Arsenal heat management horrible now...

Beretta

My heat management now is horrible, before the patch I could easily vent 8 heat every 3-5 seconds, I am overheating way too easy now. Rapid shots is pretty much required to be thrown in every other skill usage.

I thought we were supposed to be getting buffed this patch?

Change up your priorities then, I weave Rail Shot between Heatseeker and Unload to help with heat management. Since Unload doesn't vent your heat anymore, there isn't as high a priority on using it now in my opinion. It's been helping me out in raid.

Hate to say it but if your having heat management issues with this patch your doing your rotation wrong.

Open with unload>tracerx3>railshot>hsm>unload if procced>tracer>railshot>hsm>unload and so on. Pretty much should always be using railshot when its off cooldown.

Change up your priorities then, I weave Rail Shot between Heatseeker and Unload to help with heat management. Since Unload doesn't vent your heat anymore, there isn't as high a priority on using it now in my opinion. It's been helping me out in raid.

when did unload ever vent heat? your nuts if your leaving our 2nd highest dps out of your rotation and FYI with this new heat venting every 6 secs no matter what your doing we are venting heat while using unload durrr

when did unload ever vent heat? your nuts if your leaving our 2nd highest dps out of your rotation and FYI with this new heat venting every 6 secs no matter what your doing we are venting heat while using unload durrr

It vented heat with Terminal Velocity and the cost per cast time being a net loss of heat.

zero heat problems in pvp. I haven't tried pve yet. In pvp it seems like we got a huge burst buff. I am bursting people down very quickly now. I feel like anyone that has less then 60% health is an easy target. I'm not finishing my full rotation on anyone unless they are well geared and full health. Edited by Choffware

Prior to the patch, Unload used to vent heat with crits. Combined with the 3 second channel time, this was seen as a great way to help manage heat especially since it could reset with procs. Since it's a static vent now though, people tend to spam out abilities without looking at their heat anymore.

With the new changes, yes it's a guaranteed 8 heat every 6 seconds, but the prior was every 3 seconds assuming you crit. That being said, this would probably make 4-piece bonus that much more valuable for free Rail Shots as they do help with heat while keeping dps going.

Edited by Arahakust

Prior to the patch, Unload used to vent heat with crits. Combined with the 3 second channel time, this was seen as a great way to help manage heat especially since it could reset with procs. Since it's a static vent now though, people tend to spam out abilities without looking at their heat anymore.

With the new changes, yes it's a guaranteed 8 heat every 6 seconds, but the prior was every 3 seconds assuming you crit. That being said, this would probably make 4-piece bonus that much more valuable for free Rail Shots as they do help with heat while keeping dps going.

4 peice was always valuable. at least ive always used it. That free railshot is amazing for heat mitigation.

4 peice was always valuable. at least ive always used it. That free railshot is amazing for heat mitigation.

Yes it is, i'm just saying it's even more valuable now. Question is what is the new priority for our abilities now.

Yes it is, i'm just saying it's even more valuable now. Question is what is the new priority for our abilities now.

Priority is the same. x5 Heat Sigs > Unload if it procs > HSM > Rail Shot > Tracer Missile > Rapid Shots if you're high on heat.

Our rotation is much more fluid with Tracer Lock getting 2 stacks from Light 'Em Up, so you should be able to fire Rail Shot off on CD.

I agree. With the 4 piece railshot works wonders in venting heat, much like it does when I'm pyro spec'd.

I agree. With the 4 piece railshot works wonders in venting heat, much like it does when I'm pyro spec'd.

I agree with what Areaz is saying. With Railshot being used even more, that is a free GCD that we can use to vent heat.

I have no problem with heat now, in fact i think heat management is much better i am able to get out more damage than before 1.3. You guys who are moaning just need to change your rotation to adapt to the change.

My heat management now is horrible, before the patch I could easily vent 8 heat every 3-5 seconds, I am overheating way too easy now. Rapid shots is pretty much required to be thrown in every other skill usage.

I thought we were supposed to be getting buffed this patch?

Uhhh.. what in the WORLD are you doing?

If I stay in my rotation of ED > Unload > TMx3 > Unload > HSM > Railshot there is not a snowballs chance in hell I will get into heat problems.

The only time post 1.3 I've had to even consider using Vent Heat is when I blow EVERY cd trying to kill someone, not caring about rotational heat efficiency or anything.

Other then that, it is straight up HARD for me to get past venting 5 heat a second, I really have no clue what you guys are doing to cause this problem for you.

Hate to say it but if your having heat management issues with this patch your doing your rotation wrong.

Open with unload>tracerx3>railshot>hsm>unload if procced>tracer>railshot>hsm>unload and so on. Pretty much should always be using railshot when its off cooldown.

Ironic you are telling him the wrong rotation. Use Unload only with barrage. Opener is TM, not unload.

Sometimes in heavy PvP I have to stop for a moment and just kind of cool down if I don't want to waste my Vent. But often times the heat is decent. I'm not saying I never run into trouble, but it's only if I'm totally ignoring my heat bar (AI: Need to cap the turret or kill person)

Overall though, if you purchase some points in the BG spec, you can vent a lot more heat with the ability, which makes it easier nonetheless.

Otherwise, try to find breaks in combat and use them to your advantage to Recharge and reload.

4 Piece set bonus for a free Rail Shot is kind of a must or helps quite a bit.

Then make sure to utilize it when it pops off of cooldown and you have 5 stacks.

Improved Vents is a must. Nothing wrong with actually USING Vent Heat ;)