LotR army VS SW army

Slowpokeking

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything is connected with the Force unless it was cut off from it like the Vong. Even being like Abeloth.

If they aren't from Star Wars they don't conform to their rules, simple as that, they conform to their own IP's rules, they are created by Illuvitar and the like, not the force, not even close.

Silly question lol

Metal swords or lightning hot lightbeams that slice through anything they touch.

Basically your asking whats better:

A roasty pile from your dog or a steak dinner.

(not in terms of which movies better but weapons tech and fighting abilities)

And I think we are forgetting, technology isn't going to do much against the Army of the Dead, y'know ghosts?

Force is an essence within ghosts i can see it having great effect on them in any shape whether a sage type channel or lightning

spectral vs essence = damage-able

(i would assume so anyways)

Edited by WillHolmes

Silly question lol

Metal swords or lightning hot lightbeams that slice through anything they touch.

Basically your asking whats better:

A roasty pile from your dog or a steak dinner.

(not in terms of which movies better but weapons tech and fighting abilities)

Well, it was stated several times that the normal LotR army had no chance against the normal SW army. (Also "normal" warriors like Aragorn will have a lot of problems against Jedi.)

When it becomes difficult to tell is when magic (and magic devices) are used.

Also, lightsabers don't cut through everything. They can't cut through Cortosis in the SW universe. They sure as hell can't destroy the One Ring and Mithril is probably also lightsaber resistant. But Mithril is rare, so no protection lightsaber protection for most of them.

There are also Tech-blades and Vibro-blades that can withstand lightsabers, so the Elves might very well be able to make lightsaber resitant swords.

But as I said, most of middle earth doesn't have access to these, so most of middle earth is pwned very easily.

Force is an essence within ghosts i can see it having great effect on them in any shape whether a sage type channel or lightning

I would assume they are similar to Force ghosts. (Same for the Nazgul.) So you might be able to bind them or defeat them if you no the right rituals.

Btw. in the book the Army of the Death is similar to the Dread Masters: Fear is their greatest weapon and can even kill enemies. So it would take some willpower to stand against them.

The Ghosts have no relation to the force in any way at all.

How? it isn't opinion, it's fact, the force doesn't existed in the Tolkien Legendarium, the Army of the Dead has no relation to the force at all.

Of course the Force doesn't exist in LotR. And LotR magic doesn't exist in SW.

We basically mash together two different universes. (Maybe when middle earth became round/a planet, it appeared in the Star Wars galaxy.) So I assume that similar elements are the same.

Look, the Force in Star Wars has very, very similar effects to magic in Lord of the Rings. The Force is Star Wars' form of magic. So why should I assume that Force, and LotR magic exist parallel to each other but have no connection at all. (Or das a Jedi loose his connection to the Force when he comes to middle earth.)

A LotR horse would be an animal in Star Wars too. Illuvatar would be all powerful everywhere in the galaxy when it is the same world as Star Wars. Dark Side force ghosts and ghosts from LotR are so similar in there roles. With the fast reflexes, foresight, resting while walking etc. what the elves can, in the Star Wars universe you would assume they are Force sensitive. So I just say they are.

There are no establisched rules how to compare two totally different universes. So I do it by: "If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it probably is a duck."

How do you compare two different universes?

I noted several times that most of Middle Earth's armies would be roflstomped by regular SW armies. Only very few spots on middle earth have a chance. If you go from the end of the third age:

Lothlorien, Barad-Dur, maybe Isengard, maybe Rivendell, and with lots of luck some Dwarves in their mines and some Orcs in the mountains. They could repell the first, maybe the second attack and hope their planet isn't valuable enough so the Empire or Republic gives up then.

I don't know much about the Celestries, couldn't find them on Wookiepedia.

Morgoth's forces against the Rakata... probably the same as above: He might be able to repell an attack, but in the end the Rakata win, of course. Morgoth will end up in a mind trap.

Edit: Found the Celestials.

Edit2: The Celestials seem to be on the same level with the Valar (the Valar created sun, moon and some stars (planets, probably)), but there are much more Celestials than Valar.

Yeah sorry for misspelling the Celestials.

Btw let’s make a little battle scenario just for fun :rak_04:

Darth Malak: "This search for the ring is taking too long Admiral, destroy the entire Middle Earth."

Admiral Saul: "Th, the... The entire Middle Earth Lord Malak? But my lord there are thousands of creatures on Middle Earth, including our own soldiers."

Darth Malak: "Your predecessor ones made the mistake of doubting my orders admiral, surely you're not foolish enough to commit the same mistake."

Admiral Saul: "No, no of course not Lord Malak, but it will require massive force to destroy the entire Middle Earth, we will need to gather the fleet."

Darth Malak: "Then I suggest you get to it Admiral."

24 hours later: BOOOOM, Middle Earth becomes the new Taris.

And we didn’t even need the Death Star :o

Edited by Inzuher

Yeah sorry for misspelling the Celestials.

Btw let’s make a little battle scenario just for fun :rak_04:

Darth Malak: "This search for the ring is taking too long Admiral, destroy the entire Middle Earth."

Admiral Saul: "Th, the... The entire Middle Earth Lord Malak? But my lord there are thousands of creatures on Middle Earth, including our own soldiers."

Darth Malak: "Your predecessor ones made the mistake of doubting my orders admiral, surely you're not foolish enough to commit the same mistake."

Admiral Saul: "No, no of course not Lord Malak, but it will require massive force to destroy the entire Middle Earth, we will need to gather the fleet."

Darth Malak: "Then I suggest you get to it Admiral."

24 hours later: BOOOOM, Middle Earth becomes the new Taris.

And we didn’t even need the Death Star :o

I said it, and I will say it again: There are spots on Middle Earth that can withstand an orbital bombardment.

Barad-Dur, Lothlorien, probably Isengard and Rivendell are protected by Magic. And some dwarven mines are probably too deep under the surface to be affected.

There you go,. argument over

That's why I assume Force=magic. Magic users = Force sensitives.

Oh yeah, you got a point Maaruin , guess that just means we need the Death Star afterall ;D.

Btw I support your magic users = force sensitivity theory, it would make good sense if one considers the fact that the Nightsisters, among others, developed magic like abilities using the dark side.

Edited by Inzuher

Is any army in the LotR or Silmarillion story which could defeat SW's army?

I think SW's army got

Much more advanced technology

Battleships

The use of Force, especially battle mediation enhance the army even more

Superweapons like the Death Star

I guess unless they got some really powerful magic, otherwise they are no match for SW's army.

We have 10x more subs , Zerg Rush