Your Transfer Name Loss SOLUTION

Onaga

That's not that great of a suggestion OP but some of us were forced into it...here's what makes me LOL

1 Invest your time/money/interest into our deeply driven story based game, bond with your character, earn your legacy, feel epic, become your character. This game is built more around bonding with your character, who you are and the choices you make than any other MMO on the market. (Good marketing strategy)

2 Time for server transfers, “what do we do about our naming convention?” “Uh…What?”

3 Names are first come first serve, (IE no change), yet many other servers get to transfer before you. Name taken? Legacy name taken? What’s the problem? You became attached to your name? Your Legacy name? Our game was intricately designed to do that???

I lost most of my toon names and my legacy name. I’ll get over it sure, but I won’t forget it. Of course it’s too late now and I’m guessing this too will be swept under the rug, forgotten, ignored, but that rug is starting to show a hump. I pay my sub, this is important to me and apparently a lot of other folks, this was handled poorly like other things (no examples needed), please think ahead Bioware, ‘nuff said.

Blue on black I guess.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already those cheap accent names everywhere, what a stupid suggestion.

Have fun sending mails, not being invited with a weird letter or dumb accent name and everyone laughing at your lack of creativity!

lol

I see the whining for name changes coming....

It's all BIOWARES fault for not prohibiting special characters.

And it's Biowares fault not to make Legacy names unique but allow any character names.

:rolleyes:

Legitimate question: Are people really sending a ton of mail to people not in their guild or on their friends list? Are you whispering people that aren't in chat, aren't in your social window, and are not in front of you?

The mail "To:" section starts suggesting guild and friend names as soon as you type a letter, you can click on any name in any chat to whisper the person, and you can right-click social window names or player portraits to whisper or invite anyone. It's a little inconvenient in the case of invites, but I don't quite get why it's worth the response it's getting here.

Legitimate question: Are people really sending a ton of mail to people not in their guild or on their friends list? … The mail "To:" section starts suggesting guild and friend names as soon as you type a letter

Annoyingly, it doesn't suggest your non-guildmate alts (something for the suggestion forum, I think).

Annoyingly, it doesn't suggest your non-guildmate alts (something for the suggestion forum, I think).

First off if you made an alt with the symbols then there's no reason you shouldn't be able to type it again to mail it to yourself. Though it would be nice if those within your legacy would show up automatically like friends/guild.

Second if you do use the symbols and don't change your keyboard settings to US - international so you can actually type them instead of use another program to copy/paste, then your a tool.

Thirdly I AGREE with a lot of others when they say the person who created the name first since game launch should get first dibs on that name regardless of server, at least for legacy names, especially since those who formed a guild pre-launch were forced to play on the failing server of BWs choosing.

I for one only lost my legacy name, along with 3 alts. I wasn't to worried about the alts but losing my legacy name really turns me off to this game after pre ordering, getting early access, buying CE and paying 6 months up front at launch. Thanks for $h!ting on the loyal fans EA/BW. Should have just made KOTOR 3 instead!

I am not unique, seems Gweyr is a unit of measurement

http://www.liglass.cz/en/kolekce-papilio.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=177&category_id=15&vmcchk=1

I am also a piece of jewelry

http://forum.safari-guild.com/index.php?action=profile;u=6

A 27 year old male from Lisbon (who is posting this from Washington, DC)

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/769b886a-a804-4f1d-8c52-a8e74059c552/d2sowxs-c0116e09-deb9-4d67-a81d-51c831982a94.jpg/v1/fill/w_400,h_696,q_75,strp/gweyr_by_vsamarav_d2sowxs-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9Njk2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNzY5Yjg4NmEtYTgwNC00ZjFkLThjNTItYThlNzQwNTljNTUyXC9kMnNvd3hzLWMwMTE2ZTA5LWRlYjktNGQ2Ny1hODFkLTUxYzgzMTk4MmE5NC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9NDAwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.tBD_daq_n1HsGNWuTST1OClUTxIXJRBdvhwpuNKww68

A piece of art

http://zero-sanity.wowstead.com/wow/characters/16469176-gweyr

in the Guild Zero Sanity (which is really a surprise to me.)

http://forums.rnp-moonglade.net/showpost.php?p=619&postcount=5

I also seem to be a female gnome when I not being male in Lisbon

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Ysgol+Gyfun+Gweyr+celebrates+students+continued+success.-a0266313666

I guess I am also a team which would explain why I am male and female and in several spots at the same time.

http://gibletblizzard.blogspot.com/2012/01/star-wars-planets-of-malicrux-iii.html

Seems I am getting bigger, I am a planet now, in Star Wars no less. Sigh, I guess I'll have to report myself now to BW for violating the TOS.

http://www.miniclip.com/sketch-star/en/animation/2564012/sartharion-vs-dominicus

but in my share time, I do artwork. Good to see I have other hobbies to fall back on once BW bans me.

I think you get my point.

Look, unless something just a random string of nonsense, you will find it using Google, there is just that much crap on the internet.

given your list you are not likely to have the problem of your name being taken already but if it was you understand that you did not create the name/word and possess no real rights to it. however my post was mostly aimed towards people with names like gandolf, han, edward, harry, xavier, douku, beowulf or etc and any variations thereof, who know they did not just pick something at random but chose something they knew was popular and tried to get it first and are now surprised someone else did the same thing.

I've been holding onto the name Phoenix for a while. But on my most likely destination server, Phoenix, Phóenix, Phoénix and Phoeníx are already taken. I could either go with a different special character or stick with my most unique name I had on a character I used to play, Petraeus. Decisions Decisions.

OP, you are doing it wrong.

Quoting myself from a thread somewhere.

ADDENDUM: Please use the Numpad to enter this. It works on both Character name and Legacy name. Use with discretion.

à = Alt + 0224

è = Alt + 0232

ì = Alt + 0236

ò = Alt + 0242

ù = Alt + 0249

á = Alt + 0225

é = Alt + 0233

í = Alt + 0237

ó = Alt + 0243

ú = Alt + 0250

ý = Alt + 0253

â = Alt + 0226

ê = Alt + 0234

î = Alt + 0238

ô = Alt + 0244

û = Alt + 0251

ñ = Alt + 0241

ä = Alt + 0228

ë = Alt + 0235

ï = Alt + 0239

ö = Alt + 0246

ü = Alt + 0252

Renaming issues solved. You're welcome.

Enjoy.

Yanno, I love this game, but I tried to warn them that this would become a bigger issue then they had estimated. I suggest, a while ago, that they should have just initiated middle initials as part of the first name (Letters such as A and I obviously not allowed), so as to allow people to keep their names. The usual experts on this board claim it would be a bad idea.

I'll enjoy joining one of the numerous new non-alt code namepolicy guilds and putting everyone on ignore using altcodes or accents.

Well, makes the jerks easier to identify though.

There's just one thing you fail to realise: not everyone is American! Seriously! There are countries outside of the United States. Must be shocking news to take but it's true.

Throughout Europe, using accents and special characters is pretty common; for any European player this is very good advice. One that they (we) would have come up with anyway but still.

GL never getting a whisper again

If someone's looking for group in general chat, you can just click on their name to whisper them; if someone's near to you, you can click on the character itself and then whisper. If you're just looking for level 50s you'll probably search for level 50s, not for names. It's really rare that you actually have to type someone's full name for a whisper...

Sending mails to someone with a "special" name could be a pain, yes but whispering shouldn't be.

I had to use a funky e ~~> ë :(

Not many ways around it though, isn't much play on letters with Fletch :(

Good luck with the fail-code solution.

So there is a guy named "Fletch" on your server and your character is the cheap import rip-off named "Flëtch" ?

Hilarious!

:D

Reminds me of the Simpson episode "Duff Beer" and the export fake "Düff"

Just an FYI to those who are Q_Q about this, I invited 7 people from my guild who had to transfer to Canderous Ordo with symbols in their names. It works fine, you just have to Be smarter than the game.

Open google, type in french alphabet and copy a or e with that mark on it.

I dont want some name like DestroyerOfWorlds or John256, sorry but no. Either random generated name. My player name is simple, regular name. When I created this char on Tomb there was some Raphael there. Didn't meet the guy yet, probably quit the game.

Is it hard for people to whisper you? Yes, probably.

This is only a suggestion that maybe biioware can take into consideration regarding character and legacy names.

(And this has nothing to do with me since I was able to keep my character name and got my legacy name back also.)

It was stated at launch the sooner you were able to get in to play the sooner you could get your name. A lot of people went out and pre-order due to this.

Now we have having transfers because of having too many servers and people are upset about losing their name so my suggestion is as follows:

1. Bioware can check to see if the person that already has that name is a person that is playing or not . If they are then take the next step:

2. Bioware look at the length of time a person has played and see who actually has been playing the longest.

Again this is just a suggestion.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Markov was the original name of my toon. I had to change it to Markӧv and I now have my toon name back with a cool extra vowel. :rak_03:

Ok so you do know that "adding symbols" to a vowel changes its entire pronunciation, right? So when your character Markov was pronounced maybe "mar-cove" or "mar-kov", changing it to Markӧv makes it "mar-kurv".

The stupidity of some people makes me want to punch my computer in the face sometimes.

I have an even better idea: find original names.

At the risk of repeating myself:

If you lost all your names, its because they were terribly boring and un-original. They were not your online identity: they were A online identity that you, along with countless others, associate to. It wasnt yours to begin with. Get off your ***, find your own name, and use it.

I have not been asked to change mine once in 5 years of online gaming. Its not BW's fault you couldnt be bothered to use even a hintling of thought process and went with a 10000th ''Fett' variation or one of those depressingly predictable ''Killer/Beast/Awsome + X''.

P.S. and no its not Stonedsoul either. Ingame name is Nikijih

The problem I have with your suggestion is that a random jumble of letters is not a good name. Sorry, but "Nikijih" is a terrible name. How do you even pronounce that? Nick-uh-juh? Yuk. There is a reason Luke Skywalker is called Luke Skywalker and not Lukihijie Skuerwimkihilker.

Ok so you do know that "adding symbols" to a vowel changes its entire pronunciation, right? So when your character Markov was pronounced maybe "mar-cove" or "mar-kov", changing it to Markӧv makes it "mar-kurv".

That depends on the language. In modern English, ӧ has no meaning so it can mean whatever you want. In SWTOR, your character may be Rattataki, Miralian, etc. Detailed languages haven't been created for these species, so again, ӧ can mean whatever you want it to.

Edited by Arodin

with the added problem that people wont be able to type your name and have to go searching back through the chat logs to click on your name instead of just being able to type it.

why not just invent a new name?

IMHO, people should give accented letters a pass in this game because of the transfers. Honestly though, if you have a naming theme, or are recreating a character you've played in another game, and using accented letters isn't an issue to you, have at it. A lot of us cut our teeth on pen and paper RPGs and have beloved character names and concepts. Others have developed an online persona that they use in every game.

On the other hand, if you had to rename your character Málcõlmrêyñoldš because every other version was taken, yeah, that gets annoying real quick. ;)