RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

its ok Ycoga, i take it you have remade the RDC? looking forward to crossing swords with you

old guild member

Cia'kenda

Great - my alt is called Trik over there - lets keep in touch!

Edited by Ycoga

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great - my alt is called Trik over there - lets keep in touch!

cool, keep an eye out on Wraith, he my main, in Infinitum, Rp sith guild, good guys, Also your not the top of my list, i see Bastion have made the move, i'll be hunting Smash

Seriously guys? The new server isn't bad. People act the same as on Calypho and you can do RP all day long. I really don't see the point here.

Yes, seriously. You want a PvP environment, they want a RP environment. There is no RP environment on a PvP-only server. What's so hard to understand about that?

Seriously guys? The new server isn't bad. People act the same as on Calypho and you can do RP all day long. I really don't see the point here.

Have you actually played on TofN? Even the PvP aspect of the server is suffering with the massive pop, unless you think having GCD several times for one skill is a good thing.

If the PvP server is struggling to cope with PvP'ers, god help us RPers.

If the PvP server is struggling to cope with PvP'ers, god help us RPers.

God helps those who help themselves (or at least so I've heard; don't really give the big guy much more thought than Santa Claus myself), so I will say again. Calmly, but in a firm tone:

Bioware,

We appreciate that you found and shared with us a reasonable solution for many of those who had characters on the Lord Calypho EU RP-PVP (English) server, but there were many of us for whom the solution was not tenable. Those of us who chose not to accept your one solution to our unique problem on Lord Calypho did so because we originally rolled on an RP-PVP server to reap the benefits of both open-world PVP and an RP-friendly environment, and transferring to The Tomb of Freedon Nadd would accomplish neither for us, as open-world PVP is nearly non-existent, and the server has shown both through anecdotal and direct evidence to be well under the limits of maturity and consideration we set for ourselves on Lord Calypho. Furthermore, to leave us on our origin server, as you suggested in your last post, is also not a reasonable solution. We bought and paid for, and continue to pay for, a Massively Multi-Player Online RPG, and a total server population for both factions of less than 100 people during peak play times does not lend itself to the advantages of playing anything described as "massive", and means that we can seldom, if ever, participate in much of the content your team has worked so vigorously to provide us.

Based on those facts, and a diligent search for a solution that does not break any known existing Bioware policy, we respectfully, yet insistently, request for you to open server transfers from The Tomb of Freedon Nadd to The Progenitor and allow those of us who wish to transfer to the RP-conducive environment on The Progenitor to transfer once to the Tomb of Freedon Nadd, wait our requisite 72 hours, then transfer to The Progenitor as our final destination, also allowing any others who wish to transfer from the Tomb of Freedon Nadd to The Progenitor to do so. We also humbly ask that if you have a more elegant solution that allows those of us who remained on Lord Calypho, as well as those who transferred from here to the Tomb of Freedon Nadd because they felt as if they had no viable alternate, to transfer to The Progenitor as our final destination, you share it with us and implement it posthaste.

We appreciate you taking the time to listen and respond to our concerns, and trust that you will understand the urgency and severity of our currently unacceptable situation, and take the actions necessary to remedy it.

Sincerely,

The Lord Calypho RP Community

Edited by misterME

Having my post moderated is fine so will keep posting on topic I feel i was forced into my move to the most horrible community ever on tofn its like a hive for kids i want the option now to move back to the lord or the The Progenitor

I'm finding the community on the Progenitor to be active, vibrant and welcoming to the Calypho refugees. I just wish someone would let me move my already established characters here *glares at Bioware*.

They severed our community off at the wrist, they created this issue, the least they could do is offer us a band-aid.

Edited by Ellren

I'm finding the community on the Progenitor to be active, vibrant and welcoming to the Calypho refugees. I just wish someone would let me move my already established characters here *glares at Bioware*.

They severed our community off at the wrist, they created this issue, the least they could do is offer us a band-aid.

Strange, I thought the issue was created when community forced BW to have RP-PVP servers :rolleyes:

But anyway, good luck ! :)

Today I saw a Jedi Shadow force speed backwards.

A scrapper scoundrel opened on me and followed with a blind, which he himself immediately removed by damaging me, without pause, leaving me with a full resolve.

And to top it all off, Midway and I not only held our own againt 5 republic players in voidstar, we actually managed to beat them... 2 vs 5.

Some quality pvp on that server.

Edited by Majspuffen

God helps those who help themselves (or at least so I've heard; don't really give the big guy much more thought than Santa Claus myself), so I will say again. Calmly, but in a firm tone:

Bioware,

We appreciate that you found and shared with us a reasonable solution for many of those who had characters on the Lord Calypho EU RP-PVP (English) server, but there were many of us for whom the solution was not tenable. Those of us who chose not to accept your one solution to our unique problem on Lord Calypho did so because we originally rolled on an RP-PVP server to reap the benefits of both open-world PVP and an RP-friendly environment, and transferring to The Tomb of Freedon Nadd would accomplish neither for us, as open-world PVP is nearly non-existent, and the server has shown both through anecdotal and direct evidence to be well under the limits of maturity and consideration we set for ourselves on Lord Calypho. Furthermore, to leave us on our origin server, as you suggested in your last post, is also not a reasonable solution. We bought and paid for, and continue to pay for, a Massively Multi-Player Online RPG, and a total server population for both factions of less than 100 people during peak play times does not lend itself to the advantages of playing anything described as "massive", and means that we can seldom, if ever, participate in much of the content your team has worked so vigorously to provide us.

Based on those facts, and a diligent search for a solution that does not break any known existing Bioware policy, we respectfully, yet insistently, request for you to open server transfers from The Tomb of Freedon Nadd to The Progenitor and allow those of us who wish to transfer to the RP-conducive environment on The Progenitor to transfer once to the Tomb of Freedon Nadd, wait our requisite 72 hours, then transfer to The Progenitor as our final destination, also allowing any others who wish to transfer from the Tomb of Freedon Nadd to The Progenitor to do so. We also humbly ask that if you have a more elegant solution that allows those of us who remained on Lord Calypho, as well as those who transferred from here to the Tomb of Freedon Nadd because they felt as if they had no viable alternate, to transfer to The Progenitor as our final destination, you share it with us and implement it posthaste.

We appreciate you taking the time to listen and respond to our concerns, and trust that you will understand the urgency and severity of our currently unacceptable situation, and take the actions necessary to remedy it.

Sincerely,

If someone from Bioware actually reads posts on this thread, please read this one carefully

Bioware,

Sincerely,

well said and I agree, I'm ghosting around on LC- i really dont play a mmoRPg now at all. But from what I read it is better than playing on TOFN, atleast for them former LC players.

btw, BioWare.. right now there are 28 players online on the entire republic side..

Edited by eclipce

This is starting to become a joke! are Bioware really fully aware of how many people it is going to lose soon? I've be playing this game since Beta and I expected some problem's but WOW!!!

BIOWARE!!! please listen to the role players of the LC Server!! We need that RP transfer!

My Knight is crying over there he's so lonely! he and my Sith Warrior have even started to talk to each other!

My bounty hunters retired cause there no jobs, my imperial agent is stuck on Tattoine for so long alone he's talking to himself... not much change there really he was always a bit odd... My Sorceror is dancing on tabletop's to make enough money for her next meal, and I really am not going to tell you what My troopers got up to!!! lets just say she really loves her gun!

it's like the Jedi knights story line in there but where he failed!!! there's only a few of us left!!!! save us from this Horror!

The point I'm making here for me and for others gamer here, is that moving to a PvP server will kill our Role playing Experance, I know some people say go give it a go but no I would rather shield my friend and me from all the name calling and raging that role playing would get on a PvP server, also and this is the big one! Some of us have a number of toon's that are either level 50 or close and restarting them on a new server will not only mean we have to go through the story line yet again, we will also have to start all our hard work from the start, if people told Bioware they had to start this game from scratch don't you think you'd be a little Pee'd off too?

This is starting to become a joke! are Bioware really fully aware of how many people it is going to lose soon? I've be playing this game since Beta and I expected some problem's but WOW!!!

BIOWARE!!! please listen to the role players of the LC Server!! We need that RP transfer!

My Knight is crying over there he's so lonely! he and my Sith Warrior have even started to talk to each other!

My bounty hunters retired cause there no jobs, my imperial agent is stuck on Tattoine for so long alone he's talking to himself... not much change there really he was always a bit odd... My Sorceror is dancing on tabletop's to make enough money for her next meal, and I really am not going to tell you what My troopers got up to!!! lets just say she really loves her gun!

it's like the Jedi knights story line in there but where he failed!!! there's only a few of us left!!!! save us from this Horror!

The point I'm making here for me and for others gamer here, is that moving to a PvP server will kill our Role playing Experance, I know some people say go give it a go but no I would rather shield my friend and me from all the name calling and raging that role playing would get on a PvP server, also and this is the big one! Some of us have a number of toon's that are either level 50 or close and restarting them on a new server will not only mean we have to go through the story line yet again, we will also have to start all our hard work from the start, if people told Bioware they had to start this game from scratch don't you think you'd be a little Pee'd off too?

It's not a joke they need to do meetings to take decisions and the right people need to be there, then it's probably going up to EA somewhere else, ... it takes time.

And well really, I'm not trying to be rude, I hope you'll get what you want but I don't think you are that many.

I must admit, few days ago i transfered my main char from Lord Calypho to Tomb because LC became ghost server. I am not hard core rp player but i like good rp environment ( in every game i played including WOW my chars was always on rp-pvp servers) and my main interest is pvp so TOFN was not bad solution, but... last night in a warzone match in my tim was a guy called "Anakinkill" legacy name "Vaider", on fleet you can see jedi guadian with name "Jedikiller" so jedi who is also a jedi killer... and many other "good" names for a star wars universe. This is a horror :rak_04: Now i know that the transfer was a mistake, server is full and that is ok but the feeling is bad

It's not a joke they need to do meetings to take decisions and the right people need to be there, then it's probably going up to EA somewhere else, ... it takes time.

And well really, I'm not trying to be rude, I hope you'll get what you want but I don't think you are that many.

we were once :( once we were legion *crys in a corner for a bit then hits the classic Captian Kirk pose* ******AAANNNNNNNNN.... *cough* sorry BIOOOOWAAARRRREEEEE!

Edited by Istarain

So now that you know officialy from Bioware Devs that there are no RP rules, that RP is just a "label" (just as I said) and that RPing can be done anywhere, perhaps you all can pipe down and just RP on the server they gave you.

Or perhaps some attempt at a witty analogy about clothes shops that has nothing to do with the situation will help here and save the almighty RP.

RP is where you are, you either are into it or you aren't...server labels are merely a general beacon.

So now that you know officialy from Bioware Devs that there are no RP rules, that RP is just a "label" (just as I said) and that RPing can be done anywhere, perhaps you all can pipe down and just RP on the server they gave you.

Or perhaps some attempt at a witty analogy about clothes shops that has nothing to do with the situation will help here and save the almighty RP.

RP is where you are, you either are into it or you aren't...server labels are merely a general beacon.

You'd still look pretty

So let me ask you this how was your move ?

I would argue that there's been nearly three weeks for meetings and that time has now passed, if I procrastinated as much as these guys do not only would the business I work for be in trouble but I'd find myself out of a job.

The time has come for feedback one way or the other from the developers thats all i want at this point really...another yellow post saying thanks for your patience while we solve nothing and charge you £9 for the privilege is not going to cut it.

I call you on trolling here but I'll reply-

yes, of/c you can have rp on whatever server, however there will be VERY few and once people start to leave the rest of the rp community will follow, and you wont get any new rp'rs becasue they will go to a rp server. There is a huge difference on servers with or without server type tags - perhaps if you had any interest in rp you would know this, but you do now.

Edited by eclipce

Merely a general beacon?

Right. So if I wanted to roleplay, what server would you suggest?

You would do what the RP community would have done had Bioware opted to skip any RP labels(beacons), designate one as RP and commenced RPing.

So, pick one, put in some effort (I know..what the hell) and invite others...and then RP.

It really is that simple.

There is a huge difference on servers with or without server type tags - perhaps if you had any interest in rp you would know this, but you do now.

I call BS, all of my characters are on RP or RP-PVP (US). There is no more Rping going on those servers as the one PVE (did it before transfers to have someone to play with). In fact, there was more RPing on a traditional PVE server than I ever saw on 4 RP designated servers.

RP labels on servers have always meant one thing...Not so terrible names and after Mythic stopped enforcing that policy in Dark Age of Camelot the last MMO that had a REAL RP designation, died.

Spare me what you think I am and understand that RP is and always will be from now on, what you make of it.

Edited by Temad

Merely a general beacon?

Right. So if I wanted to roleplay, what server would you suggest?

Why clearly, a PVP server!

You would do what the RP community would have done had Bioware opted to skip any RP labels(beacons), designate one as RP and commenced RPing.

You do realize that there is no community to be had if people don't meet each other through RP first, right? So uh... what? How would anyone know where to go in order to meet fellow RP'ers? Through forum posts? If you think that'd work, then you've clearly never been in a decent RP community.

As for the current situation, there is already a place where people would like to move, knowing that the community there shares their RP preference. That's where the majority of RP'ers on the EU servers are. Attempting to create a whole new community consisting of a dead server's remnants, on an overpopulated server --whose vast majority not only isn't interested in RP but also mocks it-- is the least practical solution to ever be considered.

Edited by Kiyosa