Introduce Rare Items Already ...

DiabloDoom

The notion that you can actually complete an MMORPG is quite ridiculous. You want people to keep subbing, give them a reason to, not everyone wants to have to make a new alt every time they complete their char, some people want to be able to use their easily acquired items for a purpose. You know what kept me playing UO and Mir for so long? The prospects that one day I might actually get an epic item, you'd have to slay thousands of mob bosses on average to get something amazing.

Also I think that there should be unique items with unique abilities ingame, an example, a set that summons all group members to your location. These drops should be rare, and non instanced to entice a bit of PvP here and there (guess the PvE carebears will be first come first serve).

Legendary items please :)

Edited by DiabloDoom

there are rare items and epic drops...thanks for playing

Somethings border color does not, in any way, denote its rarity in a game. It did once, but no longer.

Edited by snwmnx

Somethings border color does not, in any way, denote its rarity in a game. It did once, but no longer.

There are items that you need to run on the hamsterwheel to get...

the FPs drop gear you cqan't get any other way.....

I am sorta liking the bathrobe with my school colors...

there are rare items and epic drops...thanks for playing

You referring to what exactly? Anyway I'm not referring to 146 rated items, those are not epic, 160+ ratings that each item only drops maybe every week or two would be epic. BH Campaign and WH are best items you can get but certainly not epic, and most people will have them eventually. Once you have them what is left for you to do?

There are rare items in the game. They are legacy items that are bound to legacy. They drop less frequent that Artifact (Purple Drops). They can be found in most Heroic 2+ and Heroic 4, but on a very VERY rare occasion. I have seen two since 1.2. While there are not Legendary items YET, you can farm these legacy items and give your Alts the edge.

Pretty sure a blue item doesn't drop nearly as much as a white or grey one. Maybe you're just lucky and get one off every mob.

I want to be a special snowflake. Please give us gear that is rare and noticeable! :rak_03:

Not only that :D but it would help create a player driven economy, which every game needs. Although implementing a crafting system where you can create items designed by the player would be the heart of a player driven economy giving endless fun.

If you want a rare item, try getting the Karagga helmet.

http://www.torhead.com/item/aayLTEo/karaggas-unyielding-helm

I have this. And the mount(s). and the customization from keph. I agree, some that drops exceedingly rare from either HM EC or NM KP/EV (which would give me a reason to go back to those raids in pug groups, thus contributing to community ETC) would be pretty cool.

If you want a rare item, try getting the Karagga helmet.

http://www.torhead.com/item/aayLTEo/karaggas-unyielding-helm

Yeah, I'm not talking about skins, skins are good but it's only a different skin in the end, stats are what matters. Also let's not forget special items that can do special things, a rare instant teleporter, teleport to anywhere on the map (with a CD of course) a summon gear set that gives the ability to summon your whole group, just special items that do special things, instant revive etc.

You referring to what exactly? Anyway I'm not referring to 146 rated items, those are not epic, 160+ ratings that each item only drops maybe every week or two would be epic. BH Campaign and WH are best items you can get but certainly not epic, and most people will have them eventually. Once you have them what is left for you to do?

It's gonna be a while before most people will be decked out in Campaign gear.

I'd like to see Legendary items in the game also, but I want it done right... so I can wait until they implement them.

I was a fan of how EQ2 did their Legendary and Mythical weapons back in the day... started at level 40 and did a TON of quests until level 80 to get your legendary.

EQ2 assassin legendary weapon questline is......legendary :)

Yeah, I'm not talking about skins, skins are good but it's only a different skin in the end, stats are what matters. Also let's not forget special items that can do special things, a rare instant teleporter, teleport to anywhere on the map (with a CD of course) a summon gear set that gives the ability to summon your whole group, just special items that do special things, instant revive etc.

If stats matter, then in 1.3 that head gear could easily be one of the highest stat items in game if you put in Black Hole mods, give it an augment slot and put in the best augment available.

There are in fact legendary items in the game with a 1:20,000,000,000 or so drop rate.

Apparently they are soo rare that you haven't even heard of them lol... is that rare enough for you?

Mr. Zeller made a post about it, i'd say 2-3 months ago. you can probably check his post history. He said that at the time of his posting only 2 people had received said item from random rolls. Unfortunately he also didn't tell us what it was, only that it wasn't armor or a weapon and it did something cool.

There are in fact legendary items in the game with a 1:20,000,000,000 or so drop rate.

Apparently they are soo rare that you haven't even heard of them lol... is that rare enough for you?

Mr. Zeller made a post about it, i'd say 2-3 months ago. you can probably check his post history. He said that at the time of his posting only 2 people had received said item from random rolls. Unfortunately he also didn't tell us what it was, only that it wasn't armor or a weapon and it did something cool.

I think the OP wants the exceedingly rare but totally fair "I win button" to drop....

maybe we can work that in on Tython, Ord mantell, or the Sith equals right?

The notion that you can actually complete an MMORPG is quite ridiculous. You want people to keep subbing, give them a reason to, not everyone wants to have to make a new alt every time they complete their char, some people want to be able to use their easily acquired items for a purpose. You know what kept me playing UO and Mir for so long? The prospects that one day I might actually get an epic item, you'd have to slay thousands of mob bosses on average to get something amazing.

Also I think that there should be unique items with unique abilities ingame, an example, a set that summons all group members to your location. These drops should be rare, and non instanced to entice a bit of PvP here and there (guess the PvE carebears will be first come first serve).

Legendary items please :)

Here is the problem:

Pre-1.2: Kids: "OMG BM gear is so ridiculously hard to get."

BioWare: "Ok. in order to make newcomers not be completely useless in PvP, we will lessen the stringency to acquire that gear."

Kids: "OMG! It's too easy to get that gear now, ***."

See the problem?

Your proposed solution is to kill "thousands of mobs to get an epic item."

I can think of a lot of reasons why this is not a good course of action.

But then again, your name has Diablo in it... so I guess that explains quite a bit.

Here is the problem:

Pre-1.2: Kids: "OMG BM gear is so ridiculously hard to get."

BioWare: "Ok. in order to make newcomers not be completely useless in PvP, we will lessen the stringency to acquire that gear."

Kids: "OMG! It's too easy to get that gear now, ***."

See the problem?

Your proposed solution is to kill "thousands of mobs to get an epic item."

I can think of a lot of reasons why this is not a good course of action.

But then again, your name has Diablo in it... so I guess that explains quite a bit.

Diablo,

Doesn't that mean Crazy Chicken............