What is your dream R-WZ Team Composition?

ATango

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad you cant have a healer with Healing Trance/Innervate (the skill that makes them a viable healer) and Blind bubbles at the same time. Not enough points.

With a Sorc you can. I know cause I'm living it.

Tank Assassin

Immortal/Veng Juggernaut

Heal Operative

Corruption/Lightning Sorc

Concealment Operative

Marauder (would be tempted to try Carnage but prolly Annihilation)

Sniper (prolly Lethality)

Pyrotech Powertech

Projecting that tanks/healers will be a bit more important in 1.3.

I would make a team based on 2-3-3

scouldrel(H)+shadow (team S)

Commando(H)+Vanguard+Gunslinger (team A)

Sage(H)+Mara+Guardian (team F)

I like to divide them by force user and army and have a mixed team of invisible

then you will work team S+A or F+A depending from situation

1x Commando - Healer

1x Guardian - Tank

1x Sage - Healer

1x Scoundrel - Stealth DPS

1x Scoundrel - Stealth Healer

1x Sentinal - DPS

2x Shadow - Stealth Tank

3 Healers, 3 Tanks, 4 Stealth

The Sentinal could also be a DPS Sage.

Edited by Drudenfusz

For Huttball

1 Juggernaut Tank

3 Sorc Healers

1 Carnage Marauder

3 Pyrotechs

(Sorc pull + juggernaut friendly charge is broken for scoring. Pyrotech Pull>Stun>Stun into a fire hazard is the ONLY way to kill a competent teams Ball Carrier. They also ignore tank stats so they are the only real class that might threaten a Tank otherwise. Carnage marauder simply for the +80% predation at the start)

For anything else

4 Tanksins

3 Op healers

1 Marauder

(Everyone is either a "Tank" or is guarded with taunts flying around everywhere. Mara is there simply to provide healing debuff and predation. Enough damage to focus down targets and Maximum survivability and escape options for everyone. Impossible to kite/interupt any of them vs 4 pulls and all Instant cast abilities.)

If they put Huttball and other WZs in the same group then my group would ideally be a combination of those two teams.

get destroyed in a flashbang

"lol lets take 5 pure melee so anytime the enemy uses an aoe Knockback+root or aoe mez we have over half our team CCd. Oh and no need for any guard or taunts either! Brilliant! who cares if noone on our team can kill tanks either!"

Marauders are ****** currently as far as "kill the squishy", but I will laugh at anyone that takes more than 2 of them because they don't do ANYTHING else.

3 healers, and 5 PT's and you got a winner. lol

I don't how well the team will do at top-level PVP for various reasons.

But this combo will definitely stomp 90% of teams with 0 skill required no doubt. Too simple to mindlessly zerg targets with nigh unhealable Armor Ignoring Burst. Rated WZs and public outcry at how easy it is to win with this combo will get PT nerfed into the ground... I can already see it lol.

Heals: Sage + Scoundrel

Tanks: Guardian (middle tree, tank stance), Shadow (23/1/17 with instant lift)

DPS: Assault VG, Sentinel, Dirty Slinger, Scrapper.

2 Pulls, and 2 runners for HB.

3-man stealth team with tank, dps and heals for stealth-zerging nodes.

3 XS - Freighters for area control.

This feels like a very balanced group.

Not if I can avoid it. Sawbones are far stronger and Seers bring far more utility. I'll definitely be going for Seer + Sawbones for the healers.

I'd also take Shadows over Scoundrel DPS every time. There is nothing a Scoundrel can do that a Shadow can't do better except offhealing - and even then taunts are just as valuable.

So....

Healers: Sawbones. Seer.

Tanks: Shadow, Vigilance-Soresu Guardian.

DPS: Gunslinger, Sentinel, Assault Vanguard

Last slot is more flexible and can be either: another Shadow/Sentinel/Gunslinger or a Hybrd Healer (probably Sawbones-Scrapper, as 3 stealth in a team is nice.)

No offense man, but based on ur no combat-medic and the fact u think shadows can do everything scoundrels can, but ur reality needs a checking

For anything else

4 Tanksins

3 Op healers

1 Marauder

(Everyone is either a "Tank" or is guarded with taunts flying around everywhere. Mara is there simply to provide healing debuff and predation. Enough damage to focus down targets and Maximum survivability and escape options for everyone. Impossible to kite/interupt any of them vs 4 pulls and all Instant cast abilities.)

Seems to me like this is a very difficult group to take down, but at the same time is very slow to kill its own targets. It would be extremely frustrating to play against this group, almost as frustrating as playing in it.

Heals: Sage + Scoundrel

Tanks: Guardian (middle tree, tank stance), Shadow (23/1/17 with instant lift)

DPS: Assault VG, Sentinel, Dirty Slinger, Scrapper.

2 Pulls, and 2 runners for HB.

3-man stealth team with tank, dps and heals for stealth-zerging nodes.

3 XS - Freighters for area control.

This feels like a very balanced group.

That type of group seems to be coming up a lot. Almost exactly the same as mine, and the only difference from the OP's setup is a Commando/Shadow swap.

2 Tankassins

2 annihilation marauders

2 pyrotechs

2 combat medic ops

Just toying with the idea. The thing is I don't think there will be a BEST team, because there will be a team that can counter whatever BEST team you can come up with. It's going to come down to organization more often than not.

2 Tankassins

2 annihilation marauders

2 pyrotechs

2 combat medic ops

Just toying with the idea. The thing is I don't think there will be a BEST team, because there will be a team that can counter whatever BEST team you can come up with. It's going to come down to organization more often than not.

I'm not saying there is a best team. Hence I mentioned what is your DREAM team. I am well aware that other external factors will come into play like player abilities and the ability to efficiently FF a target while controlling incoming damage and cc'ing other healers. The team that can ff and control other players the best will have the upper advantage in CW and Novare Coast. Voidstar is too small now to dent any decent team. Huttball will be decided on key use of class abilities.

I'm not going to talk about strats. Will leave that to all you leaders out there to use your own. But I do think it's safe to talk about what composition you would use. So let me get it started.

3 healers, 1 tank and 4 dps

1 Sage

1 Scoundrel Healer (to move with the other stealth player if necessary)

1 combat medic

1 guardian (ball runner)

1 sentinel

1 sniper

1 AS VG

1 Scoundrel Dps (For scouting and ninja'ing); I'm in 2 minds on this one for a Shadow

Still a work in progress. Obviously there are some classes I would prefer to have for different game modes but I think this is a common fit.

4 Marauders

1 Operative healer

1 Sorc Healer

2 PT Tanks for guard

I'd say:

3 healers

3 dps

2 tanks

Any can be of any class composition really. With a few rules:

Only 1 healer can be operative/scoundrel. (More reduces probe effectiveness sorc/merc healers even 2 of each is ok)

Must have 1 mara/sent . 2 more whatever pure dps spec is good (minus gimp specs and no hybrids)

No powertech tanks out of those 2 they are horrible all around in tank spec. One of the tanks can have dps gear.

I laughed when somebody said powertech tank pyro. Such thing does not exist, either tank or pyro can't do both sorry.

Edit: a lot of people seem to try to maximize for hutt ball having max pullers/throwers. Not a good strat overall since hutt ball is only 1 out of 4, and in other 3 pulls/throws are only marginally useful at best.

Above all though, mostly War Hero gear is a must at this point. Mouse clickers do not belong in rated.

Edited by KonstantinT

High survivability combined with high burst dps. I would consider switching the marauder out for a sniper, but the roots & +80% run speed buff are too valuable to be without. Sorcerer healers are ideal as if the enemy dps output is too manageable they can turn into AoE spammers.

1. Juggernaut: Tank
  2. Assassin: Tank
  3. Sorcerer: Heals
  4. Sorcerer : Heals
  5. Operative: Heals
  6. Powertech: Pyrotech
  7. Powertech: Pyrotech
  8. Marauder: Carnage

I think when all the dust settles the best teams on all servers will look something like this

1 Scoundral/op Healer Str- Vanish and Soft cast heals (no cast time) makes them extremly difficult to kill b/c they can not be interrupted as easy as other healers as well as oh **** button get out of jail free.

2 Commado/Merc Healer Str- Heavy armour and Reactive shield, Very hard to kill while gaurded and cross healed

3 Sent/Mara Str - Sustained DPS due to Recourse mechanic,(they never run out of steam while most other classes run out of resources in sustained fights)

4 Sent/Mara Str Sustained DPS due to Recourse mechanic, (they never run out of steam while most other classes run out of resources in sustained fights)

5 Smash-sweep Gaurdian/Jug Str Sustained DPS due to Recourse mechanic,(they never run out of steam while most other classes run out of resources in sustained fights). Also can taunt both single and AE to protect allies without guarding

6 Assualt-Pyro Vanguard/Powertech Str Biggest short range burst class in the game Also can taunt both single and AE to protect allies without guarding

7 Tank Shadow/Sin Str Incredible Utility coupled with decent Dps and Very good Survivabilty

8 Gunslinger/ Sniper or DPS sage/sorc interchangeable Str- Both have incredible ranged DPS. Sage has great utility Sniper has better durability in group setting.

Dps mercs are sub par. They bring nothing to the table that a Sniper or Vanguard cant bring

Sage Healers are far too squishy and in a group setting they are too easy to kill compared to the other 2 healers thus are a liability (yes their output is exccelent but no point in having great output when your dead)

DPS scoundrels have been nerfed far too much in previous patches and while they are good they don't realy bring anything to the table that a Shadow/sin already has and there DPS nor their personal survivability is not quite up to Marauder status.

Edited by Stavroz
gramma