Whoever wrote the imperial agent story...

Tyranox

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I thought was a bad call - not bad writing because I think I understand their concept for doing it - was making Kaliyo a companion instead of being able to fight her and kill her.

They gave her so much plot armor by allowing her to be your companion and was probably the worst call they could have made. Maybe I don't understand the Empire very well, but generally speaking as an Intelligence organization of any faction, you don't let someone into your ranks who is a known defector and liar.

Practically everything about her is anti Imperial Agent - she hates authority and she hates following orders. And only when you choose to say the dumbest things - things that would probably get you suspended and investigated in Intelligence agencies - she likes a lot. So that proves it further.

Like I said, not bad writing because I understand they wanted something eccentric to happen I think? But just a bad call that leaves me constantly thinking "why the **** is she with me. I want to interrogate her and kill her".

P.S. And someone in guild said "She fits with me just fine. I don't follow the rules".

I really don't understand why they allow you to play like that. It's honestly stupid. We're not mercenaries, or smugglers for hire - or anything like that. We're supposed to be trained by the Empire for the purpose of following orders to do even the darkest of requests. Not act like a tough guy and "not follow the rules". Just stupid calls in that department.

Edited by Mackuss

I want to kiss you , it is the best story hands down and if you don't believe me play it.

only level 14, but not sure where this great story is TBH. Seems so far a bunch of gibberish filler stuff, i see no hidden story like in KOTAR, some secret past you must on cover, etc

only level 14, but not sure where this great story is TBH. Seems so far a bunch of gibberish filler stuff, i see no hidden story like in KOTAR, some secret past you must on cover, etc

Hahahahaha. Keep going man. End of chapter 1 was O_O

The only thing I thought was a bad call - not bad writing because I think I understand their concept for doing it - was making Kaliyo a companion instead of being able to fight her and kill her.

They gave her so much plot armor by allowing her to be your companion and was probably the worst call they could have made. Maybe I don't understand the Empire very well, but generally speaking as an Intelligence organization of any faction, you don't let someone into your ranks who is a known defector and liar.

Practically everything about her is anti Imperial Agent - she hates authority and she hates following orders. And only when you choose to say the dumbest things - things that would probably get you suspended and investigated in Intelligence agencies - she likes a lot. So that proves it further.

Like I said, not bad writing because I understand they wanted something eccentric to happen I think? But just a bad call that leaves me constantly thinking "why the **** is she with me. I want to interrogate her and kill her".

P.S. And someone in guild said "She fits with me just fine. I don't follow the rules".

I really don't understand why they allow you to play like that. It's honestly stupid. We're not mercenaries, or smugglers for hire - or anything like that. We're supposed to be trained by the Empire for the purpose of following orders to do even the darkest of requests. Not act like a tough guy and "not follow the rules". Just stupid calls in that department.

Really? Having your own thread about this wasnt enough? You posted it in here too?

You do realize that things differ in attitude depending on your level of professionalism, right? If you are good agent - you are good agent and priceless to your chief. Thats it. Nobody cares how you speak or attitude til' you don't mess things up.

Ending of Act 1, beginning of Act. Going to Quesh now.

Story is insane!! (Literally) ;P

I want to Only do the class story but then I'll get too underleveled for the areas. :/

P.S... To the guy thats lvl 14. You haven't done anything yet, it picks up, like all good stories do.

I want to kiss you , it is the best story hands down and if you don't believe me play it.

I freaking love -- LOVE -- my agent. I'm playing the male agent and he totally gives me the feel of being James Bond. The story is great and I get so sad/upset when I'm tired and can't play him anymore. Server downtime drives me nuts.

I've never enjoyed a character this much, ever. I wonder if the feel is different with the female agent? I totally have a crush on mine.

I freaking love -- LOVE -- my agent. I'm playing the male agent and he totally gives me the feel of being James Bond. The story is great and I get so sad/upset when I'm tired and can't play him anymore. Server downtime drives me nuts.

I've never enjoyed a character this much, ever. I wonder if the feel is different with the female agent? I totally have a crush on mine.

The female counterpart has a very good story line. Much like the males, but the dialog is female oriented. Ha! There are some parts where the NPC kind of patronize the female IA (barefoot and prego in kitchen), but she soon b*tchslaps them out of that kind of thinking....now if i could only get Kaliyo to kiss her...hmm.

My only beef with the very early Agent story (I'm currently level 6) is the way she only talks without her Imperial Accent in the class quest cut scenes.

Hey, you're supposed to be undercover, stop talking in two accents!

You read too much teen fiction if you think every main character needs a secret past.

Intelligence services including the CIA have been caught working with criminals including assassination plots of heads of state (CASTRO CUBA, CIA). So that aspect isn't unrealistic at all. The level of information she's allowed perhaps but then that would be classified.

• 5 months later...
Intelligence services including the CIA have been caught working with criminals including assassination plots of heads of state (CASTRO CUBA, CIA). So that aspect isn't unrealistic at all. The level of information she's allowed perhaps but then that would be classified.

This is right. Kaliyo's in your group for the sake of plausible deniability; if you act against the Republic, the Empire can just say "this radical terrorist did it".

I agree, just finished Chap. 3 yesterday and was sorry it ended.

I really worked hard to finish my agent, no help, empty server but it made it worth it.

Imperial Agent's story line is classic and I really love kaliyo's attitude..

I didn't love it as much as most people seem to. You spend the entire story getting kicked around by everyone you meet and there just wasn't enough of an emotional payoff for that to have been worthwhile. After what they do to you in chapter 2 I was even more angry at intelligence than I was at hunter or kothe, but I was given no opportunity to exact retribution. Chapter 3 felt a little flat for me because of all the situations they forced me into when my inclination would have been to tell them to go screw themselves, or to simply play along while working toward my own ends.

I have now finished five of the class stories (knight, smuggler, consular, inquisitor, agent). To me, the Agent story evokes slightly more emotion than the others, but it's not an emotion I prefer to wallow in for four days /played without something more at the end to make it all worthwhile. All of the class stories are good of course, but I think this one will end up smack in the middle if I ever rank them.

Edited by Yare