So, How Many Names Did You Lose?

Thaed

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm down three, that I care about ;(.

Now to spend an hour on each trying to think of better ones, and a legacy to match.

Edit: For the record, I'm not bitter or in any way blaming Bioware. Just a little sad, which is outweighed by the fact I'll (hopefully) have a decent WZ pop rate at any time of the day.

Edit 2: Get off your high horses about original names. You know the real reason your name wasn't taken? It's either because a), you're lucky, or b) the name is terrible.

No matter how original you think your name is, if its pronouncable, someone else has used it at some point throughout history.

None! I am scewed my server is a destination server.

I had 2 main servers....one for repub, and one for sith.

The Repub just got moved. Of the 8 chars, 1 for each class type, and 4 male/female split, I lost half my names.

Lost 3 female names, and 1 male name. My main char names remained intact, so really wasnt upset.

Lost 4 of 4 that have been transferred. Would lose 6 of 6 more that are eligible for transfer but I'm not moving them. All were names created within the first 15 minutes of the first wave of early access on Dec. 13.

As soon as I finished transferring characters I rerolled my original names on my old server. Part of me wants to start working on those re-rolls, rather than play the level 50 changelings on my new home.

Lost 4 of 4 that have been transferred. Would lose 6 of 6 more that are eligible for transfer but I'm not moving them. All were names created within the first 15 minutes of the first wave of early access on Dec. 13.

As soon as I finished transferring characters I rerolled my original names on my old server. Part of me wants to start working on those re-rolls, rather than play the level 50 changelings on my new home.

Yeah, after I transfer I plan on making lv1 toons with my origin server to memorialize them haha.

I lost one, but it was a really common name, so I just defaulted to what I've called him in nearly every MMO since AC1.

Had one guild member who lost every one his names, like six of them.

It's not a terribly-big deal, but it does kinda suck.

All of them....and while I was able to get variations of them the more I sit here the more unhappy I become. It's just not the same and I've gone from Angry to just..depressed about it all and I don't really know what to do.

How? Since nobody knew about the choice of destination server.

I would lose 3 character names, and my legacy name if I would decide to move now.

some people made place holders on every server back in early access and again as new servers rolled out

because they care so much that nobody else could have it at all.

i started this game with early access so i could have the name choices i wanted (my name is my online identity). now that BW has successfully ran this game into the ground (IMO) we are forced to move our toons to another server for low population issues. why must i give up the name i have used for so long, in so many games...for someones level 1 placeholder?

this is unacceptable Bioware, i can understand you all are "noobs" to the MMO scene but seriously, look at the history of other games, and how they lost millions of subscribers...i could go into detail with specifics, but im sure most people reading this already have a lengthy list of their own.

i still have a few days or so of playtime, so i will be back to this thread a few more times.

Peace to all my guildies/friends, may we meet in another game!

thanks Bioware for deleting my original post, very mature of you.

6 characters, one Legacy name and didn't lose any names, neither did my husband who has 6 characters and one Legacy name. Mine are moderately unusual, other than my Troopers name, so it wasn't suprizing to me that I didn't have to rename. I was moderately suprised he didn't have to though.

i started this game with early access so i could have the name choices i wanted (my name is my online identity). now that BW has successfully ran this game into the ground (IMO) we are forced to move our toons to another server for low population issues. why must i give up the name i have used for so long, in so many games...for someones level 1 placeholder?

this is unacceptable Bioware, i can understand you all are "noobs" to the MMO scene but seriously, look at the history of other games, and how they lost millions of subscribers...i could go into detail with specifics, but im sure most people reading this already have a lengthy list of their own.

i still have a few days or so of playtime, so i will be back to this thread a few more times.

Peace to all my guildies/friends, may we meet in another game!

thanks Bioware for deleting my original post, very mature of you.

I agree with you 100%

some people made place holders on every server back in early access and again as new servers rolled out

because they care so much that nobody else could have it at all.

Wow... talking about determination, thanks for clarifying.

lost three. go figure that they were also the first 3 characters I created during early launch play.

It's not like I'm overly attached, but that is kinda lame. Stay on a dead server, or change my names of my characters.... I love choices.

I seriously am thinking of letting my time run out. Not whining, just stating a fact. In my mind, they could plan ahead, or have you pick your legacy name at start, so you have your name and legacy name as a combo... therefore less overlap... like Bob, yeah that can be on every server, but Bob Smarty, well that may be more original and not be taken when you have to switch.... but no, they went with the ancient form of simple names and a gimmick on the backend of story chapter 1.

Bah.