FULL AUTO AND MORTAR VOLLEY: Blatantly Broken

Potfish

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any issues with mortar volley, I usually use it as an opener anyway. Now, I haven't played any pvp yet, so obviously the already stated issues on that side I cannot relate to.

However, I have noticed the disparity between the two abilities. Namely, I don't get interrupted and lose channeling with mortar volley like I do with full auto. Basically, the only time I even bother to use full auto is paired with cryo grenade. It's the only way to get the full attack off in combat. This may be intended, but with it being one my highest damaging abilities... it's mildly annoying.

I think we're going about this the wrong way. Instead of posting threads and videos about multiple abilities, you should just focus on one broken one at a time, because you're losing the idiots who are saying things like "It's just an animation issue" and so on. Well that's fine, for mortar volley, but they're missing the real problem here.

Full auto does less damage for trooper than it does for the bounty hunter. Period. End of argument. Even with the commando's THREE POINT TALENT, you still have a chance to lose your third attack if you get hit by anything during full auto. Anything. 1 point of damage from an area effect attack, some scrub enemy hitting you for 1 point of damage. Think about that, you just lost 33% of the damage of the attack that the gunnery spec's rotation is 50% built around.

No matter how many times the bounty hunter gets hit using the exact same ability, they get all three ticks of damage FOR NO TALENT COST.

TL:DR it costs a trooper three talent points to ALMOST be as effective as a trooper in a single target fight. PvP or PvE.

What's up with the people attacking the poster anyhow? At least he made a video for it (not talking to the guy above me :p ), well made or not. And yes it was extremely annoying. Edit: the pushback, not his video :X Edited by TehMerc

-Two separate classes. Trying to say that abilities from different classes should be the exact same because they look/name similar is foolish. You have no idea of what balancing issues BW had in mind for how these abilities work. The class is more than just the sum of one/two abilities.

-Read what I said, there is a difference between "channeled" and "concentrated." Full Auto is a concentrated spell.

The point he's trying to make is that these abilities ARE mirrors but that the trooper's versions are buggy and busted.

Which I agree with.

I noticed the inconsistencies when I played, as well. Full Auto begins channeling before it begins firing. Mortar Volley does the same, and in fact appears even worse off... a full round fires after the channeling is complete.

These need to synch up more. They should be "tighter" in terms of activation time and what is represented by the channeling bar. It just looks unfinished, unpolished, like it is now.

YES! thank you OP, ive meant to make this exact same video and post because this issue really bothers the ***** out of me... hope bioware fix it soon.

Would they just copy/paste animation from hail of bolts to motar volly it would be fixed, not sure what they messed up with full auto tho, but cant be hard to do what they did on the BH can it? :/

-heimdal

Or the Troopers are balanced and the BH are too over-powered, don't expect that they'll resolve this with a buff.

It simply means something is not working as intended. If they solve it, it will balance the classes, if they don't, shame on them.

Edited by Requimo

-Two separate classes. Trying to say that abilities from different classes should be the exact same because they look/name similar is foolish. You have no idea of what balancing issues BW had in mind for how these abilities work. The class is more than just the sum of one/two abilities.

-Read what I said, there is a difference between "channeled" and "concentrated." Full Auto is a concentrated spell.

Are you even playing this game? Trooper and Bounty Hunter are two mirrored classes, they have the EXACT same spells, with different visuals. Please try both classes and see the difference before posting utter nonsense

Bump for update to original post.

Anyway, as one of the YouTube comments said, these imbalances also mean the Trooper should never use Full Auto when taking any sort of damage because pushback makes the ability useless. It could be argued that this is a good thing because it adds an element of skill to the game, but that's not the problem... the issue is that Unload does not have this vulnerability.

Bump for update to original post.

Anyway, as one of the YouTube comments said, these imbalances also mean the Trooper should never use Full Auto when taking any sort of damage because pushback makes the ability useless. It could be argued that this is a good thing because it adds an element of skill to the game, but that's not the problem... the issue is that Unload does not have this vulnerability.

Agreed, I would definitely use Full Auto and Mortar Volley if both were fixed or made out to be on par with the Bounty Hunter's respective abilities.

Because of the Induction time on Death from Above, I find that I see more BH's using Death from Above in very basic scenarios as compared to Troopers barely using Mortar Volley except in Objective PvP which shouldn't be the case.

Again as some people have said in this thread, they are suppose to be mirrors of each other and OP's vidoe clearly shows they aren't. Fix please.

Ummm, they are mirrored. That means the Bounty Hunter is the Evil version of Trooper.

Have you ever seen Star Trek and evil Kirk?

The classes are the same, they should be no difference with the moves.