Temper temper!

xibxang

Guys seriously,

If you're the type who gets angry whe your team's losing the PvP WarZone then please just stop. The rage doesn't do you any favours. Sure, we'd all do much better if we had 18 hours per day free time to do nothing but learn how to PvP properly but that just isn't the way the world works.

A lot of people play games to relax and have some fun. They might not particularly care about gearing or even how their class plays at its optimum. They just log in to get away from the stress of life and work and they try to enjoy themselves.

Getting yourself wound up to the point where you start complaining wildly on chat makes you look like an idiot. An idiot who's a sore loser. Not only that, but when everyone else starts to mock you for it, your temper makes you take the bait every time. So now you're at idiot level 2. Congrats.

If you can't handle it then get out. It doesn't make you any less of a man if you accept that PvP isn't for you. It's just wee digital men chasing each other and playing at fighting anyway. It's really not that important after all, eh? Go and do something that puts you at less risk of having a brain haemorrhage . There's a million brilliant video game's out there.

If you are playing like trash and single handedly causing your team to lose then you should be told so.

It takes 20 minutes to research a proper talent spec and ability rotation for your class if you are unable to figure it out on your own. It should be common sense after your first Warzone when you are obliterated in every stat and have twice as many deaths as everyone else that you are doing something wrong.

When someone does this and still makes no effort to improve in any way then they are a bad player and are a waste of a warzone slot. We were all bad at a game at one point. Its up to you to get better.

Its a really dumb idea to expect any player to accept a bad player how they are. Improve or don't queue.

Edited by Parali
bad quote

I hate hate when people are just bad...Last night was doing an Ald and I went to snow side (level 15 operative) and everyone went mid. Now I capped snow and chilled there like a good boy and I noticed on the map that every single person went Mid excluding me, so we lost grass and then we lost Mid. At one point we captured grass and I noticed as soon as we capped it every single person left it undefended and went to Mid. We lost it not 5 seconds later to a stealthy.

I dunno people just don't pay attention or care sometimes. It pisses me off and I tell them in raid..are you *********** stupid?

Edited by thebigdmkilla

If you are playing like trash and single handedly causing your team to lose then you should be told so.

It takes 20 minutes to research a proper talent spec and ability rotation for your class if you are unable to figure it out on your own. It should be common sense after your first Warzone when you are obliterated in every stat and have twice as many deaths as everyone else that you are doing something wrong.

When someone does this and still makes no effort to improve in any way then they are a bad player and are a waste of a warzone slot. We were all bad at a game at one point. Its up to you to get better.

Its a really dumb idea to expect any player to accept a bad player how they are. Improve or don't queue.

Ya, you're completely missing his point. Read before you post.

He said raging in chat whenever a Warzone turns out bad only makes you look like a complete and utter fool, and he's quite right about that. Winning is fun, of course, but from time to time you'll lose. That's inevitable, it's part of the game. So, if you lose all self-control when you face the less fun aspect of PvP and start raging at people, whether that is justified or not, means PvP isn't exactly something for you. Sure, you can be mad, and you should, but there's still something like courtesy, which means you don't have to spew all your hatred to your entire group or individual player. Control your temper, because you'll only look like a immature, self-centered idiot that thinks 'I-am-the-best-and-I-pawn-everyone'.

Edited by Mormoz

I hate hate when people are just bad...Last night was doing an Ald and I went to snow side (level 15 operative) and everyone went mid. Now I capped snow and chilled there like a good boy and I noticed on the map that every single person went Mid excluding me, so we lost grass and then we lost Mid. At one point we captured grass and I noticed as soon as we capped it every single person left it undefended and went to Mid. We lost it not 5 seconds later to a stealthy.

I dunno people just don't pay attention or care sometimes. It pisses me off and I tell them in raid..are you *********** stupid?

I've seen four people guard one point that's under no threat a all, while everyone else on the team has a hard time trying to keep the other two areas under control. To me, this is also bad play. To my mind, theyre probably just showing up for the six daily WZ's to collect their comms.

Nothing I do or say is going to convince them to do otherwise and I'm definitely not going to resort to calling them all the names under the sun. There's nothing you really can do, so why get angry?

Edited by xibxang

If a game is a close loss with challenging clashes I prefer it to a roflstomping win.

If the game is lost because there are people who say things like "Its just a game, I didn't watch that turret because I was posting in the forums etc. chill down". Well.

It is a team game, a team is as strong as its weakest link. If you are that weakest link your performance directly influences the fun of 7 other people.

If you go on it as "Its just a game" play a single player game. But since you are playing a teamgame you are part of the team. Which means you will get criticzed if you perform poorly.

To sum it up again, if you join a WZ you decide to play WITH people against other people. The people who play WITH you depend on you. And if you always just say "Ah well I suck but its just a game, no need to improve my ways", ruining the fun factor of the other players who are one less.

Than you should consider the sandcastle your moraly high ground is build onto.

And you can say what you want we are humans. We do not like to lose competition. Even Gandhi probably didn't. It is not in our nature to have more or equal fun by losing than by winning.

The amount is variable but noone can say he doesn't prefer winning to losing. Beside masochists maybe.

Edited by Parali
bad quote, reply to bad quote

Ya, you're completely missing his point. Read before you post.

He said raging in chat whenever a Warzone turns out bad only makes you look like a complete and utter fool, and he's quite right about that. Winning is fun, of course, but from time to time you'll lose. That's inevitable, it's part of the game. So, if you lose all self-control when you face the less fun aspect of PvP and start raging at people, whether that is justified or not, means PvP isn't exactly something for you. Sure, you can be mad, and you should, but there's still something like courtesy, which means you don't have to spew all your hatred to your entire group or individual player. Control your temper, because you only look like a immature, self-centered idiot that thinks 'I-am-the-best-and-I-pawn-everyone'.

I don't know about you, but id much rather be a complete and utter fool than the sole reason we lost the warzone.

A rainbow world full of nice people sounds like a great idea in theory, but its really not what anyone wants. Without someone to tell you you suck then you would never try to improve in anything. Why improve if everyone ignores your mistakes or tells you "Great job!" for wiping your own ***.

I dont see a point of playing a competition game of (insert name of game/sport/etc) if you play to lose. Never have and never will understand it. But I think the problem will those who hurl abuse at players is not down to 'knowing to how pvp' but not using their brain when they do pvp.

- markers

They have a purpose but how many times do you see players NOT attacking the healer?

- Call Inc

The biggest way you can assist your team in losing is by not calling for help. Yes, its tough if you get stealthed but while you're in stun lock - CALL. Use your tricks to delay until help arrives.

- MOVE

Huttball - Little or no movement annoys me. How can you pass? Does your team think you can just charge through their team all stunning/firing/cc at you?

Overall its not rocket science and if people want to learn to play pvp, theres plenty of videos on youtube

Edited by Parali
reply to bad quote

I've seen four people guard one point that's under no threat a all, while everyone else on the team has a hard time trying to keep the other two areas under control. To me, this is also bad play. To my mind, theyre probably just showing up for the six daily WZ's to collect their comms.

Nothing I do it say is going to convince them to do otherwise and I'm definitely not going to resort to calling them all the names under the sun. There's nothing you really can do, so why get angry?

Not really angry, just frustrated that people don't care..everything you do in life, be it spray painting buildings or taking out the trash there is a reason and you should care about it even if it is for fun.

I don't know about you, but id much rather be a complete and utter fool than the sole reason we lost the warzone.

A rainbow world full of nice people sounds like a great idea in theory, but its really not what anyone wants. Without someone to tell you you suck then you would never try to improve in anything. Why improve if everyone ignores your mistakes or tells you "Great job!" for wiping your own ***.

The chance that one player completely wrecks your team is quite small. Often it's just the entire composition, the lack of communication or when the other team is just plain better. I haven't seen a single time, when one player completely wrecked the otherwise godmade team.

Also, swearing and raging at someone you think is bad isn't exactly going to make him improve. I don't know what age you came from, but today encouragement and good advice are often the things that help improve someone.

The thread is about controlling your temper. It's not about the potential bad player in your team. It's about you. In essence, you're exactly doing here what you probaly also do in Warzones: shoving it on someone else.

Edited by Mormoz

You are quite eloquent good sir! Your wit reminds me somewhat of Alan Shore from Boston Legal (played by James Spader). In fact, every time I've read one of your posts, I hear his voice...made my day :)

While I understand that PvPers prefer to win, and casuals prefer to "unwind" from the stresses of the daily RL grind, this issue will forever be a battle between Natives vs Tourists. People who love PvP (natives) will naturally want to win...some at all costs. The casual players (tourists) who visit the realm of PvP to enjoy themselves do not see it the same way...it is not about winning, but rather the enjoyment of the experience.

There are those who successfully straddle the two worlds...they are competitive PvPers who like to win but don't create a hostile environment for those who are just there for the fun of it. While I don't like to see AFKers or Soloers (those who run off to have 1 v 1's and don't bother with being a team player), I don't condem those who are at least trying and dying. If that is fun for them, so be it...they pay to play the game too.

Dare I say this thread is about respect. You can tell a player they need to improve without being rude, crude, or committing social suicide. There is a lot to be said for the art of communication and it has indeed become a lost art. Tact, diplomacy, and even common sense seems to have taken its leave from the vast MMO community and while it is refreshing to see those who still subscribe to being articulate, it does not seem to be what it once was. Being respectful and diplomatic takes effort and restraint...energy that most now refuse to employ.

Carry on with your crusade my good man...perhaps it won't fall on deaf ears :)

Edited by Parali
bad quote

I dont see a point of playing a competition game of (insert name of game/sport/etc) if you play to lose. Never have and never will understand it. But I think the problem will those who hurl abuse at players is not down to 'knowing to how pvp' but not using their brain when they do pvp.

I've actually had the good fortune to spend time on your team a good few times over the past days. I've seen you consistently come in the top five - if not the top three - on each WZ score board and frankly, you're a treat to watch. Sure, you're prone to a little whining but it's in no way out of order, especially compared to a lot of the idiots out there.

And this further qualifies my original post in a way. DarthMaulUK is a good player, and he can get quite vocal at times. As an assassin myself, I've followed him around and I've learned a fair bit already, in as much as what you can learn in the lightning-quick environment of a PvP match. Darth sometimes comes out with the unhelpful, "***" comments but by-and-large, he's a good one to watch if he's on your team.

As a matter of fact, Darth might have been in one of the games I was when another player was cussing and swearing at the rest of us for being, and I quote, "Total F*****g S**t F*****s". He happened to be typing this as he himself lay dead. So now you have an unpleasant player in a pot-and-kettle situation.

And for what it's worth. I don't pay my £9 a month to make anyone else's team better. I hold absolutely no obligations in that respect. My money goes strictly towards my entertainment, part of which goes into PvP warzones and trying (sometimes with better results than before) to become a better player. Most importantly, I don't pay my sub to endure an angry child's temper tantrums.

If I do well for the team and myself, then I'm glad. Sure, it's not as much fun when we lose but that's part of life, but I'm certainly not going to feel bad for the team. Nor would I expect them to feel bad either.

Edited by Parali
bad quote

Sure, we'd all do much better if we had 18 hours per day free time to do nothing but learn how to PvP properly but that just isn't the way the world works.

You don't have to pvp alot to learn how to pvp, I'm busy in life and sometimes haven't logged on in what like a week or 2 and I come back still pwning so its no excuse.

Edited by Parali
reply to bad quote

@OP, not sure why people are assuming you're bad. You are clearly just lobbying for civility.

Example: I was guarding a node with a healer who was using consumption to medal farm. A stealther goes for him when he's at like 25% and another guy pops out as well. We barely held the node, and afterwards I said in chat "Please no more using consumption for medals!" He replied "Roger that." If someone makes a mistake, you should be allowed to point it out, but politely.

On the other hand, sometimes I get so frustrated pugging when match after match literally only 2 people on my team break 100k damage, and I'm one of them, and I'm frigging tank spec! It would be one thing if this happened every so often, or sometimes I got good teams and sometimes bad teams, or half the players were good and half bad and the other team had the same issue, but I seem to go on these long streaks or terribad teams and it sucks the life out of you!

Guys seriously,

If you're the type who gets angry whe your team's losing the PvP WarZone then please just stop. The rage doesn't do you any favours. Sure, we'd all do much better if we had 18 hours per day free time to do nothing but learn how to PvP properly but that just isn't the way the world works.

A lot of people play games to relax and have some fun. They might not particularly care about gearing or even how their class plays at its optimum. They just log in to get away from the stress of life and work and they try to enjoy themselves.

Getting yourself wound up to the point where you start complaining wildly on chat makes you look like an idiot. An idiot who's a sore loser. Not only that, but when everyone else starts to mock you for it, your temper makes you take the bait every time. So now you're at idiot level 2. Congrats.

If you can't handle it then get out. It doesn't make you any less of a man if you accept that PvP isn't for you. It's just wee digital men chasing each other and playing at fighting anyway. It's really not that important after all, eh? Go and do something that puts you at less risk of having a brain haemorrhage . There's a million brilliant video game's out there.

As soon as they whine on chat, they get put on ignore. Like a lot of people in this thread.

Were talking random public pugs here. And it goes like this, players who them complain and whine like kids about how bad others are is trully the biggest morons in that warzone.Why ? because theey ***** and complain in a pug when they clearly them self dont have the skills to play on a good pre made team or even a hald good pre made team playing just for the fun of it.This kids who scream in public wz pugs in chat just put them on the ignore list were they belong.

After a year they are on most players ignore list and cant get a good guild or friends, let along anyone to talk to them.

You don't have to pvp alot to learn how to pvp, I'm busy in life and sometimes haven't logged on in what like a week or 2 and I come back still pwning so its no excuse.

So I have to start excusing myself now?

Were talking random public pugs here. And it goes like this, players who them complain and whine like kids about how bad others are is trully the biggest morons in that warzone.Why ? because theey ***** and complain in a pug when they clearly them self dont have the skills to play on a good pre made team or even a hald good pre made team playing just for the fun of it.This kids who scream in public wz pugs in chat just put them on the ignore list were they belong.

After a year they are on most players ignore list and cant get a good guild or friends, let along anyone to talk to them.

Tell me your joking, you don't even know what that player is capable of when that player is just playing with random pugs. And if he's complaining that actually usually means he takes pvp seriously so you gotta be kidding he plays for the fun of it? really? Are you trolling me?

So I have to start excusing myself now?

I'm saying it doesn't make sense anymore, all the good pvpers don't have to play 24/7 just to be good at pvp, no excuse u shouldnt have to do that.

Edited by Jonoku

I'll admit, I lose my temper in WZ... but it takes prolonged acts of extreme stupidity to provoke my **** storm. One novarre coast I was tagged south node in the middle of about 12 people fighting and was never interrupted once. I point out what I did and how important it is to watch for ninja-cappers even in the middle of a big fight. Doesn't matter if you kill everyone if you loose the node in the process. We eventually clean up sith there and I go to reinforce west (the guy defending it got bored and wandered off to attack east, leaving it open). After a minute south is captured. I open my map and see SIX GODDAMN PEOPLE STILL ALIVE IN SOUTH. Even after pointing out how I ninjaed a node in the middle of a battle NOT ONE OF THE SIX GODDAMN PEOPLE could have just used one GCD to smack a capper. So then I go and try to reclaim middle. The Imps were watching this time (THEY learned at least) and I never got more than a few seconds worth of capping in. However west was immediately lost. The one guy I left up there was like "I need help" literally 3 seconds before it was completely taken >.> I just lost it. That was far too much idiocy in one game.

I honestly don't mind losing if it was a good game. We fought hard... they fought harder/pulled off a nice gambit at the end. Like in a 2-3 huttball where the other team scores in the last minute then grabs the ball for a time-out victory. When my team looses do to gross incompetence..... well that's just a whole 'nother story.

Tell me your joking, you don't even know what that player is capable of when that player is just playing with random pugs. And if he's complaining that actually usually means he takes pvp seriously so you gotta be kidding he plays for the fun of it? really? Are you trolling me?

If completely missing the point was a viable PvP skill, you'd be wiping the floor with the best of them, dude.

I've actually had the good fortune to spend time on your team a good few times over the past days. I've seen you consistently come in the top five - if not the top three - on each WZ score board and frankly, you're a treat to watch. Sure, you're prone to a little whining but it's in no way out of order, especially compared to a lot of the idiots out there.

And this further qualifies my original post in a way. DarthMaulUK is a good player, and he can get quite vocal at times. As an assassin myself, I've followed him around and I've learned a fair bit already, in as much as what you can learn in the lightning-quick environment of a PvP match. Darth sometimes comes out with the unhelpful, "***" comments but by-and-large, he's a good one to watch if he's on your team.

As a matter of fact, Darth might have been in one of the games I was when another player was cussing and swearing at the rest of us for being, and I quote, "Total F*****g S**t F*****s". He happened to be typing this as he himself lay dead. So now you have an unpleasant player in a pot-and-kettle situation.

And for what it's worth. I don't pay my £9 a month to make anyone else's team better. I hold absolutely no obligations in that respect. My money goes strictly towards my entertainment, part of which goes into PvP warzones and trying (sometimes with better results than before) to become a better player. Most importantly, I don't pay my sub to endure an angry child's temper tantrums.

If I do well for the team and myself, then I'm glad. Sure, it's not as much fun when we lose but that's part of life, but I'm certainly not going to feel bad for the team. Nor would I expect them to feel bad either.

Careful I might blush.

However, I am one of the very few probably who CAN admit to being a very bad loser. I am. But thats just my nature. Now, if my team lose and we really battled hard - I can just about sit back and say the better team won. But, when you lose to something stupid - no one calling, no one looking at the turret being capped BEHIND them, etc etc - that really gets my goat and imo - those people deserve the abuse.

Why? There is NO excuse - none, nada. Bear in mind, I am talking about lvl 50 pvp so by this stage, everyone should have an idea of how to play, the maps, what is involved, how to defend. I work damn hard in pvp to secure a win and if I see something stupid - I just leave the war zone as its not worth my time investment.

Maybe before entering a warzone theres needs to be one question

'Do you play to win or for fun?'

A- Win

B- Fun - whisked away to a cotton wool Sims esq war zone where you can sit down and swap recipes of Jawa Juice