Welcome to Game Update 1.3: Allies

CourtneyWoods

If anybody is curious about the size of this patch then I'll tell you what I noticed.

The launcher downloaded a main assets thats about 10 MB and then there was another main assets that was about 255 MB in size.There were other files that were smaller sizes but I forgot what they were.

Its certainly not a big patch that I've seen but thats OK by me.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My jaw dropped down to my feet when I opened up my game. I am absolutely happy with the advanced graphics and how it much more detailed everything is and what it looks like in the world around us. Thank you Bio-Ware and thank you for keeping up all these wonderful updates, and I hope that the economy keeps all of you in a job.

I had some problems with my antivirus, that were easilly solved though by adding SWTOR to the exceptions list. I logged in after that and saw the option to reset graphics to the recomended settings in order to optimize performance, so i just used it... and well I really can feel the difference.... Last week I was lagging like hell in the Imperial Fleet, I did just teleported there, and... no lag or whatsoever, it was packed with players (250+ in Imperial Fleet @ The red Eclipse). And it looks very good as well, so i really can't complain ^^

I used to play on medium, and had still a lot of lag problems, now it switched to high and no lag ^^

Edited by Girseo

I would except that's not my issue, I can log in fine but the new graphics settings have made the game too dark to see anything, I have the gamma at 100% but I can barely make out anything on the screen. I have tried resetting them, doing everything except uninstall and re-install. I noticed this on the PTS but BW tech support assured me that this would not happen on live.

thanks for your help tho

After using the option to "recalibrate" my graphic settings, i was prompted with the choice of saving those new settings, at that moment the screen did indeed look a lot darker, but after accepting the changes it was just ok :)

Edited by Girseo

So when I converted to the new graphic settings my screen also went really dark, almost like the lights were off on the imperial fleet, so I clicked to revert back. Is there a way to click it again and try it out since maybe it was just a fluke? I don't want to be missing out on some awesome graphics :)

So when I converted to the new graphic settings my screen also went really dark, almost like the lights were off on the imperial fleet, so I clicked to revert back. Is there a way to click it again and try it out since maybe it was just a fluke? I don't want to be missing out on some awesome graphics :)

That is just the game showing you what it looks like when it has not finished loading everything. It is still loading most of the shaders, textures, lighting effects, anti-aliasing, etc. and it needs time for that. I would just hit "save changes" then give it 1-2 minutes and everything should be fully loaded like it was for mine. :)

The improved performance and max graphics increase brings a smile to my face, I hope it does for you to.

That is just the game showing you what it looks like when it has not finished loading everything. It is still loading most of the shaders, textures, lighting effects, anti-aliasing, etc. and it needs time for that. I would just hit "save changes" then give it 1-2 minutes and everything should be fully loaded like it was for mine. :)

The improved performance and max graphics increase brings a smile to my face, I hope it does for you to.

If it wasn't so Dark I'm sure it would look grand, but really its so dark I can barely see anything, I mean in 1.2 I was at like 20% gamma and things looked great now 100% and I can barely see the floor much less the texture of the floor or the lines in it.

I just wanted to thank you, BioWare, for the performance updates you have been doing to make SWtOR play better on older graphics cards. I have an ATI Radeon HD 4350 and when I first started playing the game, back in the last couple phases of Beta it ran fairly smooth. Then, for about a month or so after release, with each consecutive patch the game began running worse and worse for me. It got to the point where I could no longer stand playing the game, even at bare-minimum settings.

After reading about the myriad of updates that were to improve performance, I decided to give the game another try, as I just love the game - was just unable to play it smoothly. To my pleasant surprise, SWtOR now plays really smooth with Texture Quality and Anti Aliasing both on High and the rest on minimum settings, even in my native resolution of 1680x1050. Now, with 1.3: Allies update, the game runs noticeably smoother yet.

I know my graphics card is quite out-dated and really should be replaced. It is a matter of being able to afford such a luxury that keeps me from doing such, as graphics cards cost way too much in my opinion. I am so happy that your brilliant development team and the corporate decision makers are allowing for the game to work better, even on older video cards.

Being able to run this game without having to donate my organs on the black market to afford new equipment is really the only factor in whether or not I shall continue playing SWtOR, at this point in time. So, once again, thank you!

Edited by Zebular

I have a few questions regarding the Legacy of Crafting Character Perks included in 1.3. In the Tooltip it states "Increases the chance of an augmented result while crafting by 1%."

Does this only affect items that can receive an augment slot such as earpiece/implant/relic/wrist/belt/head/chest/legs/hands/feet/offhand/main hand?

Does it affect mods such as armoring/mod/enhancement/augment/barrel/hilt/color crystal?

Does it affect items such as speeder/ship part/grenade/stim/adrenal/med pack/augment kit?

Two issues Hit me with this new 1.3 patch

1 - had the " not launching" issue - fixed it only by uninstalling and re-installing the game; repair option froze

2 - not sure where all this "great graphics" talk is about as I now have poor frame rate and artifacting everywhere, when all was fine before the patch and I have dual Radeon HD 7970M in Crossfire, so it's not a hardware issue.

Edited by GrandmasterTaz

Hello BioWare!

Cudos on a job well done with this update. LFG Tool worked great for me and the groups I was with. Within about 2 hours of play time I was able to complete two HM FP's without spaming the chat channel for 30 min. In one instance we had two people drop from the group for various reasons (one left the group, one disconected). Our group was placed into the queue automatically and within a couple of minutes each time we had another person join the group. Graphics look clean, crisp and awsome. Letting the Hutts control the GTN was a great idea. I could not keep items on the GTN long enough. I would place an item and it would sell before I started placing a second item!

The only issue I had was that on Prophecy of Five there was a wait time of app 20 min at 10 pm cst. I know this was my choice to transfer from a dead server to this server. I just hope you have plans to expand the capacity of these "super servers" in the near future.

Positives:

- Adaptive Social gear and social points for downing FP bosses.

- Legacy perks. All of my characters have speeders now and they range from 11 - 50..... epic.

- The LFG tool is great for level 48-50 players.

- Cheaper mod ripping/respeccing.

Negatives:

- The LFG tool is basically useless for people leveling up due to it leaving you on fleet. There's NO WAY I'll just stay queued at all times if I have to run back to the planet I'm questing on every time a FP ends. I know Bioware has said they they're working to correct this, but the way they work, it may be patch 1.4 before it happens. They need to fix it soon, or the tool will leave a bad impression on everyone that uses it.

- Planetary destinations is useless as well. Some people may want a specific heroic. Some may want help with their class quest, some may want a partner for side quests, etc. This feature should have been left out until they' added a sub category for the different heroics and such. Right now, spamming chat is way more effective.

Despite owning the game since preorder, I only really got into it much later, well into last month. That is because I was in a moment in life where I simply did not have the time. When I finally begun playing, I was pleasantly surprised, despite the fact that I was in an empty server. The server transfer helped me a lot to find new people to play with, and this new patch makes the game a whole lot better. I no longer have crashes and stuttering, the game looks beautiful on my pc and there´s very little that seems "unfinished" at this point. I´m wondering why the hood still clips thru my char´s head when he runs with his weapon unsheathed, but other than that, graphics are top notch. Gameplay wise, this is the best mmo out there if u play solo most of the time and like to level alts. I simply love it. The only thing Id like to see is the sith assassin/jedi shadow getting some more melee skills, my bar has only a few of those and that kinda bugs me.

But anyway, keep up the good work bioware, i am here to stay!

Hi i dont know it is the right polace to tell my problems with 1.3. Its quite good but it has some serious problem, which i think need to be taken care of. 1st.: warzone adrenal: its only good for tanks, cause a sorcerer with 15%dam red still die very fast, but a tank with 15% dam red its nearly immortal, i think u should do it like 15% dam red heal done and dam done. 2nd : armoring mod! its now bound to arms-head etc. We can only use armoring mods to wrist and for belt bought from daily commendation but that one is very weak or buy from gtn which cost 1000000 or more and not even on war hero level. We simply cant use legacy wrist and belt, cause it has no point to buy them if we cant upgrade them to the right lvl. u should do something like: u take out armoring its bound to hands but u can pay like 20-30k to not to be bound and u can armoring your wrist and belt, so if somebody want to be in full legacy gear he can be in full with the highest stats, but have to do extra work for it. Thanks

just press ok to the settings even though they look dark at that moment, it just takes a few seconds :)