If there was a third faction.. what would you want it to be?

Anysao

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The United Allied Powers of Screw the Civilized Galaxy", a third faction consisting entirely of Esh-kha, Gormak, Nekghouls and Flesh Raiders!

YAY!

You forgot the sand people.

I know it was a joke, but playing the UAPSCG could be fun!

"The United Allied Powers of Screw the Civilized Galaxy", a third faction consisting entirely of Esh-kha, Gormak, Nekghouls and Flesh Raiders!

YAY!

Well, I don't think they have any Gormak, Esh-Ka, Nekghouls, or Flesh Raiders, but the Star Cabal fits your initial description perfectly. They want to destroy both Empire and Republic. lol

3rd faction trade federation

not sure if anyone would join the hutt cartell. They got a pretty bad rep for beeing selfish and greedy.

most likely the trade federation leadership would try to keep a ballance between the imp and rep forces and trade with both (neutral faction)

Hutts.

They should be instituted as a neutral faction that existing players from both factions would be allowed to join based on alignment and/or story choices. Have gambling pits where the wagers can be set on pvp and all other sorts of interesting player driven content.

The rule of thumb BW should adhere too is to stay stylistically as close to episodes 4, 5 and 6. Avoid the any references and races to the prequels like the plague. if they want more players they should capitalise on on the things that made SW great in the first place.

the problems with the huts imo is they would not be neutral. they are hutt´s. It´s a 3rd faction not a neutral faction.

that could be seen as a plus but i´d rather have a neutral faction like the trade federation

the hutt´s are pro hutt = a 3rd faction. the trade federation is pro trade = neutral since all factions trade.

the trade federation fits better on most planets exept on nar shadaa imo

Independent.

No ties to the carebear Jedi, the overly dramatic Sith, or the Hutts. Those people who walk the neutral path and do whatever they can, wherever they can.

That would be perfect for me.

I think Trade federation that can swing both ways to gain most out of the situation would be an interesting one.

Also, the idea of outcast force users is a bit redundant. There are several groups of force users that have not been involve in galactic conflicts but have been active long before the cold war as well. Groups like Aing-Tii, Mind Walkers,

and Zeison Sha (Discblade, heh) may somehow be incorporated into the third faction. It would also allow the devs to come up with stories that have not been solidly tied down by canonic portrayal like the Jedi and the Sith and offer different perspectives for the players,as well.

Edited by Kidzth

spoilers may be below from player comments and suggestions.

A strange question to the community. We all want a third faction for some reason or another. Maybe you want to be neutral. maybe you want a 3-way warzone. maybe you to worship a fat hutt. Maybe you just want it to be like some game called "rift" (oh please no).

But it can't be that easy. What about end-game Flashpoints and operations? Why would the neutral care about Darth Malgus? Why would the hutt cartel assemble a team to kill Karagga? Where would force-users come in?

I plan on putting in a thread in the suggestion box for a third faction, and while the odds are a billion to one, maybe if we have everything, it may come in the game. If you want to make an idea, please use following template (or so):

Name:

Story:

Classes:

Class explanations and stories:

Etc.:

Simple enough. Here is my idea:

Name: The Hutt Cartel (a splinter cell).

Story: With the galaxy (on the brink of) war, the Hutt cartel is targeted to be an ally, or an enemy. Some powerful Hutts are fed up with the weakness of their brethren; hiding, and signing treaties. Only self-defense can end the threat to the Hutt legacy.

Classes: Arms dealer (cunning), Mercenary (Aim) (needs new name due to AC), Jedi Exile (strength), Sith outcast (willpower).

Class explanations and stories: The arms dealer is like a smuggler, only more greedy, ruthless, and does more smuggling then revenge. The Mercenary is a defector from the Imperial army (due to different interests for soldiers), and has decided to work for the Hutts, hoping to earn some credits. The Jedi Exile is a failed Jedi Padawan, and chose greed over selflessness, and took his limited use of the force to the streets. The Sith Outcast is a Sith who was sent to be executed after a failed attempt to kill his master. He escaped, and found himself serving the Cartel.

Etc.: The force using classes are the strangest, but can easily be imagined, and put into story. I put one an Ex-sith, one an Ex-jedi because i could not make it believable by making both from one order. For the record, armor design-wise, the Mercenary uses blaster rifles and (with AC) assualt cannons, and bounty hunter armor, the arms dealer uses smuggler clothings and pistols, and the Force exiles remains undecided.

The creation of abilities are the easy part. with the abilities on the empire and republic already, Bioware needs to just come up with new names for them to work as a mirror.

I think i had a good start on all this. Of course, this is just in a nutshell. the rest would take 3 posts alone. What do you say my, fellow SWTOR-ys!

I would believe there is tons of ppl in galaxy whats gives rats *** about some war so in that lines, ppl not belong ether one and just go on about their business would be just fine

I think Trade federation that can swing both ways to gain most out of the situation would be an interesting one.

Also, the idea of outcast force users is a bit redundant. There are several groups of force users that have not been involve in galactic conflicts but have been active long before the cold war as well. Groups like Aing-Tii, Mind Walkers,

and Zeison Sha (Discblade, heh) may somehow be incorporated into the third faction. It would also allow the devs to come up with stories that have not been solidly tied down by canonic portrayal like the Jedi and the Sith and offer different perspectives for the players,as well.

Well, you just said here that they where only active in galactic conflicts long before the cold war... And stop suggesting trade federation! There is no story behind it!

And voss would be interesting to play, Albeit a boring class. so i've heard, the mystics where actually a planned class, but later replaced by Imperial Agent.

their are only six possible third factions

Hutts

Mandolarians

Echani

Droids

Revenites

Spilt in the empire

So lets reveiw them

Hutts simple answer no, they never in history of the hutt empire do they march to war. Why no profit in it, for them.

but they have most likly to able to

Mandolarians yes, they could make strong 3rd faction could not have force sentives in their ranks. They are however very war like, and could mount a fleet. Only problem is, they are allied to empire.

Echani okay capble pilsopher and thinkers, as well combants. So they are well rounded, this good start but they are part of the republic.

Droids appart from directive 7, as in theory this could be rebuilt. They are unfortuantly to narrow, to be playable faction

Revenites yes possible, but they are part of the empire so it would lead to option below

Split in the empire, in my opion this is the best way for a third faction too happen. Reason are they could included, other races as well new classes. Also in lore this does happen between the death dark council and it rebirth under the dark brotherhood. To which point Darth bane kills it and rule two starts

so you could get all four classess in already and also invent more

Hutts simple answer no, they never in history of the hutt empire do they march to war. Why no profit in it, for them.

but they have most likly to able to

Who said that they have to go to war? And aren’t Makeb(?) story line is supposedly about Hutt Cartel taking over that planet?

I remember one of the NPC's in game saying that Hutts are interested in keeping the war between Republic and Empire going because if one side win they most likely will turn against Hutts next.

Planets stories for Hutt’s supporters could be about helping and hurting both sides so none of them would gain significant advantage, defending Hutt Cartel interests against outside threats (Exchange, this two organizations were at war at some point if I'm not mistaken) or inside enemy (traitorous Hutts like The Three Family).

You know working behind the scenes using hired guns so nothing could be traced to them.

This would of course require to create at least 2 new planets (Taris and Balmorra equivalents) and expanding on Hutta as a starting planet for Cartel’s classes or creating a new one (or 2).

Bioware would need to add new locations to already existing planets and that would be a hard part since they are already split in two (e.g. on Tatooine: south-Empire, north-Republic).

Flashpoints examples.

Hammer Station: Hegemony is trying to attack a planet that Hutts control or have lots of investments on?

Athiss: Some hutt crime lord want sith relicts for his collection or to sell?

Mandalorian Riders: Clan attacked Hutt’s shipment or something like in HS?

False Emperor: Inside war in Empire will weaken it or make it stronger (since Malgus had some very good ideas)?

Karagga: Power play in Hutts Cartel? Most of Hutts leaders are tired of Karagga and his temperament or are simply jealous?

Planets examples.

Tatooine: Fighting with Exchange?

Nar Shaddaa: Spying, helping, hurting the Republic and the Empire?

Hoth: Trying to takeover The White Maw?

Voss: Something about Gormak tech maybe?

Corellia: Profits from new war and preparations for Makeb takeover?

Classes.

Not sure here, but I don’t think it would be too hard to create mirrors to already existing classes. Writing stories for that classes would be a challenge.

well if you where to do hutts as a faction then you would have bring in exchange as a faction as well

as then they would have oppsit number to fight

say hutts a losely empire biased

and the exchange republic biased

even though not directly aligned they are the one`s i always precevied their base allignment to be

reason are

G0T0 is an exchange leader and he also consider himself a patroit

hutts or more than one story line seem to favour the empire but obviously not every time

i.e. the three families and the odd hutt here and their

so to make hutts work i would have to say bring in the exchange as well

then start from their

what about one of the biggest professional crime syndicates in all of galactic history! The black suns were as 3rd party and neutral as you could get. And lucky us the story for It would be awesome seeing as the suns were created in 3,653 BBY aka the year of the sacking of Coruscant. I would love to see how they came to be.

"It is a vast criminal syndicate…its influence felt on every planet from the Core Worlds to the Outer Rim. Black Sun has existed for hundreds of years, and embedded itself in the very fiber of the galaxy. The resources at its disposal are almost limitless. The soldiers under its command number in the tens of thousands. The ignorant even call it the most powerful force in the known universe."

―Darth Sidious, and Darth Maul

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/5/54/Blacksun.svg

Name: Black Sun

Story: After the Sacking of Coruscant in 3,653 BBY, Galactic City soon fell into chaos and rioting, overwhelming the already stretched thin Coruscant Security Force police officers. Taking advantage of the situation, several prominent gangsters joined together and began seizing control of neighborhoods in the lower levels. With this, in reference to the gangsters, denizens of the lower levels coined the phrase "better a black sun than none" and the Black Sun crime syndicate was born. Black Sun quickly carved out a territory for itself and developed spice and weapons trafficking operations. In the following years of the Cold War, Black Sun's influence stretched beyond Coruscant and the gang became a galactic criminal syndicate. The Galactic Senate soon came to realize the full situation and CSF forces such as the Special Tactical Unit began actively fighting back to regain the sectors under Black Sun's control. It was during this time that the Republic Strategic Information Service began joint operations with the CSF and Republic Military to counter Black Sun.

Classes: someone else can think up classes im not creative

Base: Its headquarters was on Coruscant, but its "fleet" was known to operate from an asteroid base. That would be cool compared to the republic and empire fleet

Well criminal classes could be as follow

Smuggler advanced classes could be slaver and gun runner

Ganger advanced could be Bodyguard and Enforcer

Lookout advanced could be assassin and Solo

Slicer advanced hacker and mastermind

any advances on these

been thinking about it

Slaver would have sills simliar to an op lots stuns and heals cunning/ stealth

Gun runner could be simlair to dps version of smuggler not palyed that char some else could add to this cunning

Bodyguard obvious tank similar to guardian/juggernaute but relise on tech instead strengnth

Enforcer dps onlines of muarder/sentinal strenghth

Assassin cross between sniper and trooper aim

Solo heavy weapon trooper aim

Slicer slimliar to sorcerer use computer to hack in to thing to give you a bolt and other tech gadgets to do same willpower

Mastermind simliar to sith assassin use close range weapons and stealth to get people to do as s/he says willpower

okay if anyone add or give better ideas please do

Edited by legolegion

I am still a loyalist to the hutt cartel.. but the black sun.. that could be an interesting rival. The FPs and Ops reasons make sense, and most flashpoints are just about "our ship came under attack by..."

the planet story makes sense. class story will be hard to write...

I'm glad you guys are coming up with good ideas!

oh, and lets not forget companions..

Would like to see a third faction was actually talking with my wife about that last night. Not that i want now or anything but a Separtist, Nuetral, Hutt faction of some sort to include the underbelly side of the Star Wars story would be nice.