Where's the war?

Drom

Yeah, where's the war? It's Star wars! there should be conflict. But every update seems to push it away from us. It's getting really ridiculous.

Warzones are same faction - ALL of them. huttball was acceptable as an underground sport, the rest is just silly.

Open world PvP is with no reward and hard to find.

Open world PvP zones are broken/unfinished and empty.

Pretty much most of the level progress is extremely separated from any faction interactions.

GTN is now for both sides (patch 1.3). We are freely selling weapons, armors etc. to enemy.

All the operations are avoiding the faction conflict.

The worlds are completely static. We can't even win a point soemwhere to change banner on the building or something.

No faction progress, nothing like that.

And they only wants us to make alts on the other side for rewards (Patch 1.2 and 1.3)

there is no faction pride and community. Most people just play warzones against each other in 1 faction and PvE aspect is completely without factions.

I really don't see the point. What's next? Merging fleets?

Yeah, where's the war? It's Star wars! there should be conflict. But every update seems to push it away from us. It's getting really ridiculous.

Warzones are same faction - ALL of them. huttball was acceptable as an underground sport, the rest is just silly.

Pretty much most of the level progress is extremely separated from any faction interactions.

GTN is now for both sides (patch 1.3). We are freely selling weapons, armors etc. to enemy.

The worlds are completely static. We can't even win a point soemwhere to change banner on the building or something.

And they only wants us to make alts on the other side for rewards (Patch 1.2 and 1.3)

there is no faction pride and community. Most people just play warzones against each other in 1 faction and PvE aspect is completely without factions.

There is a lot of war in the story, so really.. they do live up to the name. I hope you took the time to enjoy the story aspect of the game.

Open World PVP, I am glad it does not exist. First of all because I play on a PVE server, and then Open World PVP feels so bad.. a place for gankers to go to and get rewards for doing almost nothing worthwhile for anybody.

And actually.. the PVE aspect is more faction divided than most other MMOs. You do realise there are a number of Flashpoints that either work differently for each faction, or are not even available to you if you are of the other faction.

So really.. this game has more 'War' than other faction based MMOs, it's just not online in the gankfest that is uninstanced PVP. And most of your complaints come from faction inbalances and that needing to be fixed. And this inbalance came from Empire being the 'cool' side where all the 'l33t' pvpers went to because their gear was 'cooler'.

Edited by Devlonir

I have to agree. There should be valid, viable playable whole world PvP (I'm especially thinking of faction vs. faction). It is just so common sense. I was actually hoping for this in the original release. It would be even better if it could be done on multiple planets and involve space combat.

Just sayin'

Sand

The list is pretty much accurate. Faction v Faction was never really that important to BW from a PvP perspective, you could have seen it coming the minute they made the decision to allow you to roll both factions on the same server

I agree, features and system must be coherent with the settings or it's stupid.

I guess they chose a design already and don't plan to change but really it's kinda hard to stay immersed in settings and the stories when I can switch from my class quest to a same faction Alderaan Civil War warzone just after.

If it's true that all warzones are same-faction now, then that change was only to appease the complaints about faction imbalance. I'm pretty sure the pvpers would rather have back to back WZs at the expense of immersion versus 1-2 WZs per day because one faction /facerolls the other on a given server.

Edit: Just pretend the other team is the enemy faction attempting to disguise themselves as yours.

Edited by Fhrosty

Have you played since transfers? I have yet to have a same-faction PvP match, even in Huttball.

The GTN represents selling to the Hutts who then sell to whoever wants to buy, because the Hutts don't care who wins the war overall as long as they get paid/ come out with some kind of advantage. As far as the lore goes, that pretty much represents the Cartels to a T. If you want to immerse yourself, you could always post messages in general offering to sell your items.

If it's true that all warzones are same-faction now, then that change was only to appease the complaints about faction imbalance. I'm pretty sure the pvpers would rather have back to back WZs at the expense of immersion versus 1-2 WZs per day because one faction /facerolls the other on a given server.

Edit: Just pretend the other team is the enemy faction attempting to disguise themselves as yours.

With the transfers, I doubt there's huge imbalance on the big servers.

As PvP'er, and in the setting of Star Wars, I don't want same faction PvP or at least not generalized everywhere.

Warzones more and more same faction is just a sign of lack of commitment of the management team for this game.

Instead of doing what is needed they just choose simple and cheap ways to solve short term problems.

Edited by Nyla

I said the same thing about 5 months ago.

There is no game feature that covers the war. Nothing changes hands based on player commitments, nothing to aim for, nothing to achieve.

Plenty of other 2 faction games have things like maps and areas that change hands

There is a lot of war in the story, so really.. they do live up to the name. I hope you took the time to enjoy the story aspect of the game.

Open World PVP, I am glad it does not exist. First of all because I play on a PVE server, and then Open World PVP feels so bad.. a place for gankers to go to and get rewards for doing almost nothing worthwhile for anybody.

And actually.. the PVE aspect is more faction divided than most other MMOs. You do realise there are a number of Flashpoints that either work differently for each faction, or are not even available to you if you are of the other faction.

So really.. this game has more 'War' than other faction based MMOs, it's just not online in the gankfest that is uninstanced PVP. And most of your complaints come from faction inbalances and that needing to be fixed. And this inbalance came from Empire being the 'cool' side where all the 'l33t' pvpers went to because their gear was 'cooler'.

This is all your opinion, and not at all fact.

Its a progressive story. This isnt a multiplayer war game like CoD which are mostly fake anyway. We've been fighting the other faction since we left the Origin worlds. Just because we're not fighting the other faction players in Alderaan doesnt mean we're not at war. Theres two things you kill there ... Killicks and the other faction (and their allies). Thats war. It isnt all just open battle fields with guys in skirts and blue painted face screaming war cries. We are the Obiwan Kenobi's of this war who focus on rescuing VIP's or killing a powerful generals and only seldomly actually take part of the huge battles (aka voidstar, alderaan civil war, novare coast).

P.S: The same faction thing is a result of the imbalance of factions. That is partly Biowares fault, ill admit, for making Empire more attractive, but at the same time its not something they can control...

Edited by MasterKayote

Have you ever been to the same faction Warzones? The whole dialog changes and it becomes a training simulations ...

I agree with the next 3 points, and they're working on the open world PvP zones, at least Ilum in particular.

The GTN has been taken over by the Hutt Cartel which only cares about making a profit.

From 1-50 I'm pretty sure it's been a bit obvious that there has been quite a lot of fighting going on between two groups of people. I'm not entirely sure about the Operations, but the Flashpoints do address the war situations.

That concerns over world PvP zones.

Well they do want you to enjoy the various storylines.

Where's the war? Where have you been for the last while? o.O

Edited by Daikeru

I agree, we need good open world pvp for something other than a gear grind, something that supports our faction, DAOC style.

I am tired of republic vs republic warzones, hutball is ok, I signed up in the repulic to fight sith scum not my fellow rep..

There is an evil empire out there and we waiste time fighiting in house..:mad:

I can even go with one training exersise, but not all of them..:mad:

Edited by kevlarto

Its a progressive story. This isnt a multiplayer war game like CoD which are mostly fake anyway. We've been fighting the other faction since we left the Origin worlds. Just because we're not fighting the other faction players in Alderaan doesnt mean we're not at war. Theres two things you kill there ... Killicks and the other faction (and their allies). Thats war. It isnt all just open battle fields with guys in skirts and blue painted face screaming war cries. We are the Obiwan Kenobi's of this war who focus on rescuing VIP's or killing a powerful generals and only seldomly actually take part of the huge battles (aka voidstar, alderaan civil war, novare coast).

P.S: The same faction thing is a result of the imbalance of factions. That is partly Biowares fault, ill admit, for making Empire more attractive, but at the same time its not something they can control...

This is not sinlgeplayer game. This game need to put MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER to the game. Fighting for the planets in both PvP and PvE. Factions are nothing in this game, purely nothing. We are jsut team blue and team red.

Good Question, i would like to get somemore controll of my ship, warp into corellias area to realize theres a major space war going on out of nowhere, and engage, land on a battleship and begin sabotaging it, while a pub attempts to stop me.

Guess i can dream..