Emperor and Palpatine

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Revan book when the Emperor spoke Scourge was in much pain and he could barley stand to be in his presense. Also in his childhood he could use the force to kill his parents and enslaved his village and took over Nathema. This shows that he was vastly powerful in the force to a point that it affected someone deeply just to stand next to him. I think that this proves the emperor is much more powerful if the force overwhelm someone and even without the ritual on nathema he would have been very powerful.

The Emperor absorbed thousands of force sensitives and darkside users on Nathema and everything that was touched by the force and more. That is a planets worth of force sensitivity inside him while palpatine was just an average Sith that was very powerful. But, not a planet of force powerful.

All very powerful feats and such but as I said, doesn't hold a candle to what Palaptine did. Read Rayla's post in here or look up Palpatine's page on Wookieepedia or simply go with the fact that G-Canon states Palpatine is the most powerful.

I like Vitiate more than Sidious(my brain could never get over the fact that such immense power and knowledge of the Dark Side is crammed into the body of a disfigured,short,old man instead of some 30-40 something BAMF) and would like to see him creep towards Sidious' power but he isn't even close, despite what you posted.

I'm going to point out a few things and correct people on their misconceptions and their narrowed viewpoint about these characters.

And Palpatine took 80 years to takeover the Republic and convince the entire senate to hate the Jedi and get rid of them. With no Empire.

While it took 1400 for Vitiate to create the empire and take down the Jedi and Republic. Which he still hasn't managed to accomplish.

1. No. It did not take Sid 80 yrs to do this. It took the Banite Order a Thousand Years of planning, manipulation and resource gathering for Sid to have the chance to assume control of the Republic and destroy the Jedi Order (to which he Failed, as Jedi survived the Purge).

2. Vitiate spent 1400yrs building an Empire, From SCRATCH. He had nothing to start with save the ships they arrived in and the survivors of the old Sith Empire after Ludo Kressh was killed, Naga Sadow was driven into exile and hiding, after Marka Ragnos had died which began the collapse of the Golden Age of the Sith, and after the Republic and Jedi nearly drove the Sith Race to extinction after the Great Hyperspace War.

He used a ritual in which he needed the power of two hundred other Sith lords to complete it.

Darth Sidious could also absorb the life of the entire planet of Byss and with no rituals, he did it with his own power and this planet was far larger and far far more populated the Nathema was as well, 18 billion inhabitants were on Byss and all that whilst resting in his retreat.

1. Misconception and wrong number. It was 100 Sith Lords and, he did not Need them for the ritual so much as Trick them and use them to make himself more powerful. And the Ritual didn't just give him power, it made him virtually Immortal. Something Sidious cannot boast to. Also, it turned Nathema into a Void if the Force. A place that made people like Revan and Meetra feel sick just being near it.

2. Another misconception. Sid did use a ritual and it was of a Minor level compared to what Vitiate performed. It is basically a revised form of the Force Plague as seen in the Consular Storyline that was used by Lord Vivicar to infect Jedi and drain them of the Force to make himself stronger. Sidious used this on the people living on Byss, not the planet itself, and the only thing it did was make Sid more powerful. This he only did as Reborn Palpatine in a Younger Clone Body.

This also becomes pointless as Byss ends up being destroyed when the Galaxy Gun is taken out as well, which means Sid loses this power buff.

Then we have the fact he could perform Force Storms that destroyed entire fleets of ships and even better he could transfer his powerful essence.

And Vitiate created a Permanent Force Storm on Dromund Kaas, which is then used via the Lightning Spires to collect energy and power Kaas City.

Darth Sidious could tear holes in the space/time continuum.

Not in the way you're implying. He could create a force storm capable of making a wormhole in which he could travel through or transport others through to a desired location (Revan may have used this at the end of the Foundry, however that is unclear). As I recall, this also taxing on a massive level and it nearly killed Sidious when he used it due to the sheer amount of power required.

Darth Sidious was so powerful in the Dark Side he was an actual Dark Side Nexus of energy, his voice had a hypnotic lull to it, he had blinded the entire Jedi Order so they could not foresee the future he was putting into place, he had caused an imbalance in the Force simply by existing.

Further misconceptions. Sidious had to die Several Times to acquire the power to which you allude to, and Vitiate himself spoke in a a manner that was beyond mortals. Also to point that the Jedi didn't know about Bane or Zannah either. Or Cognus, or Millenial and his order, or many other things. This has more to do with the Jedi's own ignorance and stupidity than any sort of 'powerflexing' by Sidious. Case in point; Vitiate did the same damn thing, keeping the fledgeling Sith Empire from being noticed at all.

He had the strongest Battle Meditation we have ever seen, a Battle Meditation which enhanced his entire Galactic Empire.

That's simply untrue.

1. Stormtroopers still couldn't hit the broad side of a space barn

2.The Rebel Alliance wasn't disorganized in their tactics while engaging the Imperial Fleet.

He also mindwiped the entire planet of Coruscant, when he hid the Eclipse II Super Star Destroyer underneath the Imperial Palace.

Misconception. He did not wipe their memory of the event, he tricked them into simply not seeing it. This is actually another case of SW writing teams stealing ideas. This was actually seen in the movie "The Shadow" where a skyscraper was masked from the public eye, making them incapable of perceiving it, right in the middle of NYC.

Sidious knew every single force ability and technique and could create new ones on a whim.[./quote]

This is an outright lie. He knew what Plaguis had taught him as well as what he learned via research. But never learned how to manipulate MC's or create life on his own. Also, the abilities Sid uses are Learned and have been essentially established in Lore thanks to KotoR and SWTOR.

And we know without a shadow of a doubt he was the most powerful and successful Dark Lord of the Sith ever.

You mean aside from Marka Ragnos who ruled for a century without incident, whom Vitiate couldn't challenge, whom No One in an empire filled with Sith Lords would dare oppose out of outright fear of him, and wouldn't even make a move even when Ragnos was on his death bed. And this included the likes of Naga Sadow, whom we have witnessed pull solar flares from nearby stars to destroy Republic ships and who triggered an Unstable Red Giant into going nova and destroying an entire solar system, who also used Battle Meditation to create illusions on a galactic scale across multiple worlds during his invasion of the Republic. Ludo Kressh was stated to be about on par with Naga Sadow.

not revan fanboy or anything i am sure it had nothing do with scourge killing the exile or anything.

Come on, you can't possibly think Revan could have beaten Vitiate. Even if all three of them took Vitiate on at once he still would have wiped the floor with them.

it's funny when people say this... Stormtroopers had awesome aim.... they hit everything they aimed at.. EXCEPT MAIN CHARACTERS... they mowed down rebel troopers no sweat ... it just seems like they had bad aim because most of the time they were shooting at main characters which, due to plot reasons, they HAD to miss... it's the same with any movie... Hero is fighting the best assassins in the world yet he never gets hit...

just like TIE fighter pilots... knocking down X and Y wings left and right (R.I.P. Prokins) but damn if they could hit Luke... even Vader couldn't land a solid hit... is it because they were all horrible gunners and pilots? no it's because the plot said that character was a hero and can't die in the scene

also this whole argument is pointless canon wise... you can have your own opinion but George Lucas has said more than once that Palpatine was the most powerful sith lord in the galaxy and what he says is G-canon and overrides everything else... for better or worse and no matter how much sense it makes

Edited by Liquidacid

Come on, you can't possibly think Revan could have beaten Vitiate. Even if all three of them took Vitiate on at once he still would have wiped the floor with them.

they can because Vitiate have no skill in lightsaber combat or even has his own lightsaber they need just get close enough and stab him.

also some scourge visions stated they won some and lost some.

it's funny when people say this... Stormtroopers had awesome aim.... they hit everything they aimed at.. EXCEPT MAIN CHARACTERS... they mowed down rebel troopers no sweat ... it just seems like they had bad aim because most of the time they were shooting at main characters which, due to plot reasons, they HAD to miss... it's the same with any movie... Hero is fighting the best assassins in the world yet he never gets hit...

PIS can be part of it, however they had no better training than any other trooper or military figure in the SWU. It's all pretty much the same and we've seen people Actually being better in KotoR when Bastila used her BM to disorganize Malak's fleet at the Star Forge. The problem is there was no real competition against The Clones and ST's during this time, and we all know how horrible Battle Droids were during this too.

also this whole argument is pointless canon wise... you can have your own opinion but George Lucas has said more than once that Palpatine was the most powerful sith lord in the galaxy and what he says is G-canon and overrides everything else... for better or worse and no matter how much sense it makes

The real problem is, it's hyperbole. Usually when such a thing is said about a character from the creator, we have to take it as "Word of God." Problem is, he's not the sole writer. He may be the loudest voice in a group, but he's still part of the group, and the SW Lore is ever evolving and changing. Another problem is people taking things out of context, or believing GL meant it when he said it as a joke or just offhandedly. It look at things a bit more objectively than most and don't hinge an argument based solely on his word. I've seen enough such arguments from people in debates about anime/manga chars to know how absurd they are.

I know how people like to go on about how invincible powerful force users seem to be. But let's be honest; they're all squishy. You get one guy who can't be sensed via the force, and he could kill all of them with a 9mm bullet to the head.

I know how people like to go on about how invincible powerful force users seem to be. But let's be honest; they're all squishy. You get one guy who can't be sensed via the force, and he could kill all of them with a 9mm bullet to the head.

No, we can't imply that the Vong exist.

Edited by Madned

The real problem is, it's hyperbole. Usually when such a thing is said about a character from the creator, we have to take it as "Word of God." Problem is, he's not the sole writer. He may be the loudest voice in a group, but he's still part of the group, and the SW Lore is ever evolving and changing. Another problem is people taking things out of context, or believing GL meant it when he said it as a joke or just offhandedly. It look at things a bit more objectively than most and don't hinge an argument based solely on his word. I've seen enough such arguments from people in debates about anime/manga chars to know how absurd they are.

I'm with you on most of that but the problem we have here is how SW canon is done... right now not only did Lucas say it but it is repeated first in Dark Empire then again many times in the EU and never contradicted... according to the canon rules done by LL, which all writers and creators of SW works follow, it is still canon right now... so there is really no factual argument against it... Also since Lucas technically controls the entire IP and the canon system puts his works as the overriding top canon his word actually is "the word of god" tho generally it really only counts if it is present in a work he produces (movie, cartoon, ext)... and I agree some people take his off hand bantering and whatnot in interviews as lore when they shouldn't... but here we have Lucas saying he is the most powerful and that being backed up by multiple sources of valid EU C-canon which has never been contradicted

true I never got the whole "clone troopers could kill 10,000 jedi and their danger sense didn't work because the clones were programmed to do it so felt no malice or ill will while doing it" ... I was an 0311-0317 for 8 years and the first thing any competent soldier learns is how to divorce themselves from the kill and stop thinking of enemies as people... I felt no ill will or malice when I took a shot... you don't think you act 100 percent on muscle memory and training... I experienced the same amount of emotion as I do when I shoot at an NPC in a game... none... so if that's all it takes to get the drop on a Jedi and kill them they would be dropping like flies to any experienced gunmen

Edited by Liquidacid

I'm going to point out a few things and correct people on their misconceptions and their narrowed viewpoint about these characters.

Thbis coming from YOU? The one who thinks that revan can solo the entire jedi council singlehandedly?

1. No. It did not take Sid 80 yrs to do this.

According to Canon which > you, he did.

It took the Banite Order a Thousand Years of planning, manipulation and resource gathering for Sid to have the chance to assume control of the Republic and destroy the Jedi Order (to which he Failed, as Jedi survived the Purge).

No, a quote from the dark side source book specifically stated that the order was in hiding until one is powerful enough to take over the galaxy.

Even if what you say is anywhere near 100% correct, thats still accomplished way better than what Vitiate could ever hope to dream of. Palpatine actually controlled the entire galaxy while your precious Vitiate only controls

a portion of the galaxy despite an extra 400 year effort to rebuild his empire.

2. Vitiate spent 1400yrs building an Empire, From SCRATCH. He had nothing to start with save the ships they arrived in and the survivors of the old Sith Empire after Ludo Kressh was killed, Naga Sadow was driven into exile and hiding, after Marka Ragnos had died which began the collapse of the Golden Age of the Sith, and after the Republic and Jedi nearly drove the Sith Race to extinction after the Great Hyperspace War.

And Palpatine manipulated an entire galaxy singlehandedly.... Whats your point?

2. Another misconception. Sid did use a ritual and it was of a Minor level compared to what Vitiate performed.

You're lying obviously, it was never stated nor shown Sidious performing a ritual to drain ones life energy. Obvious downplayment by a deluded fanboy.

It is basically a revised form of the Force Plague as seen in the Consular Storyline that was used by Lord Vivicar to infect Jedi and drain them of the Force to make himself stronger.

You have to actually prove what Sidious used is so called "Force Plague".

Sidious used this on the people living on Byss, not the planet itself, and the only thing it did was make Sid more powerful.

According to darkside sourcebook. Palpatines mere precense drained the planet itself turning a "once lush fertile world into one of the most powerful dark side nexus".

This he only did as Reborn Palpatine in a Younger Clone Body.

Again you're lying, palpatine spent the next ten years after ROTJ on byss and that was his clone body which already had began decaying and aging. You're trying to imply Palpatine can only perfrom such feats on a young body.

This also becomes pointless as Byss ends up being destroyed when the Galaxy Gun is taken out as well, which means Sid loses this power buff.

Find a quote which proves this other than pulling this outta your rear end.

And Vitiate created a Permanent Force Storm on Dromund Kaas, which is then used via the Lightning Spires to collect energy and power Kaas City.

Different force storm mate. A nameless nightsister could do the same thing on dathomirs atmosphere and she was easily slaughtered by a sith apprentice(maul) Palpatines force storm actually rips a wormhole in space that has been stated to "tear off a planets surface"(Dark empire sourcebook) as well as wipe out entire star fleets.

Not in the way you're implying. He could create a force storm capable of making a wormhole in which he could travel through or transport others through to a desired location

No, its been stated to actually rip a hole in space by the dark empire sourcebook.

(Revan may have used this at the end of the Foundry, however that is unclear).

Another attempt to lie. How is it even implied that he used a force storm? Have YOU even read dark empire? Your sheer blatant lies and misinformation says otherwise, you just dislike Sidious because hes a movie character and thus you think Vitiate is way "cooler" because its EU and thats the trend with kids nowadays isit?

A force storm would bloody wreck up an entire place even if used to transport someone across the galaxy, it wrecked an entire city scape before swallowing luke up!

As I recall, this also taxing on a massive level and it nearly killed Sidious when he used it due to the sheer amount of power required.

Another time i caught you lying, NOWHERE was it stated it nearly killed Sidious, the only flaw stated about Sidious doing this feat was that if the storm was too big, he has difficulty controlling it.

How could summoning a force storm "nearly kill him" when in his final battle with Luke he was ABOUT to summon ANOTHER force storm in the room(with the one outside wiping out the entire fleet)? This was brought up by the DE audio book.

s that if the storm was too big, he has difficulty controlling it.

Sidious had to die Several Times to acquire the power to which you allude to, and Vitiate himself spoke in a a manner that was beyond mortals.

No he didn't. Canon shows that by the time the OT has arrived, Sidious has steadily been getting more and more powerful due to the fact that he finally had the time with his plethora of sith knowledge and holocrons.

Also to point that the Jedi didn't know about Bane or Zannah either. Or Cognus, or Millenial and his order, or many other things. This has more to do with the Jedi's own ignorance and stupidity than any sort of 'powerflexing' by Sidious.

How so? There were only TWO sith AT A TIME, being as smart as they were, how can it be that the jedi were stupid and not be able to find TWO sith lords?

Are you also stating that the US is stupid ,so they couldn't find a man living in a CAVE(bin laden) for the last 10 years(until last year of course).

A jedi can SENSE a sith lord, especially if one is right in front of you, the fact that NONE of the 10000 jedi in the movies(which according to lucas are the strongest era's of jedi anyways) shows that sidious DOES have a "powerflex" to blind so many of them.

Case in point; Vitiate did the same damn thing, keeping the fledgeling Sith Empire from being noticed at all.

In the unknown regions... if i friggin hid on a deserted island nobody would find me to einstein.

Misconception. He did not wipe their memory of the event, he tricked them into simply not seeing it. This is actually another case of SW writing teams stealing ideas. This was actually seen in the movie "The Shadow" where a skyscraper was masked from the public eye, making them incapable of perceiving it, right in the middle of NYC.

It was clear he used the force an no other tricks were involved, if he could easily blind the entire jedi order i see no reason he couldnt do this.

This is an outright lie.

"It is believed he has mastered every known,unknown force powers and devises new ones at his pleasure" - Dark empire sourcebook.

The only Liar is you.

But never learned how to manipulate MC's or create life on his own.

When was "create life" an actually force technique?

Also, the abilities Sid uses are Learned and have been essentially established in Lore thanks to KotoR and SWTOR.

And vice versa. Most of them(movie and eu) characters share the same abilities. "Lightning, push, pull etc" so whats the surprise?

Palpatine simple demonstrates a powelevel dwarfing everyone else in the EU.

And this included the likes of Naga Sadow, whom we have witnessed pull solar flares from nearby stars to destroy Republic ships

Ah, another lie. If you actually red the books, Naga sadow never blew up stars on his own, it was the technology on his ship that caused stars to go supernova, this has been proven in so many source material the fact that you tried to claim he did so on his own is absurd.

and who triggered an Unstable Red Giant into going nova and destroying an entire solar system, who also used Battle Meditation to create illusions on a galactic scale across multiple worlds

Battle meditation doesnt create illusions, you dont even know what it does. A weakling like aleema keto could also make a massive illusion. That is nothing special.

Frankly speaking the only thing Sadow has ever demonstrated with the force is hurling a BRICK on a DARK SIDE empowering world.

The most powerful Sith Lord EVER is a new age Sith. The Sith is known as Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious. Sources to back this up:

Page 109 from the Dark Empire sourcebook:

"Palpatine has risen from the dead. The most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived had returned"

Empire's End, one of ancient the Sith spirits: "He gave up everything to the Dark Side long ago. He has become the greatest who ever lived. He is the strongest who ever lived[/b....I say we give what he wishes."

Star Wars Insider, Kevin J. Anderson, upon asked if he ever intended his Sith to be stronger than the OT sith: "No. Exar Kun, Naga Sadow and the others are on a firmly lower tier than Emperor Palpatine."

On TFN.net, official response to the strongest Sith: "Palpatine at his peak."[/b

Essential Chronology: "the most powerful Sith who had ever lived, Emperor Palpatine had returned from the grave."

Palpatine learned a Force Storm. It is is an attack that rips apart the fabric of existence and space-time. It can do everything from create a wormhole to move a person lightyears to ravage the surface of a planet to annihilate starfleets. Palpatine uses Force lightning with enough power to kill 100 augmented Strormtroopers effortlessly. Same lightning reduced 3 dark siders strong enough to resurrect Darth Maul to charred skeletons.

His battle with Luke in Dark Empire, according to the audio, had enough energy sent off to kill nearby Stormtroopers. He also can drain planets of their energy.

There may be other writers in the SWU, but Lucas is the creator and owner of the IP and thus his word is law. The actual definition of the word Canon should illustrate this for you. The other writers have to fall within his guidelines for the IP or get his(or Chee's)approval.

I'm not even going to touch the rest of your post as it's just ludicrous at best.

I was wondering whether Palpatine is truly the most powerful dark lord to ever live. After all the Emperor is practically immortal and not even Revan, Meetra or Scourge could stop him. Is Sidious just smart and devious or is he actually more powerful than the Sith Emperor who is immortal and has consumed an entire world and later has plans to consume the galaxy.

I think they wold be equal in strength.

Too hard to decide...:confused:

not revan fanboy or anything i am sure it had nothing do with scourge killing the exile or anything.

I suppose the first part means you are. Did you read the book? I believe Revan got saved twice when he was getting his butt kicked in that fight. No it had nothing to do with someone else dying. Revan could not take the Emperor.

I suppose the first part means you are. Did you read the book? I believe Revan got saved twice when he was getting his butt kicked in that fight. No it had nothing to do with someone else dying. Revan could not take the Emperor.

He managed a knockback, and all that litterally did was just piss off Vitiate.

they can because Vitiate have no skill in lightsaber combat or even has his own lightsaber they need just get close enough and stab him.

also some scourge visions stated they won some and lost some.

please show me sources that state that Vitiate doesn't have lightsaber skill. He looked to have it when you verse him in the old republic.

Also about scourge thats right they won SOME and lost SOME. Who knows the ones where they won might have been achieved by cheating or something. For all you know a speeder could have crashed through the roof and crushed Vitiate.

slow down,vititate is much more powerful in my opinion,palpatine might be smarter but who lived more than 1400 years?palpatine?oh i don't think so.

Maybe you should read the Plagueis novel. The force itself created Anakin to restore balance to the force after Sidious

brought the force out of balance.Sidious vas vastly more powerful then Vitiate. Also George Lucas have said he was the most powerful Sith lord who ever lived so the card trumfs all :)

Edited by Lord_Karsk

2.The Rebel Alliance wasn't disorganized in their tactics while engaging the Imperial Fleet.

You are a little of on most things but i had to quote just this :rolleyes:

1 this is not something any sith would control in ant battle,also the light side of the force were strong in the rebelion,dont you think the force help the rebels with stormtrooper missing alot etc...

2 What he is talking about have nothing to do with rebel forces beeing disorganized.But only to do with the Emperors control over his own forces as a whole. Read Thrawn books.

please show me sources that state that Vitiate doesn't have lightsaber skill. He looked to have it when you verse him in the old republic.

Also about scourge thats right they won SOME and lost SOME. Who knows the ones where they won might have been achieved by cheating or something. For all you know a speeder could have crashed through the roof and crushed Vitiate.

looking for source when you got the whole battle emperor using his force powers the whole time and did not bring his lightsaber in fact he took revans lightsaber and was about to stab him with it if he had one or skilled with it he would have pulled his own to kill revan instead taking revan lightsaber.

Edited by undeadsithdread

looking for source when you got the whole battle emperor using his force powers the whole time and did not bring his lightsaber in fact he took revans lightsaber and was about to stab him with it if he had one or skilled with it he would have pulled his own to kill revan instead taking revan lightsaber.

That was one battle and as I said when you verse him in game he uses a lightsaber and looks to be quite skilled. I can't remember him having a lightsaber or not in Revan but he might have had one but just didn't use it. Afterall there was no real need to use one since he was already wiping the floor with Revan.

Edited by Malrus

Palpatine fanboys should read up on lore. The Emperor was the herald of the "void", so to speak, the ultimate nothingness. His call was so consume the gallaxy and turn it into nothing. Sidious was still a normal sith, performing dark side rituals. Lord Sidious is insignificant next to The Emperor, and I will firmly believe this untill someone can prove that the dark side is stronger than "void".

Maybe you should read the Plagueis novel. The force itself created Anakin to restore balance to the force after Sidious

brought the force out of balance.Sidious vas vastly more powerful then Vitiate. Also George Lucas have said he was the most powerful Sith lord who ever lived so the card trumfs all :)

Before or after Bioware introduced Vitiate?

Palpatine fanboys should read up on lore. The Emperor was the herald of the "void", so to speak, the ultimate nothingness. His call was so consume the gallaxy and turn it into nothing. Sidious was still a normal sith, performing dark side rituals. Lord Sidious is insignificant next to The Emperor, and I will firmly believe this untill someone can prove that the dark side is stronger than "void".

Are you talking about the same guy who had need of numerous other Sith to perform a ritual to drain the life from a planet? Didn't it take less time from Bane to Sidious to overthrow the Jedi Order which was stronger in Sidious' time? Did the Emperor even topple the Jedi Order? Sidious did. Sidious was so normal that the Force birthed a child to bring balance after he and his master announced themselves.