FULL AUTO AND MORTAR VOLLEY: Blatantly Broken

Potfish

epic statement

empire players say republic got advantage

republic players say republic got adavantage

john doe say all classes are OP

maybe just L2P !

Try learning from an English book ripped in two while your fellow student gets a whole one then you will know our pain.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not following you. You can clearly see when the damage hits in that vid for Mortar Volley. MV and DFA are ground target AE.

I think he is referring to the the issue with stock strike and what the videos show.. ie. that the damage is shown on the enemies health bar quite quickly but the damage numbers are delayed for some reason. I would like to see a video like that, were they also slow it down a little as well so we can see the time inbetween the cast, damage registered, and damage numbers.

I don't think this is the case though, having watched both death from above and mortar volley you can see a very noticeable difference in cast times and damage being registered and mv is lagged in comparison.. also with mv if you time it wrong you can actually cancel that last shot even after the channel has finished.

i also played BM for comparison and their skills just do feel a lot smother and more responsive.

and just forget the troll, i think by now the wealth of posts makes the issue undeniable by all but the most ignorant of trolls

Edited by jewel

Actually reported this as a bug in-game now, and got the "this will be forwarded to the correct department blabla"

Surely can't be the first one to do this. If you haven't already, I suggest you do, as I doubt any devs actually read these forums.

Hopefully we'll get a fix soon :)

really annoying this thread won't die since the OP took down his video... bump.

It's really annoying that people deny the problem exists. Sure the guy took down the video but anyone can test the differences by getting a trooper to lvl 3 and a bh to lvl 3 and use full auto on the trooper and unload on the bh.

i was playing mercenary before making vanguard toon, i just assumed that trooper were crying/whining about this non-existent issue. until i tried this abilities myself, all the complaints are true. mortar volley has too much delay, full auto is not that but annoying.

You are dead on right. With them not working correctly it totally messes things up.

My Trooper is only level 21 at the moment, but I logged into the forum today in search of an answer as to why my class seems so slow to respond when other classes don't seem to have the delay....

But having read this thread, it looks like my Trooper aint the Trooper I thought he could be, he is broke!

Glad I found the thread and hope that it is something that is going to be addressed as I really like the Trooper class, but will have to rethink how I build up my skill tree to better tank around in the back ground offering support.

Still better than blue milk!

Edited by Endek

I think we are taking this bug like a trooper

Im sure if this was a force class we'd have a 200 page thread

These 30ish pages do nothing to illustrate how buggy and broken these skills are, they always fire very late and sometimes you get a castbar an animation and a cooldown but 0 damage from the ability.

Please fix this!

-Two separate classes. Trying to say that abilities from different classes should be the exact same because they look/name similar is foolish. You have no idea of what balancing issues BW had in mind for how these abilities work. The class is more than just the sum of one/two abilities.

-Read what I said, there is a difference between "channeled" and "concentrated." Full Auto is a concentrated spell.

Translation

"In my last post, I showed I was unfamiliar with the workings of trooper abilities. In this post I will now show I am unfamiliar with the concept of a 'mirror class.'"

Thank you for your time, actual gameplay proves your initial point wrong, statements made by the developers proves your second point wrong. I think you're done here.

Translation

"In my last post, I showed I was unfamiliar with the workings of trooper abilities. In this post I will now show I am unfamiliar with the concept of a 'mirror class.'"

Thank you for your time, actual gameplay proves your initial point wrong, statements made by the developers proves your second point wrong. I think you're done here.

I'm fairly positive that in later posts he admitted the error of his ways, after all.... we're 33 pages in now lol, clearly not enough for Bioware to fix the problems, but 33 pages in nonetheless.

Edited by Drakiir

Don't care too much about mortar volley, would be nice too.

However Full Auto not working is very game breaking in pvp, especially considering BHs dont have a version that takes a year to deploy and when it finally deploys, should the wind slightly breeze your way, you lose one tick which is 33% of the damage AND slowing duration on the target.

Edited by Fryseboks

There's really an insane amount of Republic abilities that have problematic animations compared to their Empire counterparts. Not saying there's any favoritism, just that there's some excessively poor design choices coupled with some extremely poor testing going on behind the scenes.