Worth playing?

theUndead

the story is really good so far. i'm at level 42.

as for fun, i'm running an operative in the concealment tree and am having a blast being all stealthy and stabby. it's a lot more fun than i thought it would be. my main is a Sorc Healer and this is way different. it's a half melee and half ranged. it sounds dumb, but it works. really happy i went this way.

I've done JK, SW, Trooper and Agent, and thought the Agent story was AWESOME! So many twists and turns, even right up to the very end, I was expecting another twist! I would heartily recommend it to everyone.

There are other threads about it, almost everyone agrees the agent story is amazing. I wish I had done it first.

Edited by ChrisRedmond

IA is my favorite story for sure. I've got two Agents at 50. I've also played a Bounty Hunter and Consular to 50, and Smuggler to level 30. As for for what AC to go with, depends on what you want to do. Operatives are great healers, and Concealment is really fun for leveling. Snipers are great ranged dps, some people aren't fond of the Cover thing though.

The agent is my favorite story out of all that I've played. Hands down. The other stories are okay, but agent is absolutely riveting.

As far as spec goes, I like both. Operative is an okay PVE healer, a pretty good PVP healer. (And an okay PVP DPS...not so great at PVE DPS.) Sniper is great PVP and PVE DPS.

So good stuff all around, unless you want to tank.

Anyone who tries to tell you that the Agents of the game are kind of sub-characters clearly haven't played one yet. This story is AWESOME as anyone who has ever played an agent will tell you. If you ever think you have an idea on where the story is going... sorry, you're most likely not even close.

As for classes, it just depends how you like to play. As you said, Operatives are very stealth-stabby friendly, although you dont get that opening until later levels. Ops are very up close and personal, as your Assassin would be. Ops are great healers too, and anyone who says otherwise hasn't played one yet or is still stuck on the Sorc/Sage stuff. I have a healer and I love that I can bring him into PvP just as much as I can run HMs with him. I'm pretty biased towards an Op healer and of course would suggest you go that way, but that's just me.

Sipers are more of the ranged turrets of the game. I dont know what other alts you have, but I'd compare a Sniper mostly to a Commando, in the sense that they aren't all /too/ mobile and hang back to just mow people down. The big thing Snipers have is their cover stops others from jumping to them, being pushed back, or pulled too, which anyone will tell you is an amazing thing to have in PvP, especially Huttball.

Honestly though, just play whoever you want. The story is good enough where it's not out of the question to play two at the same time with one going light and one going dark just so you can see how your choices actually effect certain things in the story. This is probably the one story where you can say that there /are/ certain differences that your choices can make here and there.

The IA story is, in my opinion, one of the best stories in the game.

Snipers are good dps, and operatives are good pvp and pve healers. Sadly, operative dps is pretty sub-par at the moment. You can scrape by in pvp but if you're going to pve then expect to basically do nothing but healing as nobody will take an operative dps over any other kind of dps.

Anyone who tries to tell you that the Agents of the game are kind of sub-characters clearly haven't played one yet. This story is AWESOME as anyone who has ever played an agent will tell you. If you ever think you have an idea on where the story is going... sorry, you're most likely not even close.

As for classes, it just depends how you like to play. As you said, Operatives are very stealth-stabby friendly, although you dont get that opening until later levels. Ops are very up close and personal, as your Assassin would be. Ops are great healers too, and anyone who says otherwise hasn't played one yet or is still stuck on the Sorc/Sage stuff. I have a healer and I love that I can bring him into PvP just as much as I can run HMs with him. I'm pretty biased towards an Op healer and of course would suggest you go that way, but that's just me.

Sipers are more of the ranged turrets of the game. I dont know what other alts you have, but I'd compare a Sniper mostly to a Commando, in the sense that they aren't all /too/ mobile and hang back to just mow people down. The big thing Snipers have is their cover stops others from jumping to them, being pushed back, or pulled too, which anyone will tell you is an amazing thing to have in PvP, especially Huttball.

Honestly though, just play whoever you want. The story is good enough where it's not out of the question to play two at the same time with one going light and one going dark just so you can see how your choices actually effect certain things in the story. This is probably the one story where you can say that there /are/ certain differences that your choices can make here and there.

Agree 100%. I have sage (healer), vanguard, gunslinger and sorcerer (dps) - all at 50. But i find playing my operative more and more these days (she is level 25 only).

Well everyone covered the game play, Now for the real question...Male or Female........I've played both the storyline fells like it was made more for a male toon more then a female toon but I love the female voice. as a male you well have more Flirt options IMO. The story line is one of the best in the game, not saying more then that dont want to spoil it.....

Operative has several things going for it:

- best story in the game by far

- least played class (that I could tell) - this really shines when raiding, you get all the agent drops.

- Stealth and CC.

- PvP friends love the class. Some rolled it just for PvP.

When it comes to male or female, play what you generally enjoy more and I think you'll be fine. They seem to both be awesome. Yeah, as male you get a few more romance/one-night-stand options, but I don't know if that's exactly a decided factor for most people. Femme agent gets a lot more than any Jedi class, male or female :rolleyes:

Well everyone covered the game play, Now for the real question...Male or Female........I've played both the storyline fells like it was made more for a male toon more then a female toon but I love the female voice. as a male you well have more Flirt options IMO. The story line is one of the best in the game, not saying more then that dont want to spoil it.....

I've played both too and agree that it feels like it was made for a male toon, but that it's isn't so different that it's a huge deal.

You do get more one night stands and flirts as a male agent as well as two romancable companions. So that's nice. But honestly, I liked the female love interest better anyway...(Vector is pretty awesome) and some of their one night stands rock as well. (Okay, just Saganu. But most male one night stands also suck pretty badly. Did anyone else think that the game deliberately made most of the one night stands hilariously bad?)

I'm also going to throw in that some parts of the game are seriously more squicky as a female agent than a male agent.

Master Tlan was grosser than I had expected, as was the whole scene of Ardun Kothe controlling your body, Hunter merrily explaining how he wants to wander the galaxy with you as his servant, whispering sweet nothings in your ear. Ewww...

So that may play into it, too. Agent is going to hurt no matter what. But female agent seems especially triggery.

Hi everyone

So I currently have 6 characters including two level 50's. I am considering rolling a agent, but I want to know is it fun? is the story good? Any advice or feedback would be most helpful thanks.

2 words for you. "H*** yes!". Imo. (and many others opinion as well), the best written class story in game.