you, specifically, said. I was summarizing the general arguments against the idea, since someone claimed I didn't "get it."

and the point of the game is entertainment, its not entaining to teach someone how to play cause they jumped to 50 and has no clue how to play that class. yea we all want ppl like that in our op or wz....

Hence why I said the best option would be to have a separate server for it. Maybe you missed it. Though now that I think about it, separate instances for insta-maxers would also work, and probably with significantly less programming and hardware overhead.

you say you dont want this but you sure are pushing for it.

Actually, I'm pushing against the automatic knee-jerk reaction to the idea. Few things get me going more than people dismissing an idea (good, bad, or meh) without even thinking about it. Besides, it's fun to watch people like you get all up in arms about stuff. :p

this isnt WoW or GW you ppl need to stop trying to turn the game into clones of others, if you like the other games so much go back to them.

I can't stand either game, but if you need to, you know, put words in my mouth to win the argument, knock yourself out. Frankly, I think this game is too similar to WoW already. BTW, last I checked, WoW didn't have an insta-max button...

edit: when i said i was "done beating that dead horse" i ment explain to you why they would charge for those types of servers like WoW did and you said you "dont buy it" and went on to say that i wouldnt unsub if it happened, bet your *** i would, and if elder scrolls was out now and not scheduled to release in 2014 i would already be gone.

Answers in red. Sorry to hear you're unsubbing anyway.

Please tell me why you would want to miss the entire leveling process? Is it too difficult, too long, not exciting? I personally wished my Sith Warrior and Imperial Agent stories and questing had gone on longer. I can't think of one reason why you would want to miss the entire leveling experience.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.