So, How Many Names Did You Lose?

Thaed

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of them are taken, so I guess I'll be leaving when my sub is up. What a terrible way to treat people who've been with you from the beginning... GW2 is starting to look promising suddenly.

Seriously? What did you want Bioware to do? Force the person who had been on that server with those names to give them up? You wanted to transfer, don't blame Bioware.

0/7 character names lost, 1/1 legacy name.

Kudos to you, whomever on the Ebon Hawk that had the wherewithal to make their legacy known by the name "

"

So I was forced to change it to "The

Legacy" Edited by mokkh

Seriously? What did you want Bioware to do? Force the person who had been on that server with those names to give them up? You wanted to transfer, don't blame Bioware.

As if staying on a dead server is an option.

Myself i lost 2 names of low level characters, no big deal. I did however lose the name for one of my 50's and my Legacy name. That really sucks and i am considering to end my sub.

What can Bioware do about this? Well they can reset the names of the people that have cancelled their accounts and won't be coming back to free up names. Also i think if my names were created before theirs they should indeed be the one that has to change it. As for Legacy names should have been unique from the start so you would not have this problem at all.

Better yet they could have not messed up and made that many bloody servers. So yes i do think Bioware is to blame here.

It will be a "have to" transfer, not really an option, after those servers are taken offline. So yes, technically, he/she is forced to move and lose the names.

All of them are taken, so I guess I'll be leaving when my sub is up. What a terrible way to treat people who've been with you from the beginning... GW2 is starting to look promising suddenly.

You an your ilk in this thread a so petty. Leaving over something so trivial as a name. Eat some concrete, and toughen up.

All seven of my characters on Lord Adraas needed new names. Didn't think BW would start the process of closing a server that had a fairly healthy population. I'll play occasionally until my time card runs out then I'll wait for the next latest and greatest mmo.

Two... sadly the one still in my signature was one of them... and now I consider not continuing my sub. The other name I had to change had a funny surprise for me, I got the name on the new server which I couldn't get on my old server for that character... but that was anyway just an alt.

If you would quit because of a name then I can't imagine how much you whine in real life lol.

I lost one to myself, because I had chars on both a destination and one of its origin servers, and the name overlapped. Had I the choice I would have swapped who had the name though - the char who transferred should have had it instead of the one who didn't. The other char I transferred over also lost hers, and the third one that I didn't move would also have lost hers, since it was already unavailable a long time ago - but I don't have a slot to move her to anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Lost one but my main toons haven't been given transfer yet. The single name lost was on Axial Park--->Jedi Covenant, and it was denied not because it was taken but because it was somehow suddenly deemed inappropriate (funny, I've never created an intentionally nasty name in my life). I changed the name, decided eh I have a higher level agent on Ebon Hawk anyway now, then promptly deleted the character :rolleyes: I didn't want any characters on Jedi Covenant anyway...

If you would quit because of a name then I can't imagine how much you whine in real life lol.

It's just a game City. In some peoples cases they just don't feel like playing with characters that have names that are now odd for them. It's neither whining nor a threat -- it's just a statement of that particular persons lack of enjoyment in the game. Server mergers are not a good thing and never have been. It's best, imo, for the gaming company (BW in this case) to accept the queues and work on increasing server caps rather than add servers at launch, populations always decrease dramatically after launch and the honeymoon wears off. Then this happens, then more people quit.

Personally I'll just let my time card expire and wait on the next latest and greatest mmo. ;)

The name & personal concept is the most important thing about the character to some. The power of the character is the most important thing to others. Just look at the stream of tears that pours out the moment a class gets an overpowered ability rebalanced.

Its something important to the person's enjoyment of the character being changed without the person being able to do anything about it. If something important to you is trashed, it's hardly surprising some people just say "meh, stuff this then". Personally I would normally rather re-create a character than re-name it, but I was able to keep all my names (AU/NZ xfer, so had them reserved on a fresh server)... if I character class gets over-nerfed tho, I'll just play another till it rebalances in another patch or so.

In the long run it's an unfortunate change that has to happen for the good of the game as a whole, but not everyone's gonna like it & it'll cost them subs as well as gaining/retaining them subs.

Edited by Lakhesis

It's just a game City. In some peoples cases they just don't feel like playing with characters that have names that are now odd for them. It's neither whining nor a threat -- it's just a statement of that particular persons lack of enjoyment in the game. Server mergers are not a good thing and never have been. It's best, imo, for the gaming company (BW in this case) to accept the queues and work on increasing server caps rather than add servers at launch, populations always decrease dramatically after launch and the honeymoon wears off. Then this happens, then more people quit.

Personally I'll just let my time card expire and wait on the next latest and greatest mmo. ;)

If people quit because of their toons name, I think they don't enjoy playing the game if the first place. You don't quit a game you enjoy playing because of name, unless there is something wrong with you.

Sure I have grown attached to my toons names, but if I was given the option of only being allow to transfer is I changed my my name. I wouldn't even blink, I'd be transferring.

Lost my legacy name, but my actual character names are made up by me and never taken XD

I was actually very glad about the deal with legacy names... even if your's isn't taken you still can re-name it... considering mine was just a random string of letters because I was drunk off my *** when I made it this was very nice ... which how much ************ people have done about being able to change their legacy names you'd think this would be hailed as something great

If people quit because of their toons name, I think they don't enjoy playing the game if the first place. You don't quit a game you enjoy playing because of name, unless there is something wrong with you.

Sure I have grown attached to my toons names, but if I was given the option of only being allow to transfer is I changed my my name. I wouldn't even blink, I'd be transferring.

Agree with ya for the most part. Quitting b/c of a name change is one of the most ridiculous things i have ever heard of. I don't know a single person that i have ever played an MMO with or ever run into a single person in all my gaming years that has quit a game because he/she could not get the name they were wanting.

Make a new name, redefine your character, take a new beginning, etc. I know for sure that i won't be able to get any of my names when i xfer, but i will happily name them something similar to their original name in order to get a server xfer. When you quit a game b/c of not getting your normal name then i highly doubt the real reason your quitting is b/c of a name change.