No Group Finder Was A Huge Mistake

Shadysketchy

Its a tricky question as a LFD has positive but also negative aspect´s.

Yes you will instantly find a group, yes you will be able to play more and faster - the downside is, people become rude and greedy as they can do it all the time, there will always be players around then so they can act like a ....

I did welcome the LFD at wow, because I was tired of the "wow 2.0" generation that spoke in "LFM 2k hp, 15k dps" etc. but I enjoyed vanilla more still, without.

If they maybe could limit the amount of dungeons that you can do a day, people might be able to appreciate the chance of queing in a LFD more and the rude behaivour would not occur at SWTOR. Or a good blacklist, so that the rude ones dont find groups anymore. But also no addons, as a lot of rude behaivour came as DPS meter & co. were introduced.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are three Empire Players on Belsavis, on Anchorhead US (A "FULL" Server with a lengthy queue). THREE

This means I cannot do Flashpoints that are my level, because there literally are not enough people. This is a major issue, because there are also not enough quests to level me properly, at 40 everything I see is at least 42 now, and part of an orange quest, that takes longer to trudge through than all the yellow quests from before.

I understand that somebody gave the false notion that LFD killed WoW's "community" (which was never great), and that standing in the Imperial Fleet for 2 hours at a time going "LF 1 Tank, 1 DPS for X then good to go" was going to build a strong "community"; but now that the game is actually Live, it's time to base ourselves once more in reality.

If there aren't enough quests, then you're forced to level by either Instances, or grinding. Since I can't do instances, as there are a grand total of 2 other people my level, I'll have to resort to grinding once these Orange quests run out and I'm left with nothing but Red quests who's mobs are 5 levels higher than me. Grinding is not fun, or a good method of leveling in 2011

Honestly, I'd even be willing to concede, and have the group finder Server-Only; at least then I could do the Flashpoint that's one below my optimal one, and get reasonable Experience; better than nothing.

The current statis is unacceptable; again, there are THREE PEOPLE on Belsavis, I can spam chat all day but that won't change the fact that there simply aren't enough people

I think you posted in another section saying you were underleveled.. I think you're missing something there are definitely enough quests to level up in this game.

There is a LFG searcher... You can turn on your LFG in the social window.. and search for other players who are LFG... problem is how many players actually use this?? My guess is.. its not the ones who are actively seeking a group and using the channels.

Edited by Shammus

No, I expect enough quests to level up; like in WoW

Then you never played WoW...original Vanilla...man I remember grinding undead in EPL for the last 2 levels...because all of the quest were either group or dungeon which I did not do because I was in a HURRY to level cap. That way I could ya know sit in Orgrimmar and have all the level 20-30's stroke my armor and pet me because they thought I was awesome.

Your argument is invalid. Stop rushing, and enjoy the game.

There should be a cross-server LFG System regardless of the fact so many of you don't feel for this guy.

It's expected in every MMO.

Hell I'm on a server with tons of people my level and I cant find a group any other way than chat spam which most people including myself, ignore entirely.

Two days now trying to get in on the lvl 17 FP to no avail.

There are three Empire Players on Belsavis, on Anchorhead US (A "FULL" Server with a lengthy queue). THREE

This means I cannot do Flashpoints that are my level, because there literally are not enough people. This is a major issue, because there are also not enough quests to level me properly, at 40 everything I see is at least 42 now, and part of an orange quest, that takes longer to trudge through than all the yellow quests from before.

I understand that somebody gave the false notion that LFD killed WoW's "community" (which was never great), and that standing in the Imperial Fleet for 2 hours at a time going "LF 1 Tank, 1 DPS for X then good to go" was going to build a strong "community"; but now that the game is actually Live, it's time to base ourselves once more in reality.

If there aren't enough quests, then you're forced to level by either Instances, or grinding. Since I can't do instances, as there are a grand total of 2 other people my level, I'll have to resort to grinding once these Orange quests run out and I'm left with nothing but Red quests who's mobs are 5 levels higher than me. Grinding is not fun, or a good method of leveling in 2011

Honestly, I'd even be willing to concede, and have the group finder Server-Only; at least then I could do the Flashpoint that's one below my optimal one, and get reasonable Experience; better than nothing.

The current statis is unacceptable; again, there are THREE PEOPLE on Belsavis, I can spam chat all day but that won't change the fact that there simply aren't enough people

uhh nope stop rushing through content or ya know level with guildies... we dont need a dungeon finder...

Then you never played WoW...original Vanilla...man I remember grinding undead in EPL for the last 2 levels...because all of the quest were either group or dungeon which I did not do because I was in a HURRY to level cap. That way I could ya know sit in Orgrimmar and have all the level 20-30's stroke my armor and pet me because they thought I was awesome.

Your argument is invalid. Stop rushing, and enjoy the game.

What does WoW have to do with this game? Your argument is more invalid than his was. I'm not saying his was great either though.

I have guildies that are 50 and they had no problem finding content that was their level. In fact, they were a couple of planets ahead of the curve. You can still toss in a PvP match once in awhile too if you are finding you are behind the content in terms of difficulty and your level.

The one complaint that most people are having with mid-game to end-game leveling is that the mobs get substantially harder once you begin on Tatooine and thereafter. Some of the class quests are ridiculously hard, if not impossible to complete alone. Expect nerfs soon.

Has been great having no random group finder. People actually have to speak to each other, a crazy concept i know.

yeah it makes it difficult but I love it for the level that I am <december crew> the concept to add ppl after you play with them is like almost having a LFG system just ask a friend and chances are they will come

No, I expect enough quests to level up; like in WoW

ROFL!!!

Are you kidding me??? There are so many damn quests in this game I get tempted to skip some. Im freakin level 31 and just started Alderaan. Seems to me like your not playing it properly. Or are just a troll.

Ill go with just a troll. You did mention WoW after all.

Get over it man. Do a little leg work. It's not hard to find a group with all the servers being full. Think of it as one of the challenges that make the game great.

I REALLY DON'T LIKE DUNGEON FINDERS. I THINK THEY RUIN THE GAME, but i asume you are gonna whine like a spoiled child until they put one in.

Edited by Karikma

Sorry but the OP is absolutely right. The rest of you are wrong. LFD was the best thing to ever happen to WoW, regardless of what people think. You people cry because you feel it brought worst out of the community. Well it didn't. Those types of players always existed no matter what.

LFD made the game so much more fun, because you actually got to play it. Standing around yelling for roles to be filled in group is a ridiculous waste of time. It's almost 2012, there is no reason for us to do it that way anymore.

FIX IT BIOWARE.

The problem I have here is that everything you complain of is merely a consequence of the game being so new and you being so far ahead of everyone else. So now you want the game changed to suit your unique situation....a situation I might also add that will be resolved on its own as each day goes on.

I would caution BW from doing things like WOW. In a lot of ways that game was ruined by Blizz. I'd rather have a tougher time with a better game then see the game suffer for my convenience.

"Hi, I have no life and have leveled faster than everyone else so BW needs to change this game to cater to MY needs." - OP

Seriously, I am level 36 and never find anyone to run my FPs with, but I understand that not many people are my level and I'm also just the right level for the content I'm doing. You are either skipping every side quest, or the majority of them, or you just don't know how to try other things to level (i.e. PvP, space missions). Go back to WoW if you don;t like this amazing game

yeah it could just be that you rushed through some of the stuff and not yet enough players. give it time. thats why i am glad im waiting and going to take my time :-) i hope things work out fine!

You know what i hate to see it seems a lot of people on the forums are really complaining instead of just enjoying the game. We'll see!

You cannot appease that which has no life.