LotR army VS SW army

Slowpokeking

1. It's a disadvantage of the Jedi, they mostly use defensive skills, so even if they are stronger, sometimes it's still hard to beat a Sith directly by the power of the Force. Galadriel was a bit similar, her skills are not that offensive.

2. They still got a chance other than take the ring, her own ring did a good job against the orcs, too. They could also leave Middle Earth.

No it's not start to study the Dark Side from the beginning, it would be stupid.

It's like, Dooku asked her to work with him to fight other evils at first, then slowly let her see the power of the enemy and the loss of her people, the danger they are facing. Let her feel she's powerless along with showing her the power of the Force. Unlike the ring, she didn't know too much about the Force.

1. Yes, her skills are not that offensive. So Dooku against her would probably be similar to Dooku against Yoda. Except she wouldn't go into sword fight, if she would, she would loose. Instead she might do something to contain Dooku.

2. But in LotR she alread knows that her people will fade. She knows the elves must go and that she will become weaker and finally leave. She has accepted that. She would also accept death: her death and the death of her race. It might have worked during the Wars of the Silmaril, but not anymore. And don't forget she would foresee where the dark path leads.

Edit: I'm off for now.

Edited by Maaruin

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Yes, her skills are not that offensive. So Dooku against her would probably be similar to Dooku against Yoda. Except she wouldn't go into sword fight, if she would, she would loose. Instead she might do something to contain Dooku.

2. But in LotR she alread knows that her people will fade. She knows the elves must go and that she will become weaker and finally leave. She has accepted that. She would also accept death: her death and the death of her race. It might have worked during the Wars of the Silmaril, but not anymore. And don't forget she would foresee where the dark path leads.

1. Maybe, but it still could be a disadvantage, and they are not gonna fight directly mostly.

2. I really doubt it, if she truly see her people not fade away, but die horribly, will she do the same?

It's not just fade away, it's horrible fate like being enslaved by the Empire, being experiments of Sidious and being drained by him like the people in Byss did, became a source to let the great evil last longer.

The power of Forseeing could be blocked, or it could be more interesting, one path is her people become slaves and suffer for possibly eternity to empower a great evil, another is herself work with the darkness, possibly fall into it. Which one will she pick? It's interesting.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Is any army in the LotR or Silmarillion story which could defeat SW's army?

I think SW's army got

Much more advanced technology

Battleships

The use of Force, especially battle mediation enhance the army even more

Superweapons like the Death Star

I guess unless they got some really powerful magic, otherwise they are no match for SW's army.

Melkor, the first dark lord would triumph, seeing how he was a "god". Then you of course have your Balrogs, Ungoliant, Sauron, Nazgul. But of cours my opinion is biased because i'm much more of a Tolkien fan than SW anyway.

Edited by JonJW

Sith Emperor devoured the force essence of 1 planet.

Melkor scarred the the world. I'm calling it a tie, but way in Emperor's favour. Only difference is that Emperor is not as immortal as Melkor - different degrees of immortality.

Ring Wraiths vs Dark Council... Darth Nox/Occulus/Imperius vs the Witch King of Angmar (the Black Captain). I'm not certain who would win there, what do you guys think?

Gandalf vs Satele... I'm going with they decided to sit it out and have tea like the civilized people they are.

Aragon versus Jedi Knight (Sentinel or Guardian)... Knight wins hands down, 100/100 times.

Edited by AshlaBoga

1. Maybe, but it still could be a disadvantage, and they are not gonna fight directly mostly.

2. I really doubt it, if she truly see her people not fade away, but die horribly, will she do the same?

It's not just fade away, it's horrible fate like being enslaved by the Empire, being experiments of Sidious and being drained by him like the people in Byss did, became a source to let the great evil last longer.

The power of Forseeing could be blocked, or it could be more interesting, one path is her people become slaves and suffer for possibly eternity to empower a great evil, another is herself work with the darkness, possibly fall into it. Which one will she pick? It's interesting.

If she would see her people die horribly, she would do the same. I just read the scene again, she knows that if Frodo succeeds, her people will fade away. But if Frodo fails, what Sauron will do to them is no less horribly than what Sidious would do. She also knows that Frodo's chance to succeed is very, very small (Gandalf calls it foolish). And still she rejects the ring.

What do you think, would Yoda take the Ring to defeat Sidious?

Sith Emperor devoured the force essence of 1 planet.

Melkor scarred the the world. I'm calling it a tie, but way in Emperor's favour. Only difference is that Emperor is not as immortal as Melkor - different degrees of immortality.

Before that the Emperor was a mortal man and needed the help of the Dark Council to do it. And after theat he is immortal, can mind control people and has some nice force powers. It puts him on Sauron's level, but not on Melkor's. Remember, Melkor, no he doesn't deserve the name anymore, Morgoth corrupted Elves and made them into Orcs. He somehow created dragons. He could send flames from his hand that devasteted an area as large as Alaska. When he cursed Hurin's family, the curse came true and they all died horribly.

The Emperor would have to eat the galaxy before he can face Morgoth.

Ring Wraiths vs Dark Council... Darth Nox/Occulus/Imperius vs the Witch King of Angmar (the Black Captain). I'm not certain who would win there, what do you guys think?

It's easy: If the Sith Inquisitor is female and has a non-human companion, she would kill the Witch King. If not, the Witch King would win except the SI finds a way to bind him. (They are more than normal ghosts, so he probably needs one of the rings to succeed.)

Gandalf vs Satele... I'm going with they decided to sit it out and have tea like the civilized people they are.

I agree on that.

Aragon versus Jedi Knight (Sentinel or Guardian)... Knight wins hands down, 100/100 times.

Agreed. Especially if Aragorn has a normal sword. (Andrunil could be lightsaber resistant, but would still be heavy.) And Aragorn can't use the Force.

Edited by Maaruin

If she would see her people die horribly, she would do the same. I just read the scene again, she knows that if Frodo succeeds, her people will fade away. But if Frodo fails, what Sauron will do to them is no less horribly than what Sidious would do. She also knows that Frodo's chance to succeed is very, very small (Gandalf calls it foolish). And still she rejects the ring.

What do you think, would Yoda take the Ring to defeat Sidious?

But there is still a chance for Frodo to do it, and the elves could leave Middle Earth if Frodo fails, they already started to do it in the end of the war. It's not like she let people stay there wait for Sauron to torment them. And people's mind will change if they start to see the real scene.

If there is some unknown power for Yoda to pick and the Jedi were suffering, empowering Sidious, plus a guy with great charisma and the ability of mind tricks working on him, it is possible for him to change.

You can see in the OT, Yoda and Obi Wan indeed tried a dark way, try to use Luke to kill his father, without telling him the truth. Glad Vader told Luke the truth, or it will just be the story of Dooku and Anakin all over again, and much darker since Vader was Luke's father.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Also why is Galadriel more important than Dooku? She's just the leader of a small kingdom. Dooku was the ruler of one planet and CIS controlled at least 1/3 of the galaxy.

Why is Galadriel so important? She is the Queen of the elves, undoubtedly the most powerful person in Middle-Earth and one of the wisest people on ME. I'm not saying she is more important, but you don't give her the credit she deserves.

But there is still a chance for Frodo to do it, and the elves could leave Middle Earth if Frodo fails, they already started to do it in the end of the war. It's like she let people stay there wait for Sauron to torment them. And people's mind will change if they start to see the real scene.

Well, then they could also leave to prevent being enslaved by Sidious.

But no, they couldn't just leave middle earth to flee from Sauron. Not all of them. It would take too much time to leave. Some would make it, but most of them wouldn't.

Also there would still be a chance to succeed against Sidious. The Rebels did.

And what do you mean by seing the real scene.

If there is some unknown power for Yoda to pick and the Jedi were suffering, empowering Sidious, plus a guy with great charisma and the ability of mind tricks working on him, he could change.

Okay, so if you think Yoda would fall to the ring I also see how you could think Galadriel could fall to the Dark Side. I think you overestimate the power of evil.

You can see in the OT, Yoda and Obi Wan indeed tried a dark way, try to use Luke to kill his father, without telling him the truth. Glad Vader told Luke the truth, or it will just be the story of Dooku and Anakin all over again, and much darker since Vader was Luke's father.

Sorry but: no. They didn't tell him the truth because they though he was not ready. (Yoda says it.) Would Luke have stayed with Yoda and completed his training, he would have been ready to hear it from Vader (or they would have told him).

Was it dark from Yoda to send Obi-Wan to kill Anakin, even if they were like brothers?

Also why is Galadriel more important than Dooku? She's just the leader of a small kingdom. Dooku was the ruler of one planet and CIS controlled at least 1/3 of the galaxy.

Would you say the president of Russia today is more important than the Roman Emperor was back than?

The size of your empire is not important, it is importen how it is in relation to other Empires. And Galadriel was the second powerful ruler in Middle Earth at her time. Dooku didn't even rule the CIS, Sidious did. Dooku was what Celeborn was in Galadriels kingdom, I think.

If Dooku would have been around during the Great Hyperspace War and was a member of the Council in the TOR-era, then he might be as important as Galadriel. If he wasn't only a tool of Sidious.

Edited by Maaruin

Well, then they could also leave to prevent being enslaved by Sidious.

But no, they couldn't just leave middle earth to flee from Sauron. Not all of them. It would take too much time to leave. Some would make it, but most of them wouldn't.

Also there would still be a chance to succeed against Sidious. The Rebels did.

And what do you mean by seing the real scene.

Not if Sidious' army block for them for doing so, also with the Death Star complete they could not run anywhere.

The rebels got battleships and advanced army to counter even the Death Star, but not the elves. Also Dooku's droid army was also under Sidious' control.

I mean her really seeing the power of Sidious and his shadow fell upon her people, seeing them suffer one by one to empower the evil, leaving them no chance if they didn't find any new power.

Okay, so if you think Yoda would fall to the ring I also see how you could think Galadriel could fall to the Dark Side. I think you overestimate the power of evil.

Under some condition, when both path will mostly lead to Darkness, it's totally possible for a leader to leave all the Darkness to him/herself rather than let his/her people suffer. Many, many good Jedi fell to the Dark Side in SW's history, including Dooku himself.

Sorry but: no. They didn't tell him the truth because they though he was not ready. (Yoda says it.) Would Luke have stayed with Yoda and completed his training, he would have been ready to hear it from Vader (or they would have told him).

Was it dark from Yoda to send Obi-Wan to kill Anakin, even if they were like brothers?

But Luke left to rescue his friends in EP V, did they tell him anything? Obi Wan could tell Luke anytime but did he do it?

If the Emperor was there in EP V, teach Luke how to use his fury and anger, he would be able to strike Vader down, then it's all over again.

A bit, but also without much choice.

Would you say the president of Russia today is more important than the Roman Emperor was back than?

The size of your empire is not important, it is importen how it is in relation to other Empires. And Galadriel was the second powerful ruler in Middle Earth at her time. Dooku didn't even rule the CIS, Sidious did. Dooku was what Celeborn was in Galadriels kingdom, I think.

If Dooku would have been around during the Great Hyperspace War and was a member of the Council in the TOR-era, then he might be as important as Galadriel. If he wasn't only a tool of Sidious.

Of course size matters, Roman Empire was one of the biggest empires at that time, Mongol Empire was also famous because of its size. If someone was the leader of Earth and was able to play a important role in the galaxy, of course he is more important than Roman Emperor.

Yeah, she's a powerful leader of one continent, Dooku was the ruler of a planet. And was able to influence at least half of the galaxy.

Council member is no different than a pawn of the Sith Emperor if you take Dooku as Sidious' tool, Dooku played a very important role in the clone wars and lead the CIS, it's no less important than many members of the Dark Council.

Not if Sidious' army block for them for doing so, also with the Death Star complete they could not run anywhere.

And Sauron's Army would block them if he got the ring. No difference.

The Death Star couldn't destroy the undieing lands, but of course if he destroyes middle earth, there are no elves there anymore.

The rebels got battleships and advanced army to counter even the Death Star, but not the elves. Also Dooku's droid army was also under Sidious' control.

The rebels got a torpedo that must be thrown into an exhaust pod. 20 years before the death star comes could very well be enough to reverse engineer SW technology and develope some magically enhanced fighters.

I mean her really seeing the power of Sidious and his shadow fell upon her people, seeing them suffer one by one to empower the evil, leaving them no chance if they didn't find any new power.

She saw these things happenen to them from Sauron in visions. And she saw these things being done by Morgoth.

Under some condition, when both path will mostly lead to Darkness, it's totally possible for a leader to leave all the Darkness to him/herself rather than let his/her people suffer. Many, many good Jedi fell to the Dark Side in SW's history, including Dooku himself.

Yeah, but many more Jedi rejected it. Obi-Wan rejected to join Dooku, Yoda rejected it. Even Luke rejected joining the Emperor. Gandalf, Elrond and Galadriel saw exactly the same: two paths filled with darkness. But instead choosing Darkness for themself, they chose to pin their hope on a foolish plan and risked all of Middle Earth for this. Because they knew choosing the Dark Side would backfire.

But Luke left to rescue his friends in EP V, did they tell him anything? Obi Wan could tell Luke anytime but did he do it?

Because it would have conflicted Luke even more. I actuelly think it would have made it more likely for him to join Vader. The shock when he heard it from him prevented that.

If the Emperor was there in EP V, teach Luke how to use his fury and anger, he would be able to strike Vader down, then it's all over again.

But for that it wouldn't matter if he knew that Vader was his father, would it?

A bit, but also without much choice.

At the end, when they sent Luke to face Vader, they also didn't have much choice. By then Luke already knew Vader was his father.

Of course size matters, Roman Empire was one of the biggest empires at that time, Mongol Empire was also famous because of its size. If someone was the leader of Earth and was able to play a important role in the galaxy, of course he is more important than Roman Emperor.

I don't think so. The Roman Emperor at his time and in his political context was more important than this leader of Earth would be for a galaxy wide political context.

Yeah, she's a powerful leader of one continent, Dooku was the ruler of a planet. And was able to influence at least half of the galaxy.

But ruling a galaxy in star wars doesn't take more effort or skill than ruling a continent in LotR. The only difference that would matter here is that Dooku has a far larger and thechnologically advanced army. That's why he would win, not the fact that he controls a larger territory.

Council member is no different than a pawn of the Sith Emperor if you take Dooku as Sidious' tool, Dooku played a very important role in the clone wars and lead the CIS, it's no less important than many members of the Dark Council.

Sorry, maybe you missunderstood me. I mean Dooku would have to

be already around during the Great Hyperspace War and be a Member of the Dark (or Jedi) Council in TOR and be the leader of the CIS without being a tool to Sidious.

Edited by Maaruin

Yeah, try fight a capital ship with your horses.

You're right:

Normal Army vs normal army SW wins hands down.

Force users vs magic users it is a draw.

Godlike entities vs godlike entities LotR wins.

Edited by Maaruin

And Sauron's Army would block them if he got the ring. No difference.

The Death Star couldn't destroy the undieing lands, but of course if he destroyes middle earth, there are no elves there anymore.

Sidious didn't need to take any ring back or something, his army was enough to block them,

The rebels got a torpedo that must be thrown into an exhaust pod. 20 years before the death star comes could very well be enough to reverse engineer SW technology and develope some magically enhanced fighters.

They are far far far behind the technology of SW.

She saw these things happenen to them from Sauron in visions. And she saw these things being done by Morgoth.

And these really happened? They got allies to take on Morgoth, not like they are helpless.

Yeah, but many more Jedi rejected it. Obi-Wan rejected to join Dooku, Yoda rejected it. Even Luke rejected it. Gandalf, Elrond and Galadriel saw exactly the same: two paths filled with darkness. But instead choosing Darkness for themself, they chose to pin their hope on a foolish plan and risked all of Middle Earth for this. Because they knew choosing the Dark Side would backfire.

Because the plan was not good enough, simply by words.

And Obi Wan indeed went to a dark path by telling Luke Vader killed his father, to let Luke hate Vader even more.

Because it would have conflicted Luke even more. I actuelly think it would have made it more likely for him to join Vader. The shock when he heard it from him prevented that.

Let Vader or the Emperor tell him the truth is better?

Vader could make a better line "Obi Wan was no different than me, he tried to use you against me, son. It's true, ask yourself?" It would surely make Luke even more confused and possibly fell to the Dark Side.

But for that it wouldn't matter if he knew that Vader was his father, would it?

Sidious could hide the truth first, let Luke kill Vader then tell him the truth, then guess what will happen?

At the end, when they sent Luke to face Vader, they also didn't have much choice. By then Luke already knew Vader was his father.

And they still wanted to let Luke kill his own father, glad he didn't otherwise he would corrupt.

I don't think so. The Roman Emperor at his time and in his political context was more important than this leader of Earth would be for a galaxy wide political context.

He was never able to influence the world, not to say the galaxy, why is he more important? It's like compare some island's ruler to the US' president.

But ruling a galaxy in star wars doesn't take more effort or skill than ruling a continent in LotR. The only difference that would matter here is that Dooku has a far larger army. That's why he would win, not the fact that he controls a larger territory.

Why? The bigger they are, the harder to manage.

It's harder to rule US rather than 1 island.

Sorry, maybe you missunderstood me. I mean Dooku would have to

be already around during the Great Hyperspace War and be a Member of the Dark (or Jedi) Council in TOR and be the leader of the CIS without being a tool to Sidious.

Why? Dooku already ruled and influenced much more territory than Galadriel. Galadriel never influence anything outside of a few continents and never ruled 1 continent. Like Durge lived for 2000 years, did a lot from the New Sith Wars to the Clone Wars, but does that make him more important than Anakin? No.

Edited by Slowpokeking

You're right:

Normal Army vs normal army SW wins hands down.

Force users vs magic users it is a draw.

Godlike entities vs godlike entities LotR wins.

No magic users in LotR was able to wipe out a planet's life.

Nothing in LotR ever destroyed a planet or a star sector.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Sidious didn't need to take any ring back or something, his army was enough to block them,

Wait, so Sidious Armies have already blocked the Elves when Dooku tries to corrupt her to the dark side?

They are far far far behind the technology of SW.

They have long range communication

They have ships that can leave/fly to the undying lands

They have rings that can influence the elements

they have swords that detect orcs (sensors)

It's not impossible that they create their own starfighter after reverse engineering one.

And these really happened? They got allies to take on Morgoth.

What do you mean? Sauron didn't succeed. But she was there when the Elves lost to Morgoth. Morgoth wasn't defeated by them and they didn't knew the Valar would hear them and go to war against Morgoth.

Because the plan was not good enough, simply by words.

This means Galadriel etc. prefer to pin their hope on a stupid plan instead of falling into darkness.

Let Vader or the Emperor tell him the truth is better?

Vader could make a better line "Obi Wan was no different than me, he tried to use you against me, son. It's true, ask yourself?" It would surely make Luke even more confused and possibly fell to the Dark Side.

No, he couldn't. Obi-Wan didn't send Luke to kill Vader before Luke completed his training. So Vader would just tell a lie at this point and Luke would believe him even less.

And yes, at that point it was better for Luke to hear it from his father.

Sidious could hide the truth first, let Luke kill Vader then tell him the truth, then guess what will happen?

He could. But Luke wasn't able to kill Vader in Bespin.

If the Emperor was there on Bespin, he would have made Luke fall to the dark side wether he knew about Vader being his father or not.

And they still wanted to let Luke kill his own father, glad he didn't otherwise he would corrupt.

If he killed him in hatred and anger, yes. But they wanted him to kill him to save the galaxy. As much as Obi-Wan didn't fell after killing (what he though) Anakin, Luke wouldn't fell if his intentions were right.

He was never able to influence the world, not to say the galaxy, why is he more important? It's like compare some island's ruler to the US' president.

Yes, it is...

Why? The bigger they are, the harder to manage.

It's harder to rule US rather than 1 island.

Do you honestly think it is harder to rule the US than Greece? Or that it's harder to rule russia than the US?

Why? Dooku already ruled and influenced much more territory than Galadriel. Galadriel never influence anything outside of a few continents and never ruled 1 continent. Like Durge lived for 2000 years, did a lot from the New Sith Wars to the Clone Wars, but does that make him more important than Anakin? No.

Being one of the important rulers for thousends of years makes you more important than being an important tool for around 10 years. I'd say Naga Sadow was no less important than Lord Kaan, even if Kaan controlled a far larger territory.

No magic users in LotR was able to wipe out a planet's life.

Nothing in LotR ever destroyed a planet or a star sector.

Ugoliath was able to consume everything. She grew more powerful with the more source of light she consumed. She could surpass Nihilus, given enough food.

And that no one did consume middle earth completle doesn't mean they couldn't learn it. The Emperor had to learn it too.

Edited by Maaruin

Wait, so Sidious Armies have already blocked the Elves when Dooku tries to corrupt her to the dark side?

Yes.

They have long range communication

They have ships that can leave fly to the undying lands

They have rings that can influence the elements

they have swords that detect orcs

It's not impossible that they create their own starfighter after reverse engineering one.

SW's technology can communicate throughout the galaxy.

SW got Battleships jump through hyperspace, they don't have such thing so it would take very long for them to travel even a little distance.

SW's technology and the Force could do a lot more.

Sidious doesn't use orcs.

What do you mean? Sauron didn't succeed. But she was there when the Elves lost to Morgoth. Morgoth wasn't defeated by them and they didn't knew the Valar would hear them and go to war against Morgoth.

Yes, and she only refused to take the ring during the war against Sauron, not Morgoth. If nobody heard them, and some power could help them defeat Morgoth, will she try it?

This means Galadriel etc. prefer to pin their hope on a stupid plan instead of falling into darkness.

Because they defeated Sauron before, and they got a chance to succeed, also at least some of them could leave Middle Earth.

No, he couldn't. Obi-Wan didn't send Luke to kill Vader before Luke completed his training. So Vader would just tell a lie at this point and Luke would believe him even less.

And yes, at that point it was better for Luke to hear it from his father.

Why is it a lie? Obi Wan indeed wanted Luke to kill his father, otherwise why did he tell Luke that Vader killed his father? If he didn't, he wouldn't do nothing do stop Luke at that time.

Even if he told a lie, it's no worse then Obi Wan's lie(Vader killed your father). So they were indeed no different. Luke was greatly confused when he heard that from Vader and questioned Obi Wan.

He could. But Luke wasn't able to kill Vader in Bespin.

If the Emperor was there on Bespin, he would have made Luke fall to the dark side wether he knew about Vader being his father or not.

The Emperor could draw out his hate and anger, just like he did in the duel of Anakin and Dooku.

He didn't make it in EP VI, but in EP V Obi Wan's lie would give the Emperor a big break.

If he killed him in hatred and anger, yes. But they wanted him to kill him to save the galaxy. As much as Obi-Wan didn't fell after killing (what he though) Anakin, Luke wouldn't fell if his intentions were right.

How could he not kill him without anger and hate? Vader was his father. He refused to do, said there was still good in him after knowing the truth.

Also Vader's fall won't save the galaxy, if Luke went to the Dark Side, it would make the Dark Side even stronger. If he didn't, the Emperor would simply kill him and nobody would save him.

Obi Wan did not kill Anakin, please. He could not do it because his Jedi discipline.

Yes, it is...

?

Do you honestly think it is harder to rule the US than Greece? Or that it's harder to rule russia than the US?

Of course it's more difficult to rule US than Greece overall.

We are talking about rule a planet along and influence half of the galaxy, compare to a small kingdom. It's not even US VS Greece, it's like 1 small island kingdom compare to the US.

Being one of the important rulers for thousends of years makes you more important than being an important tool for around 10 years. I'd say Naga Sadow was than Lord Kaan, even if Kaan controlled a larger territory.

No, the size and the influence is the most important thing. Like Castro was not more important than JFK or Nixon or Reagan.

Jabba ruled his place for like hundreds of years, does it make him more important than Sidious? No.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Ugoliath was able to consume everything. She grew more powerful with the more source of light she consumed. She could surpass Nihilus, given enough food.

And that no one did consume middle earth completle doesn't mean they couldn't learn it. The Emperor had to learn it too.

She didn't even consume Middle Earth. And Nihilus also became more powerful after he consume the life of a planet.

Star Wars. You mentioned Magic in LOTR. Most people don't realize that Magic is very rare in Middle earth, even in the Silmarillion, only the eldest elves like Galadriel and Glorfindel, Wizards, and the Maiar (Or how ever you spell it) use magic, and even that magic is very subtle. They don't throw Fireballs and summon demons.

Also back to Galadriel, let her and her people suffer so much and fall to the darkness for sure when she could sacrifice her own soul to save them. is it truly "not evil"? I will like to make her see and struggle, finally choose to save her people.

Yeah sure, they should get HUGE advantage, just not sure how did the Ewoks got those troops, it could be "adapted" and make the story a bit more fun.

Ewoks were better at attacks from concealment, whereas Middle Earth Armies usually resorted to mass charges on horseback or other mounts.

Ewoks didn't utilize armor, but then their attack style would fall flat on its face if they did.

Imperials utilize armor as well which means fighting in forested areas particularly with plate armor, is incredibly stupid. That is why Ewoks had a serious advantage, the Armies from Middle Earth would likely get pounded into the ground by the oversized teddy bears in a forested area (with possible exception of the elves) in a far more humiliating fashion than the stormtroopers were.

Thus considering the fighting styles between armies of Middle Earth would be surprisingly similar to those we see with Imperial Stormtroopers, and the fact that stormtroopers have blasters and mechanized vehicles (which would probably spook horses). The Empire would win, it isn't even a contest.

Ewoks set snares, pitfalls, drop nets, and other traps all over the place, they didn't charge in like a bunch of idiots. If you looked at the movie Return of the King, that Riders of Rohan charge was from a military history standpoint should have been a complete failure. Study the 100 Year War, those kind of stupid attacks were why the French lost several fights to the English, fights that considering the English were seriously outmanned, they should have won.

Yes.

Okay. So you think in this situation Yoda would choose to take the ring?

SW's technology can communicate throughout the galaxy. Palantir could too

SW got Battleships jump through hyperspace, they don't have such thing so it would take very long for them to travel even a little distance. They would develope a magical hyperspace device if needed.

SW's technology and the Force could do a lot more. SW technology can do a little more, Force... what would that be?

Sidious doesn't use orcs. So they develope swords that detect droids.

It's not that elvish technology can counter SW technology, it is that elves have proven they can develope similar technology so they probably can also reverse engineer space ships and build their own ones afterwards.

Yes, and she only refused to take the ring during the war against Sauron, not Morgoth. If nobody heard them, and some power could help them defeat Morgoth, will she try it?

I think she won't.

If I understand correctly you can't believe that anyone could reject the Dark Side if it means loosing and dooming his people. So that's not a problem between LotR and Star Wars.

Because they defeated Sauron before, and they got a chance to succeed, also at least some of them could leave Middle Earth.

So a success chance around 1% or the fact that maybe 5% of her people could flee in times makes the difference?

Why is it a lie? Obi Wan indeed wanted Luke to kill his father, otherwise why did he tell Luke that Vader killed his father? If he didn't, he wouldn't do nothing do stop Luke at that time.

Because Vader really kind of destroyed Anakin. Obi-Wan never intended Luke to hate Vader because of this, he tried to explain it in a way that won't confuse Luke too much and still is close to the truth.

Even if he told a lie, it's no worse then Obi Wan's lie(Vader killed your father). So they were indeed no different. Luke was greatly confused when he heard that from Vader and questioned Obi Wan.

Obi-Wan's "lie" is only worse if his intention was to create hatred in Luke. That's far from true.

The Emperor could draw out his hate and anger, just like he did in the duel of Anakin and Dooku.

He didn't make it in EP VI, but in EP V Obi Wan's lie would give the Emperor a big break.

Anakin already hated Dooku then, if I remember correctly.

How could he not kill him without anger and hate? Vader was his father. He refused to do, said there was still good in him after knowing the truth.

Of course he could kill without anger and hate. H could kill with regret, especially because Vader was his father.

Also Vader's fall won't save the galaxy, if Luke went to the Dark Side, it would make the Dark Side even stronger. If he didn't, the Emperor would simply kill him and nobody would save him.

Nobody planned the Emperor to be present than. They planned Luke to face Vader and afterwards help the Rebellion until they are strong enough to defeat the Emperor.

Obi Wan did not kill Anakin, please. He could not do it because his Jedi discipline.

But he came with the intent to kill him.

?
An Island ruler can be as important as the US president in his political context, that was what I wanted to say.

Of course it's more difficult to rule US than Greece overall.

Why?

We are talking about rule a planet along and influence half of the galaxy, compare to a small kingdom. It's not even US VS Greece, it's like 1 small island kingdom compare to the US.

But shouldn't it be impossible for a human to rule the galaxy than? Since politicians are often barely able to rule their country, it should be impossible for anyone to rule more than one planet.

No, the size and the influence is the most important thing. Like Castro was not more important than JFK or Nixon or Reagan.

Was Kaan more important than Naga Sadow?

Jabba ruled his place for like hundreds of years, does it make him more important than Sidious? No.

It makes him more important then Prince Xizor for the underworld.

I didn't say if Middle Earth was a planet in the SW galaxy Galadriel would be more important there than Dooku. I said Galadriel was more important for Middle Earth than Dooku was for the SW galaxy.

She didn't even consume Middle Earth. And Nihilus also became more powerful after he consume the life of a planet.

Nihilus didn't start with conuming planets. Ungoliat had the potential to become as powerful as Nihilus.

Star Wars. You mentioned Magic in LOTR. Most people don't realize that Magic is very rare in Middle earth, even in the Silmarillion, only the eldest elves like Galadriel and Glorfindel, Wizards, and the Maiar (Or how ever you spell it) use magic, and even that magic is very subtle. They don't throw Fireballs and summon demons.

Yes, LotR magic is far more subtle than some Force powers. But it isn't that rare. Powerful magic of course, but Elves can create magical artifacts all the time. And they have reflexes, can see very far and can rest his mind (same effects as sleeping) while walking. That is very similar to what most Force users can do.

Also given the size of the Jedi Order compared to the size of the galactic population, Force sensitivity is also rare.

Also back to Galadriel, let her and her people suffer so much and fall to the darkness for sure when she could sacrifice her own soul to save them. is it truly "not evil"? I will like to make her see and struggle, finally choose to save her people.

And afterwards she would become the next Dark Lord. It is the same in LotR and Star Wars: Choosing to follow the dark side in order to save other only creates even more suffering.