Favorite trooper companion?

Newyankalt

Aric Jorgan, no doubt. Right now I have 10000 affection points with him as well. :cool:

I was trying M1-4X on Tatooinne a bit, although I'm a Vanguard (tank). Didn't know too much of the game back then. :p

But when I tried Aric Jorgan again, I got a good feeling inside me, haha. XD

Edited by Ahh_Yeah

Well my trooper is only level 32 atm, but I have ended up using Elara mostly. Even though I have kept all 3 comps well geared, I have found that M1 just doesn't seem strong enough for a tank. I get stuff down quicker with the Cathar and I survive a lot more with Elara. With the droid, I ended up dying a lot which was annoying. Especially as I'm an armstech and can craft all 3 with the best weapons for their level.

kinda disappointed with M1 actually...I expected this baddazz Robocop kinda droid and in the end we seemed to get a Benny Hill style droid..like somethign from Lost in Space...He's really only mildly less annoying than the ship droid.

While I have used Elara more than any of the others, for several reasons, I really like having that little insectoid fellow with me. He is an absolute baddie with that staff and can coth take a lot of damage as well as deal it out if you have him equipped right.

I'd go with Elara Dorne. When I start cranking out the damage, it's handy to have a medic around. And let's not forget that smexy accent :)

I use Jorgan once and a while if I need some damage, and rarely use M1-4X. I don't think I've ever used Yuun or Tanno unless it was required for the mission.

I would gladly take the ship's droid into combat with me if it meant he could get shot in the vocabulator and be silenced forever!

Dorne, always. The only exception is that daily mission on Ilum where all the enemies have shields, I barely take any damage there so I take Aric to melt some face. I used 4X for a while when I was levelling up; funny personality and a decent tank, but Dorne is just so much better no matter your build. Edited by Rigsta

Forex forever and always. He's my favourite companion in the game and he looks so awesome with the Ilum customisations. I like all the Trooper companions, though. I like that they expect me to be a Republic soldier unlike the Jedi companions where one is always expecting me to be evil, crooked, or just generally un-Jedi like. Tanno's not exactly a picturesque soldier, but at least he doesn't lose massive affection points when I choose to help people.

I like all the Trooper companions, though. I like that they expect me to be a Republic soldier unlike the Jedi companions where one is always expecting me to be evil, crooked, or just generally un-Jedi like.
This, exactly. There's something satisfying about giving the "Yes sir" or "Understood" responses to General Garza in the briefings and seeing affection gains from all of your companions, at least in Chapter 1. And even then, once you get towards the end of the storyline, seeing everyone else give positive affection while Tanno rolls his eyes has its own charm.

Jorgan is my fav. The guy puts down damage like crazy. Between my dps vanguard and him they make a half-decent tank with a lot of killing power. While leveling I went afk at one point in the middle of a rakghoul infested pond that we had just cleared on Taris (had to grab something off the stove), come back to the computer and there are five dead rakghoul corpses all around us and both our health bars were full - how can you not love that?!

On top of that I luvs him to bits and pieces - favorite romance in the game! ;)

Elara. She is a bit of a stick...but her accent, and customization that gives her the long hair with freckles, is just plain yummy. I love her heals as I am a vanguard, and I find her background interesting. Tanno Vik and Jorgan are just too Douchey for my taste. Forex is awesome too but useless for me, Yuun is nifty, but kinda just....there.

I leveled up Joric to 10000 Affection then started to use Elara as a tank Vanguard.

If mobs Joric is best as I can hold agro while he blows stuff up.

If single target right up till I meet a champion at level 49 I can kill it with Elara.

Now my Scoundrel Healer with Corso I have killed a 49 Elite Champion alone, something I can not do with Elara.

• 11 months later...
All my crew has 10,000 affection, except for HK who I haven't gotten lucky enough to find weapons yet to raise it on the companion munchies runs. As far as companions I tend to keep with me, Elara, being a tank and all, having a healer is useful. If I am feeling a tad dangerous I tend to pull HK out, but my other choice would be M1-4X just because of his Oorah programming.