Serious overloading of servers

Obtena

Look quit all the ************ it is getting pathetic now.

I have to put up with 30 minute queues on TOFN.

But i would rather wait that and have a good playing Experience then go onto a ghost server.

It will sort itself out in time.

Your never happy if they are empty you moan. too full you moan.

ever heard of Goldilocks?

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look quit all the ************ it is getting pathetic now.

I have to put up with 30 minute queues on TOFN.

But i would rather wait that and have a good playing Experience then go onto a ghost server.

It will sort itself out in time.

Your never happy if they are empty you moan. too full you moan.

ever heard of Goldilocks?

30 mins, you must be blessed!

1 hour 30 mins for me, and my allocated gaming time due to RL was.............lets see..........1 and a half hours.

I waited in que for P5 last night for 47 minutes...yes I timed it. The que wait time said less than 60 minutes so I timed it.

Meanwhile fatman is also listed as full with no que and this isn't the first time I've noticed this.

Is P5 that much more full Fatman?

If so...tell me how you guys managed that one...know what, nevermind.

Edited by MetalHed

30 mins, you must be blessed!

1 hour 30 mins for me, and my allocated gaming time due to RL was.............lets see..........1 and a half hours.

Oh wow...I was ticked about having to wait so long to log in, since like you my game time is limited but uh...wow.

This really doesn't make sense, MMORPG*(I didnt want to add the RP to it because the majority of players are either PVE or PVP orientated. not a knock towards RP community)

Im saying that in my opinion I'd rather wait in a queue and log on to a full server rather than a medium-"dead" server.

Which is very, very, very, very, very easy to say............. when you DON'T have a 2 hour queue to log on to your server. ;)

And still doesn't address the issue that there is a vast amount of (happy) ground between a DEAD server and a FULL server (with an upto 1600+ person long 2 hour) queue.

Edited by Goretzu

And still doesn't address the issue that there is a vast amount of (happy) ground between a DEAD server and a FULL server (with an upto 1600+ person long 2 hour) queue.

THIS !!!!!! This is what I don't understand in their actions. They manage always to screw up one way or the other... no middle term.... people want more people to play with ??? LET'S FULL ONE OR TWO SERVERS !!!! 8.... to 80.... always.... people are complaining about a class being to OP ?? let's make it so it's nerfed into oblivion....

Rather than go from the light server I picked (where I could log on whenever I liked, but did have a harder time finding folks to run heroics, etc.) to a more balanced medium population server in the recent transfer, my only option was to go directly to the other extreme (i.e. very high/full) with wait times and vast roving hordes of players thundering through my missions. The fine print may (per earlier comments) say that my money doesn't buy me guaranteed access, but the same fine print also says I can choose to quit sending money and go elsewhere if these waits become annoyingly long and/or frequent. Let's not compound earlier population loss problems by over compression. For the time being, I think we ought to be good sports about this, hoping the issue is just a short term/occasional ironing out of server transfer and update wrinkles, but if this becomes the new normal...

There were some threads about this very thing happening before transfers were available. You should have heeded their warning. All of this could have been avoided. As BioWare said, they are optional, you could have stayed home with your guild and had a bunch better time in game instead of standing outside in the rain looking in. :jawa_smile:

Give us a break. Yes, the transfers were optional, but with likelihood bordering on certainty, anyone who decided not to transfer ended up with a dead server with 0 PvP potential. You could just about make this argument with a straight face for the PvE servers, where in theory a healthy guild could have stayed not caring that warzones will suck from now for ever after.

But arguing that people on PvP servers should have ignored the transfer option and stayed on their original servers hoping everything will be all right is just plain silly.

This is exactly why I happily stayed in Lord Ieldis.

Yes, dead server, but no queues. No waiting to kill mobs.

I don't care about PvP or raiding. I solo pretty much exclusively except for once a week I have a friend that I group with.

I do have my important names saved on Beregen Colony if they start forcing people to leave the dead servers, but until then, I will enjoy my peace and quiet.

My condolences to those that have 2 hour waits to log in. That simply isn't right and BW should have thought about that before trying to transfer everyone to a few select servers. Moderation is the key, and they do need to learn it.

I've been in MMOs since UO, and I've seen this happen before. I hope they can get it worked out, and quickly.

well i thought my 1hr 5mins, 900+ odd in a que was bad - however reading this it seems some people have had longer ques,lol.

atleast with low population servers i got to play more:p

I don't care about PvP or raiding. I solo pretty much exclusively except for once a week I have a friend that I group with.

Why do you play an MMO then ? :D There are TONS of single player games with better gameplay mechanics out there.

The queues on Tomb of Freedon Nadd can't be ignored Bioware. Fix it and fix it fast because we who've transferred from dead servers are pissed royally. Anybody who played there since day 1 are pissed royally. That's every single bleeping PVP interested player who is not German or French.

1 PVP server for all English EU servers genius. Yes, if you made that server have the capacity to hold us. IT DOES NOT.

One begins to ponder if this is just another silly attempt to bleed us dry monetarily. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the paid transfer option wasn't opened very shortly to cash in on this. If so you are a horrible company and your business ethics manure.

Give us a break. Yes, the transfers were optional, but with likelihood bordering on certainty, anyone who decided not to transfer ended up with a dead server with 0 PvP potential. You could just about make this argument with a straight face for the PvE servers, where in theory a healthy guild could have stayed not caring that warzones will suck from now for ever after.

But arguing that people on PvP servers should have ignored the transfer option and stayed on their original servers hoping everything will be all right is just plain silly.

How is it silly to stay on your own server with a group of friends and a guild and wait this circus out? While the majority of players are getting more and more ticked off, about a dozen of us stayed on our home server and have got to keep everything we started with like names, our characters since we are able to log in. We have no lag, no login wait time. Our economy is not what it once was obviously, but it's picking back up as people have started coming back on new characters and new players are also starting out.

Traffic started picking up again on my server even before the patch hit. I can see your point if you're worried strictly about pvp more than anything, but not everyone pvp's.

BioWare will simply have to say they are going to merge servers instead of calling it optional transfers. It blew up in everyone's face, including theirs. I'm going to sit back, stay on the Cantina and watch this continue. I read some where that BioWare was doing this in three phases, I'm curious as to what the next one will be. This one obviously has a lot of people upset as they got themselves stuck and no where to go.

Edited by Tiralyon

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the paid transfer option wasn't opened very shortly to cash in on this. If so you are a horrible company and your business ethics manure.

I won't be a bit surprised if that is phase two of the transfer process. Also don't be shocked if they do it exactly like that and almost all the player base cancels at the same time.

They need to offer free transfers off the destination servers before they do anything else. Back to origin or else where to repopulate the healthy population servers they killed with this.

These queues are getting seriously ridiculous now.

Yes, we requested transfers, Bioware, but put some actual thought into it. Whoever thought 'put them all on 1 server' needs to be fired.

The population should have been spread out over 2 or 3 of the same type rather than forcing us all together.

Such a massive failure...this could so easily back fire.

I know a lot of people say this, but I'm not usually the sort to rage. However, I get to play in the evenings and maybe a bit at the weekend, so a queue of over 1 hour (estimated) is just unforgivable.

I start getting testy at waaaay shorter wait times than that, but I'm still quite hopeful that this is a temporary, or at worst episodic, problem. On the broader server population issue, I frankly don't know why they didn't just collapse sets of a few light servers into a smaller number of medium population servers (unless they reeaaallly need to dial back their costs to keep this game alive). Under a light to moderate shift, BW still gets a more managable number of servers and players get a less drastic (more enjoyable) change. If folks on light servers wanted to play on a heavy server, they would have started on a heavy server. My hope is that this is just an unfortunate, short-term issue. Despite tons of people on Jedi Crusader after the transfer, I've only just started encountering the log-in wait time problem. Everything was AOK for the first week or so (except for the aforementioned roving hordes). Perhaps it will all even out soon.

The problem is very simple and its far from being "community is impossible to please". Not true, community is very easy to please. How? Simply by having server caps far more then the minimum amount of ppl necessary for decent community. But EAware don't have that tech. And the moment server reaches minimal amount necessary for decent community size and BAM! queue. Edited by SnkByte

Lol to get onto Nadd I have to start my comp up a hour and a half to get in to play the server I been playing for ages, just so I can do our Ops. That's 1hr 30mins of keeping my 2year old off it till he goes bed

I start getting testy at waaaay shorter wait times than that, but I'm still quite hopeful that this is a temporary, or at worst episodic, problem.

It will be temporary, as people will get sick of the long wait times and quit.

Personally, if I quit because of the wait times it'd be purely because I can't justify paying for something I can't* play.

*Yes, I know I could go on a server with lower population, but I'm not starting again because Bioware don't have a clue how to run an MMO properly.