Welcome to Game Update 1.3: Allies

CourtneyWoods

Despite owning the game since preorder, I only really got into it much later, well into last month. That is because I was in a moment in life where I simply did not have the time. When I finally begun playing, I was pleasantly surprised, despite the fact that I was in an empty server. The server transfer helped me a lot to find new people to play with, and this new patch makes the game a whole lot better. I no longer have crashes and stuttering, the game looks beautiful on my pc and there´s very little that seems "unfinished" at this point. I´m wondering why the hood still clips thru my char´s head when he runs with his weapon unsheathed, but other than that, graphics are top notch. Gameplay wise, this is the best mmo out there if u play solo most of the time and like to level alts. I simply love it. The only thing Id like to see is the sith assassin/jedi shadow getting some more melee skills, my bar has only a few of those and that kinda bugs me.

But anyway, keep up the good work bioware, i am here to stay!

agree! :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This patch totally broke the game. My computer is the best on market and net connection is solid hardline, but this game lags. Characters "warps" and sometimes when I jump on target (on marauder) I get stuck. When I move after I hit to randomly "invisible walls" like middle of warzone. Huttball jump pads won't work right and when you are moving, suddenly you are totally in different place.

For the love of god change the consular project spell back! What in gods name were you thinking making the spell look like crap!

Dude, we've been telling them that since day one when PTS went live, they didn't listen and gave in to the pvpers with a quick fix instead of an amicable solution, just like the smuggler laugh. They could have just given it a toggle and made it so others couldn't hear it, but no, they got lazy and just removed it. There are many different options to fix projects mirror deficiency, but this was the quickest, and the laziest.

So server transfers are a good idea? I tried to log in last night to be greeted by a queque on the server that I could transfer to for free. I was 862 in the queque with an expected 50 minute wait. I was shocked and decided maybe it won't take that long. So I logged in and after a 35 minute wait, I was down to #342 with an expected 60 minute wait. I don't think so. Looks to me like you did too many transfers to this server. I hope this was a unusal event and there won't be a wait tonight.

So server transfers are a good idea? I tried to log in last night to be greeted by a queque on the server that I could transfer to for free. I was 862 in the queque with an expected 50 minute wait. I was shocked and decided maybe it won't take that long. So I logged in and after a 35 minute wait, I was down to #342 with an expected 60 minute wait. I don't think so. Looks to me like you did too many transfers to this server. I hope this was a unusal event and there won't be a wait tonight.

the server transfers is a long term solution, so having a queque right now when 1.3 just came out should be expected and we should be happy that people are actually playing the game. otherwise you would be complaining about too low population in a couple of weeks ...quite amazing how hard it is to please the mmo community.

It really is funny how such a small change can have such a large impact for a player. Personally my desire to continue playing the game has hit an all time now, I find myself playing other games now (league of Legends and Smite) because my main character is no longer worth playing. At this point in time I have no reason to renew my subscription, I'll let this current month play out, but until I get confirmation that the spell has its graphic reverted back to what it was I'm done with this game.

Gj guys... with the new server with a heavy poppulation i can finally pvp again and the new dungeon finder and black hole comm dailies gives me something to do at end game :)

Keep up the good work guys. Nice to see this game heading in the right direction :)

love the patch !!! great job ! but only thing i wanted to see in 1.3 isnt there .. the camera still resets its self to default and i waste more time redoing that ........ please let it lock in place when you move the camera!

It really is funny how such a small change can have such a large impact for a player. Personally my desire to continue playing the game has hit an all time now, I find myself playing other games now (league of Legends and Smite) because my main character is no longer worth playing. At this point in time I have no reason to renew my subscription, I'll let this current month play out, but until I get confirmation that the spell has its graphic reverted back to what it was I'm done with this game.

So...you quit because they changed the project animation? Honestly, that's...pathetic.

As many people have moved servers with the free transfer, the server i am on atm has a low population, would it be at all possible to do a cross server pvp and lfg que, as every time i que up for those recently i just sit in the que waiting till i get bored of it and log out :mad:

As many people have moved servers with the free transfer, the server i am on atm has a low population, would it be at all possible to do a cross server pvp and lfg que, as every time i que up for those recently i just sit in the que waiting till i get bored of it and log out :mad:

Why not transfer like the rest of your server?

Everything you did in 1.3 I approve of, I wish you did more, but I understand that this was more of a quality of life patch with a few huge changes. AKA LFG, warzones.

Now, this is what I and many other players are looking for in coming patches. As well as fixes to certain problems that came out with 1.3

LFG

Starting with the LFG I've had a few problems with it. The que times are fine, it only took 40 min at 11:30 in the morning to get a lvl 50 random as a dps and tank/healer ques and instant, I'm happy. Here is a quick list of suggestions to make LFG better.

1) Make it so available roles takes into account your talent tree. I'ma dps TK Sage and have no business healing, yet, sometimes, even if this is unclicked, it stills ques me as healer, this can't happen much longer.

2) I'd love a hotkey for the LFG tool.

3) Give us the option to transport back to where we accepted the que from. I hate being in the middle of heavy enemy populated are, like a fortress, my que pops, and I have to fight my way all the back to where I was, it's annoying.

4) Estimated que times

One thing to help the LFG is dual spec. I know you're looking into it, and I hope it makes it into 1.4.

Now it looks as if you're ignoring the Consular and Smuggler/Agent communities on three issues.

1) PROJECT

The new project animation is horrible. It has no feel and often, I don't even realize I performed an ability. The old animation was such an icon of a Consular and now its gone. The new animation has no weight. I loved how I could pick up a huge boulder or droid, and hurl it at my enemy. Now I just flick my wrist and hit them with a pebble on the ground, woo-hoo /sarcasm.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=473447&page=13

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=481468

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=489080&page=3

Three Threads of people saying the same thing.

2) SMUGGLER AGENT LAUGH

Smugglers and Agent want the laugh back. One huge reason is that the laugh adds so much character to your toon, a personality. I loved hearing my smuggler giggle. It also helped that I didn't have to look at my tiny buff bar to see when I got the upper hand buff.

I know people were complaining about hearing it which is why the community gave you suggestions on a more amicable solution rather than just lazily removing it. Give it a toggle in preferences and make it so only the player can hear it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=364621

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=403876

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=411041

Three more threads about the giggle being removed

3) CORSO'S HARPOON

If the laugh wasn't a bad enough middle finger to us then you go and take away Corso's Harpoon.

The flow of scoundrel fighting completely changed with this breaking of Corso. You give the scoundrel, especially Sawbones now way to do any real damage with going oom without having to run into the group of mobs, we're ranged, let us be ranged. Short of helping protect the CC's, a lot of the abilities we have that let us keep our Energy at a usable level can only be used at 10 meters or less. Well, that leaves four abilities to use at distance, the charge ability that uses almost a quarter of our energy, a sticky explosive, a bomb, and the normal blaster firing ability. Your energy runs out REALLY fast if you try to stay ranged, even with CDs. The harpoon brought the mob to us so we didn't have to run all the way over. You gave Corso a gap closer, so either give us back the harpoon or give the Smuggler a gap closer too. Preferably give the harpoon back.

The flow of battle is just more fluent with the harpoon.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=406958&page=5

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=414473

GUARDIAN TANK ST THREAT

Now, I don't play a Guardian tank, but my roommate does and he is thrilled that he now has AOE threat. But you destroyed the Guardian tank's single target threat when you nerfed, I think it was Hilt Strike, for what I think is like the 4th time. So, give the Guardians back some ST threat.

TIER GEAR

I have one last suggestion. You introduced Adaptive Gear, which means you care about how players care about their appearance. So here's my suggestion. Attach the set bonus of tier gear to the modifications and not the armor. The tier 2 Consular armor, for example is a freaking TOGA, ***. I think you guys just got lazy when you designed the Pub gear because the Imp gear looks awesome. I realize that this is a challenge to do, but I hope you can do this. So basically what I'm saying is that I'd like to get the set bonus of Tier gear without wearing the tier gear. I'd buy the tier gear, rip out the mods, then put them into the gear I want/ The only restriction you'll have to implement is that the mods from the tier headpiece can only go into a headpiece armor. This way people aren't mix and matching their gear.

Naming the mods differently might by the way to go, something like Columni HP (short for headpiece) armoring/mod/enhancement.

Edited by Ramahospitality

Group Finder suggestions:

1.) Using group finder and questing is not at all convenient. I love that it allows you to shuttle straight into a FP once it pops, kudos. But I hate that once it is over I don't have the option to go back where I was. Having to fly back out to said planet kills the motivation to keep questing.

2.) I don't see any estimated queue time. This would be easier to understand and read than hovering over map button and seeing how many are queued for each section. Remembering what you queued for reading how many are queued and assuming they are all dps doesn't give you any indication if you can take a quick bio or go mow the grass before it pops.

All-in-all I love that the group finder is still server specific and with a few minor tweaks will be great to use. I appreciate your guys/gals adding the feature, just wanted to give some feedback.

Why not transfer like the rest of your server?

Because i have friends still on that server and they haven't moved yet, and looking at the servers any way there are a huge amount with light populations now, so a cross server pvp/lfg would improve servers with low populations, either that or merge some together

They could better have called this patch Game Update 1.3: Downtime.

As so far with daily 4 hour patches and an uptime of just 83% there's hacked a lot into that time to actually be playing with those allies.

Thanks for update 1.3! Game play is headed in the right direction.

To second what a few others have said, here are some suggestions for continued improvement.

1) Group Finder

a. While it’s great that I can “Take a shuttle” from anywhere to the instance. It would be nice to take a shuttle back to wherever I was before. I understand that many FlashPoints require a conversation outside of the instance in order to actually complete it, obtain rewards as well as earn the final few social points. We have to come up with a way for us to be able to port back to where we were before we ported to the FP Instance. I agree with others here, it does slow things down to have to take my ship back to the planet I was on, then work my way back to wherever I was before.

b. A hot key for the Group Finder would be nice (although not high on the priority list). I only hit the button once and then go about my business until my time in the queue comes up.

c. Group levels need to be reworked for those less than end-game. While the current grouping helps to get more people into FlashPoints faster, being eight levels +/- from another member in the group is killing the XP gain while leveling. Also, the available instances vs. current toon level spread is too great. As a level 31, I was thrown into Mandalorian Raiders which is a level 25 instance. An hour later I walked out with ten percent more XP than I started with. Had I just been questing solo, I would have picked up about thirty percent XP in that same time period. The same problem occurred when I was placed in Boarding Party (a much more level appropriate instance) but had two level 39 toons in the group. Only ten percent XP gain by the end of the run. My suggestion is to keep the group levels and the instance levels to within +/- 5.

d. A timer for approximate time in queue would be very useful. Either displayed when we open the Group Finder (a hot key would be needed if this choice is deployed) or in its own window that we could position somewhere on our GUI. If I am only going to have a 5 minute wait, I may just take care of some house cleaning, crew missions, etc. If I know I’ll have more than a 30 minute wait, I’ll embark on questing and actions that take more time to complete. It is a bit annoying to head out to a planet to quest and as soon as I get to the start of a quest area my queue pops.

Keep working on it BioWare. I love playing and can’t wait to see what comes down the road.

What the hell is the point of being able to buy so i can use my speeder at level 10, if im not allowed to mount up in the areas im in. Seriously, can they actualy do anything right. This is a complete joke.

And i dont get the affection it list. I says i gain 20 affection, and even though i didnt get a single option where i lost any, i still end up with getting 19. 1 might not sound like alot, but it does add up, and there is a principle. It should give what it says, instead of this BS. Then *********** make it gives 19 instead of that crap. Just another example of things they cant do right. I used to recommend this game to people i know, or talk about it, before it was released. But now, I cant do that, fail upon fail.