Suggestions for Huttball

BloodStain

Yeah... Huttball is getting so old that me and my friends just play hot potato with the ball when we get it and farm kills for the most part.

If there were medals for doing the actual objective I would probably be motivated to win or at least score.

Edited by Tankxor

I would really appreciate an option to reduce environmental detail specifically the spell detail on the flames in huttball.

I have never had any problems running WoW or any other aspect of TOR.

However, in Huttball, I lag extremely hard. Players warp around the screen, I've even cc'd someone in the middle of the flame zones, seen them roast, only to have them appear stunned on the other side of the flames a moment later.

Because I have not had any problems with lag in any other zones, I can only assume that it is due to the spell detail of hutt ball. Members of my guild have also experienced this problem.

I do appreciate the appearance of the zone, but I would prefer performance over appearance for the actual PvP.

Huttball is not fun, until lvl 50 bracket is added. One side with geared 50s, other with lowbies. 50s score 5:0 in 4 mins, then just hold the ball for the rest of the match and camp the lowbies ....

Thats pvp ? really ? The only "fun" in this, is to ruin it for the 50s, but harponing the carrier so he scores to 6:0 and their "fun" ends.

Huttball is 13 minutes of pure carnage. Forget the ball, you'll be racking up MVP medals by getting the most medals and having lowlifes vote for you.

I so agree, I don't even bother with the ball. I actually hate when I get the ball, because I have to stop killing so many. LMAO. When I do get the ball I do act accordingly though, get the ball to the goal and destroy anyone in your way.

Huttball is without question my favorite warzone. Sure you get idiots on your team, but queue with friends and watch the game change Pro-tip Teamwork is key. If you don't have friends to queue with....... you have problems much larger than whether or not Huttball is to long or not.

You know those idiots you are referring to they are actually quite useful because they keep the majority of the other team busy. Something about someone killing you that really pisses people off and makes them come after you unrelenting.

( Sith Warriors and Jedi Knights have force charge but if you're on the bottom as a Bounty Hunter or Agent or any Republic ranged class you don't have any instant closing distance abilities.) You can't get back up and past the fire traps fast enough to actually make a defensive difference.

What level are you as a BH, because you get a move that helps you close the distance. I am currently level 33 and I am loving the game as a BH, I ruin a lot of guys days with my abilities and quick thinking. I will admit I have easily played enough Huttball to level 4 times so I am familiar with it. For new players it is trial by fire or the acid pool. They will learn soon enough how the game works and positioning.

Also not in favor of the brackets, I really like going up against 50's. I want to see if I can outsmart a level 50 player or are they really just at "noob" in Huttball and are strictly familiar with leveling. I don't fault them either way, the game has different features so you can play how you want to play.

I'd just like to comment as a 50 Jedi Guardian, that Huttball procs a tiny fraction of the time for the Republic.

Additionally, if anyone actually bothers to read this, couple points-

- Reward ball carrying that leads to a score

That single thing is what most irks me. Some friends and I will typically queue together and we all love when Huttball procs because it based on teamwork. A good group can shut you down, but in comparison to Alderaan and Voidstar? I much prefer it.

Having said that, I tank and one of the fellows I queue with is a sage healer. The result tends to be plenty of leaps and pulls that make the ramps almost a defensive factor for us. We end up playing for the fast win for the simple pleasure of a fast win.

Objective based medals I would suggest:

- Carried ball in possession that leads to score

- Scored Huttball x1

- Scored Huttball x3

- Scored Huttball x6

- Killed Enemy Ball Carrier

Having said that, this might gear out Empire players faster so I'm perfectly happy with Huttball barely rewarding. I just wish I got it more on my character. Can't wait for Warzone-specific queues!

I definitely think having more objective based medals would encourage team play, or at-least objective based game play rather than just fragging like it currently is.

I like the idea of having a permanent throw ball button on the screen, I imagine a lot of players don't even realise you can do this.