So, How Many Names Did You Lose?

Thaed

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of 7 characters I only lost 1 name but I was expecting that because it wasn't original. My 6 other characters (including my main) have original names. Take some time to come up with original names and you'll never have to worry about your names being taken in SWTOR or in any other game.

I even got to keep my Legacy name :rak_03:

I lost the name Sakura on Ajunta Pall and Swiftsure when I transffered those characters off and of course I was unable to get both those names on Jung Ma and The Bastion. I was sorta upset about that since I was there Day 1 Hour 1 minute very early to secure those names on the severs I was a part of.

I also lost my Legacy name from both those servers and then I got my third choice but now I completely regret my 3rd choice of legacy name.

SO I'm a little in the downer pile atm. My account comes up in 3-6 days I think I'll shut down again until group finder comes out. Thats my plan for now.

I had a bug on my account not lettting me create new characters to see if the destionation server could get some names and the GM response I got was Simply terribly horrible, just quotes telling me to come search this site, then saying the information I seek was never revealed so he can not tell me.....yet i quoted in ticket that 8 weeks ago I was able to create new character with the amount of characters I had just something else bugged that wasn't allowing me to create a new character I was very upset with such basic uncaring lack of time spent customer service.

LISTEN.....if the GM couldn't spend the time to accurately read my ticket correctly and help to fix my problem why would his suggestion that I go post in the forums actually get read by actual Developers. My stupid account was still bugged. Bad Gm Service was bad.

I lost all my names! Chow'bacca, Ham'solo, even Dorth'Vadir! This is disgusting Bioware! I'm unsubscribing 20 times if you don't take my names off whoever else was as original as me!

Seriously though, I lost two, because they both had the same name as my main. I am yet to have a name conflict that wasn't caused by myself, and I've been using the name for... damn, about 12 years now. :o

I had a bug on my account not lettting me create new characters to see if the destionation server could get some names and the GM response I got was Simply terribly horrible, just quotes telling me to come search this site, then saying the information I seek was never revealed so he can not tell me.....yet i quoted in ticket that 8 weeks ago I was able to create new character with the amount of characters I had just something else bugged that wasn't allowing me to create a new character I was very upset with such basic uncaring lack of time spent customer service.

LISTEN.....if the GM couldn't spend the time to accurately read my ticket correctly and help to fix my problem why would his suggestion that I go post in the forums actually get read by actual Developers. My stupid account was still bugged. Bad Gm Service was bad.

I can't even read what your problem is, and it's right there... I think. Basically, you asked to know what the destination server was before it was announced and claimed it was a bug stopping you from making characters?

quite frankly, except in the context where its a toon that youve invested a lot of time (read: years!) such that it has begun to generate a fair amount of fame / notoriety within and outside of the game because of that toon's many achievements and accomplishments such that a fair amount of goodwill is attached to that toon and by implication its name, I dont think there's any real / reasonable basis to whine ad nauseum coz u lost a name during a server transfer exercise - jeezers!! get over it, use that creative mind (massive presumption you have one) and generate another - the limits of how creative / cool your toon's name is, is defined by the limits of your own creativity

Im in a state of disbelief of what folks can whine about!! :eek:

Edited by wairuakaha

i logged on dec 13th at 4 am. There were 4 pve west coast servers open. I reserved my name on all of them and started on my legacy on my chosen server (chosen by bioware for my guild)

the server they transferred me to was not open right away on early access, so i had no opportunity to reserve my names there.

I lost 4 lvl 50 names, and my legacy name (most important).

They lost my subscription.

I did everything i possibly could outside of not playing the game during early access and sitting watching for new servers to open to reserve names on... Yet the blame goes straight to the customer, because god forbid anyone could intelligently code multiple names on one server.

May seem like small potatoes to some, but why in ****s sake would i take a day off work, and log in at 4 am on dec 13th if my names were not important to me??? What other benefit is early access???

So, in a game already teetering on the brink of disaster due to bad planning and execution, yet another bad choice has lost more customers.

I put in over a year in beta for free for them, prepaid for ce edition, jumped through every hoop offered, only to be forgotten completely and made to feel like a vagabond who no one even knows on a new server with new names, and no friends lists.

In the immortal words of silky johnson at the player haters ball:

"i hate you. I hate you. I don't even know you, and i hate your guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and nobody else but you. "

^^

+1

I lost 3 out of 8 character names and my legacy name. I reserved names on The Shadowlands before it was announced that my server (Krayt Dragon) was going to transfer to it, so I imagine I might have lost more if I had waited. Was going to use accented characters for the lost names, but just went with a variant spelling for one and complete renames for the other two, It took a while to find a decent legacy name that wasn't taken.

Had to change my legacy name, which maybe you need to do anyways. 1 out of my 4 characters needed to be renamed, but I was able to get a pretty good one to replace it. I picked a different Legacy name that works well with all of them.

0 cuz i know how to choose non generic names :D

Granted, if your name is something like "Gnorpythiltix", you're probably not going to find your name taken, but a lot of people lost names that were non-generic. And even if they did, getting a potentially popular name was one of the perks of early access. I don't have much sympathy for the Bubbafatts and Hánsolos who lost their names, but there's no reason to sneer at people who took the opportunity to snag cool names like Starwolf or Maximus.

Granted, if your name is something like "Gnorpythiltix", you're probably not going to find your name taken, but a lot of people lost names that were non-generic. And even if they did, getting a potentially popular name was one of the perks of early access. I don't have much sympathy for the Bubbafatts and Hánsolos who lost their names, but there's no reason to sneer at people who took the opportunity to snag cool names like Starwolf or Maximus.

No, DarthVenizon uses as many Gummibear, Gummibar, Gumimatze spellings as he can. Who else would even want those?

Edited by Hambunctious

Those are cool names? Seriously? If by cool you mean "never group with me, ever." then yes, yes they are cool.

1/4 character names + legacy taken on destination. Unfortunately, the 3/4 are two level 1 alts I haven't even started on and the 3rd is a placeholder for someone I know in RL that doesn't have the game (computer won't run it yet).

My level 50 in half battlemaster and half war hero is the one that'd have to lose the name, plus the legacy I ground my butt off to make sure I got it before someone else took it.

Cancelled account.

None of my characters have a name of more than 5 letters, none of them have special characters cause I like getting tells, all of them are easily recognizable as names and not as gjlxx.

I lost none.

None of them are actual star wars names or clones of star wars names.

********************************************************************************************

"...If your name is Revan or a recognizable clone of Revan, I won't group with you...this goes for Vader, Palpatine, or any other major star wars power..."

"...Why is it that most of the Star Trek books are at least entertaining, and some of them are actually decently written, but Star Wars books read like the worst possible trash (with the possible exception of Zahn)?

Edited by Ooloi

Lost 5 out of 7 names and my Legacy...

On the one hand Im ok with it because merge but on the other hand I WANT MY NAMES BACK ;-;

Took me a lot of effort to get them in the first place

i understand you want the names back.its logical.. but besides the legacy name ( which takes leveling) what effort did it really take for you to find a couple of names, and put themi n the game and see if they were taken, if they were wash rinse and repeat till a name you had chosen got through.

its not like you were solving differential equations in order to make a character..its hit and miss.

the legacy yes i agree with.. you had to work to get that, Id have liked to see a more stable way for people to keep legacies..

but remember ..if you had to work your butt off to get a legacy name... someone else had to as well. and by your admission, you really couldnt care how much work someone else put in to get THE same legacy name on THEIR server.. only that you lost yours..

the problem isnt that people lost names, they did, tis unfortunite. it sucks and i am about 90% sure i will lose all of my names and my legacy name whenever i FINALLY get a transfer..

but the problem is that people are not considering that this OTHER person that took YOUR name, had it on a seperate server, and got lucky, roll of the dice lucky... it isnt there fault, but you are trying to basically make them take the burn instead of you

i wish bioware could have come up with a more 'fair' way to sort out the naming convention for transfers, but sadly this is the way they decided to go.

it isnt the best system, but its the only system we have.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.