Can we, as a community, eliminate the "Grass" and "Snow" in Alderaan?

Bewoulff

Yes, but civil war is not so "open". You can't go more east than grass and you can't go more west than snow.

Exactly why Snow/Grass is best used. You CAN'T go further East than Grass, but you CAN go further East than East Turret.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly why Snow/Grass is best used. You CAN'T go further East than Grass, but you CAN go further East than East Turret.

If this is happening to anyone in your wz, you have more severe issues than what you're calling the turrets... <.<

Does anyone here have any sense of direction at all?

When you go to jack in the box.... do you think, "I'm going to go the stop sign and go west towards Jack in the Box" OR.... are you a normal human being that hasn't been in the military and just go to the damn Jack in the Box instinctively because you know exactly where it is? You go there without even thinking twice? RIGHT?

If you have played more than 10 war zones there should be no question whether someone says, Right, east or grass. Voidstar is a slightly different situation but seriously... there's 2 doors... what are you people even arguing about?

This is hilarious...

Before, I said that the use of Grass/Snow will bring some fun with same faction Alderaan Civil war...

I was right. When you're Imp, you're used to have Snow on your left after the speeder. Recently, I had a same faction Civil War with one of my Imp guild mates. But we began South, Rep side.

Guess what... every time he called for West Turret, since it's his left, each times he called Snow because of the habit of having Snow at left. But in fact it was Grass.

Before, I said that the use of Grass/Snow will bring some fun with same faction Alderaan Civil war...

I was right. When you're Imp, you're used to have Snow on your left after the speeder. Recently, I had a same faction Civil War with one of my Imp guild mates. But we began South, Rep side.

Guess what... every time he called for West Turret, since it's his left, each times he called Snow because of the habit of having Snow at left. But in fact it was Grass.

This blows my mind... you can see either snow or grass to your left from spawn. Whether or not you're used to something... it shouldn't take long to adjust.

There are 2 sides... if you're staring at snow... guess what? The other one... it's grass.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Would you tell someone to come west, or come to California, if you wanted them to visit you? If they live in Hawaii, going west would take them in the wrong direction of Cali.

In fact, you could get to California from Hawaii by going west. It would just take longer.

Kinda like when noob #21342 calls out west when he's at snow. You still get there it just takes longer. I don't trust the general population with directions. I do trust them to know whether the ground is green or white.

The fact that the map is backasswards for the imps doesn't help with any of this.

First, it isn't backwards.

Second, if your map were backwards, all your mates will have their map backwards as well. So if your turret is at your left on your map, it is also on the left of your mates' maps. Your West could be the East, all your mates would see it as West.The only ones who won't understand your directions are the ennemy, but that's not a problem at all.

Edited by Altheran

This!

Because most people will recognize grass and snow easier and with quicker reaction time and by the time any of us become useful in PvP we ALL know where grass and snow is.

Also... (sorry Fezzie)

Women... they further prove my point. Check studies that have been done and women are naturally bad with directions and my girl who is brilliant, at the age of 31 if I asked her to go west her head would possibly explode. No offense intended but it is fact.

We DO have a lot of chicks on this game...

Not a chick and I get stumped when people refer to things as east or west. Lol

Honestly at this point how can anyone get confused on this map.

Fix your guild tag FFS!!! LOL!!!

And for the OP its grass and snow on all 3 servers I play on so suck it up and move on. No one cares about your crying because you think you have a better idea.

Fix your guild tag FFS!!! LOL!!!

And for the OP its grass and snow on all 3 servers I play on so suck it up and move on. No one cares about your crying because you think you have a better idea.

Nobody cares about your opinion or your three servers.

People will use what they use.

Just like I call East and West, and I don't really care if people have problems w/ that because they lack a 3rd grade education.

Edited by Varicite

This always bugs me aswell. Theres grass and snow on both sides. It just simpler to use west and east

which side has the majority, i hardly see any snow on the grass side, and i hardly see any grass on the snow side.

here is an image of the Grass side

http://www.naboo.org/pyts.cache/pic.146348.jpg

aparently you cant see to well, there is verry little snow there other then in the Tip of that section of map.

here is an image of Snow

http://torwars.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/alderaa2n.jpg

i swear you got to be blind or something, where is the grass @ the snow point

Edited by CKNairb

personally i use left/right as do most rep players on my server, that said rather than cry about it ,ive made an effort to learn where snow,grass or east,west is

imo things like that seperates good players from noobs

Edited by LucasEighty

I'll admit, I don't pay attention to that. I don't care which side has grass or snow. In fact, both have snow and both have grass. I say we go off of the already established and universally understood "north, south, east, west" directions. I can't tell you how many games of Alderaan or Voidstar I've played where people say "right" when if their screen is oriented north they are in fact "left". Or people say grass and I have no idea what they are talking about. The minimap is always oriented north, so this makes it the most accurate way to call directions.

Yeah I've never understood this. I personally refer to them as east and west. One man can move mountains if he is persistent enough :-P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.