Props go out to BW

Kosef

As a fellow software developer, I have to say that I was also impressed with how smoothly the transfer process went. I was also happy to see that you took your time and watched the populations as transfers occurred, rather than giving in to the complainers and rushing the process, which is what got us into the population mess in the first place.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The server transfer is smash hit. Last night I had about a 15 minute (or less) login que. What a bargain to trade 15 minute login in time with tons of PvP WZ matches for what we had previously: no login time but an entire night of waiting for one maybe two or three PvP pops. I don't mind the slight lag created on the fleet from all these players.

The server transfer is smash hit. Last night I had about a 15 minute (or less) login que. What a bargain to trade 15 minute login in time with tons of PvP WZ matches for what we had previously: no login time but an entire night of waiting for one maybe two or three PvP pops. I don't mind the slight lag created on the fleet from all these players.

Same here Resubbed yesterday too love it! :D

I have to agree with the OP, The Fatman was my 4th server:P I would get to 50, no fps, no wzs, no ops, pretty much had dailies to do alone and so I would move. By the time I had hit The Fatman I was so utterly impressed that there was a 3 digit number for the fleet and that I could actually play the game with others that I was content. Then transfers came and I can play my old characters again. My only issue now is my favorite characters are spread across multiple servers now but at least when I play them I can play them with people lol. Would be nice to consolidate my favorites onto a single server though:P

I've been playing since day one of early access and i can't say the server transfers have had the same impact on me. I'm a PvP'er, I don't enjoy the PvE aspect other than the rush of leveling and looking for the opposite faction while doing it so i know i'm self limited with what the game has to offer but the parts i do enjoy just doesn't provide enough to keep me here much longer. My sub runs out in 2 days and i can't really see myself resubbing other than out of impulse and lack of anything else to play. I wouldn't like to even guess how many warzones i've played until this point, they likely count in the tens of thousands. No matter the population of a server PvP is still few and far between in the leveling process, even with actively seeking it.

Server transfers or not nothing has been added to the game for players like me, i'd go as far as to say more has been removed than added... Ilum. All it offers currently is ganking, i don't care about open world PvP rewards but the zone doesn't even offer hubs that are strategic for group PvP.

I don't say any of this with hate for the game but rather with disappointment.

I just hope the game doesn't end up with the same problems it had a week ago a month or two after the merges. The most populated EU PVP server went from 300-400 at peak time on fleet at the start of May on the Rep side to around 100 a month later before the merges. Nothing has changed since then other than the consolidating of the population, they need to get control of the decline through patches and i fear a group finder won't even nearly touch on what needs to be done.

Edited by Kabaal

I also agree with the OP (semi-related) about Trion as a company and communication.

I almost felt bad quitting RIFT after a couple months - I just couldn't get into it day to day. No fault of the company though, they are good people. Hope they keep the niche they have.

Just adding my voice here as well. Resubbed for 6 months, given the overall positive vibe of the last month.

The transfers were smooth and life-changing. The restructuring is clearly working as well.

Keep it coming .... you've got many happy players ready to recommend the game to all.

You only have yourself to blame if you refused to transfer.

Are you serious? We never got any transfer from OR to Lord Calypho. As of right now we dont even have a statement or promise if we ever are going to either....Thats how BW is handling our server.

So please get your facts straight before voicing an oppinion that you would have been better off without.

Are you serious? We never got any transfer from OR to Lord Calypho. As of right now we dont even have a statement or promise if we ever are going to either....Thats how BW is handling our server.

So please get your facts straight before voicing an oppinion that you would have been better off without.

Mind you I did say if and not because.

Mind you I did say if and not because.

Yeah, im sorry if i came out harsh -I am a bit upset due ot the reason i just stated above. And finding yellow responses in a thread praising BW kinda stings my eyes atm.

Obviously if we had the chance to transfer and had chosen not to, we would have ourselves to blame. That is not the case however.... fact is that BW is giving us utter silence except for 2 impressively weak statements telling us nothing.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. We're very avidly reading the forums and taking in all the feedback from free character transfer (the positive AND the negative), and we appreciate everyone who has taken the time to let us know thoughts, concerns, problems, praise, and anything else about the process. For those of you enjoying your new homes, we're very glad!

What about those of us who are on a RP PVP server and DON'T have an option about a new home? What are you doing to actually help us?

Edited by Ulran

My server transfers went well, have a few issues with guild bank but they are being taken care of. Some players have noticed lag when population of fleet instances get to 200-300. I keep my settings all on low any way so i dont notice it. Could changeing the numberof peeps alowed in a fleet instance fix their probs?

Very happy to hear! As I outlined last month, we definitely are committed to making sure that we address concerns that surface up (even though we may not have an answer to every single question) and we're very glad that your experience with the transfers has been excellent. Thank you for taking the time to write this. It is very much appreciated.

A response in our thread would be nice or do you really want more lost subs because the BW team seemed to not see the EU RP-PVP not getting transfers as an issue?

More bad publicity on it's way to the press.

Yeah, im sorry if i came out harsh -I am a bit upset due ot the reason i just stated above. And finding yellow responses in a thread praising BW kinda stings my eyes atm.

Obviously if we had the chance to transfer and had chosen not to, we would have ourselves to blame. That is not the case however.... fact is that BW is giving us utter silence except for 2 impressively weak statements telling us nothing.

I would feel the same way if I was in that situation. Hope you get some answers quickly.

Quite a few servers are Light or dead even. I wish for Guild transfers avail. Most I've known went on there own from start anyways. So to drop down in rank isn't optionable for me. ( or also members inactive)

Very much agree with the OP.

The more conversational style, with less of a "media release" feel to it, is very welcome. I think that BW still has a fair way to go in the customer interaction department - there's a long developed company culture without the sort of constant ongoing community integration that MMOs involve - but from what I've seen BW is making the transition & clearly improving with time.

Edited by Lakhesis

You only have yourself to blame if you refused to transfer.

We can't transfer. There is no solution being offered to the residents of Lord Calypho. There has been no announcement on what sort of solution, if any, that is being considered, only a vague "we're thinking about it" a few days ago.

On the contrary, we have only BioWare to blame for their lack of communication and our inability to transfer.

I thought they were "looking at" other solutions for that one dead Euro server without a partner so to speak?

Yes and thats all they really said, along with "I'm not saying we have the capability of doing anything"

And quite some time has passed now, without even the promise of a solution at any point.

Yes and thats all they really said, along with "I'm not saying we have the capability of doing anything"

And quite some time has passed now, without even the promise of a solution at any point.

I understand that waiting can be frustrating but I have nothing new for you as of right now, other than the knowledge that this is definitely an important issue for us and that options are still very much being considered. As soon as we have more information, I will post in the appropriate thread. I'm going to ask that we leave this topic to that thread.

Well..a week or so out of transfers and it's like night and day.

I can say in the couple days I've been over on Harbinger from The Jekk'Jekk Tar it has been an entirely different game, in a very good way. Agreed with props for the great improvement - this level of population makes the game far more fun.

Shayne

I haven't really noticed this increase in communication...especially on the PTS forum where it really matters. There is a 46 page thread about how bad the proposed defense guard/immortal jugg changes are with no response.

While the huge boost to population has ToFN buzzing now , is there any chance to ramp up server capacity a smidge? Those of us still here now , after all the fallout are obviously all 'stayers '. This isnt a moan just a polite request 😉 ( no trolls please )would be grand to log straight in as opposed to waiting Thanks