Speculation on the Escape Pod

Flyceratops

So far, I only know two things about the Escape Pod: That it is unavailable at this time and that you can actually have multiple escape pod error messages at once and fill your screen with them. http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8169/escapepod.jpg (I got really bored. It took a while.).

So, anyone have any idea about what this could do in the future? Could it have involvement in the awesome space project that Bioware has discussed (even though the only thing we know about it is that it is awesome)?

I am at a loss for its possible functions.

So far, I only know two things about the Escape Pod: That it is unavailable at this time and that you can actually have multiple escape pod error messages at once and fill your screen with them. http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8169/escapepod.jpg (I got really bored. It took a while.).

So, anyone have any idea about what this could do in the future? Could it have involvement in the awesome space project that Bioware has discussed (even though the only thing we know about it is that it is awesome)?

I am at a loss for its possible functions.

I think maybe you can abandon ship if you are about to crash or something. Also lol at the picture

It allows players who have joined you on your ship to leave when they want, otherwise you could just keep them on your ship indefinitely.

Woldn't the door work for them just fine?

Or, if they go on a space mission or something does it not just leave the ship where it is?

Woldn't the door work for them just fine?

Or, if they go on a space mission or something does it not just leave the ship where it is?

You cannot use the door whilst the person who's ship you're on is doing a space mission. You are required to use the escape pod.

the actual ship isnt doing the mission

your person is just switched with a ship model. they can leave the ship whenever using the door and person is no longer on the ship, when they exit, they will be in their own docking bay, or you yours if they are doing the mission the same if they leave the ship before you

but grats that you think the ship is something more then a map / stationary model

Edited by CKNairb

the actual ship isnt doing the mission

your person is just switched with a ship model. they can leave the ship whenever using the door and person is no longer on the ship, when they exit, they will be in their own docking bay, or you yours if they are doing the mission the same if they leave the ship before you

but grats that you think the ship is something more then a map / stationary model

Tried that lately? It didn't work from release into 1.2. In fact, the guest on a ship is in whatever zone the ship is in. Ever noticed that there is a difference between being on the ship and in "space" which is where you are when you're flying the missions (which represents a change in general channel but just about nothing else)?

Makes for an excellent smart-alec answer but doesn't jive with facts.