A queue!

Chessrook

Aha there's one! So would you rather be on a server with 10 people? Or one that be light after GW2 steals people away?

GW2....wait, that game is not going to have a sub right? So you can play for free? So what the company makes for each copy sold is meant to sustain development through the game's life correct? If I head correctly and read correctly about GW2, it is not a F2P game where you will pay for certain aspects such as new quest, gear ect ect, but only for the game....Well, in that case, lets see how long that initial pot of case will last until development of new content bleeds it dry....

Never trust something that is given for free......

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This was fine for Beta and my pre launch bonus time but it is not OK now. I don't care if the ELUA says they can put me in a queue I will not pay for a game that I can't play. With all the crap SOE pulled over my tenure with EQ2 they did not put me in to a queue.

^ Is this what you are looking for OP? :p

Hey Ganner, BW is RAISING server caps you know.

Why are these the only two choices?

Did Neo have 3 choices, no. There is only Red and Blue for us. ;)

Edited by Eillack

GW2....wait, that game is not going to have a sub right? So you can play for free? So what the company makes for each copy sold is meant to sustain development through the game's life correct? If I head correctly and read correctly about GW2, it is not a F2P game where you will pay for certain aspects such as new quest, gear ect ect, but only for the game....Well, in that case, lets see how long that initial pot of case will last until development of new content bleeds it dry....

GW2 will make money the same was as GW1, frequent expansions, selling character slots, cosmetics, etc...

I hope that BW sticks to their guns and their plan. It looks solid to me, and past experience with server queues suggests that in two weeks time the average player's play time will stabilize and queues will most likely be in the 5-10 minute range at most during prime time. Have a little patience.

Complaining about queues--First World Problem; get over it.

GW2 will follow the GW1 model with a cosmetic cash shop. It has proven sustainable.

Last week i went to the movie theater, and I had to wait 10mins in line before entering and get a seat. I paid to watch the movie, I shouln't be in lines.

Don't even get me started with the McDonalds queue times. Jeesh. I almost cancelled my sub, but then I ate their burger.

Last week i went to the movie theater, and I had to wait 10mins in line before entering and get a seat. I paid to watch the movie, I shouln't be in lines.

QFT, and don't even get me started with airports.

Don't even get me started with the McDonalds queue times. Jeesh. I almost cancelled my sub, but then I ate their burger.

I went to the deli across the street for lunch and put in an order. But after waiting ten minutes I decided it took too long so I cancelled my sub.

I went to the deli across the street for lunch and put in an order. But after waiting ten minutes I decided it took too long so I cancelled my sub.

I was going for something like that, but for the life of me I couldn't think of a place that sold subs besides Subway XD.

Worry not. People are just checking out their new servers. Once people's gaming habits go back to normal, queues should subside.

Someone else posted this, and I don't remember who, but they said, and I agree with them...

"I'd rather wait 15 minutes to log on to a packed server than have an instant login to a ghost town."

I was on Sanctum of the Exalted. Got my guild transferred over to Ebon Hawk tonight. There were 2x nearly 300 person instances of fleet at one point. Crazy!

Paige

Worry not. People are just checking out their new servers. Once people's gaming habits go back to normal, queues should subside.

Someone else posted this, and I don't remember who, but they said, and I agree with them...

"I'd rather wait 15 minutes to log on to a packed server than have an instant login to a ghost town."

I was on Sanctum of the Exalted. Got my guild transferred over to Ebon Hawk tonight. There were 2x nearly 300 person instances of fleet at one point. Crazy!

Paige

Shame Sanctum wasn't a ghost town until today ( 50 on fleet both sides at peak ) now I'm glad you are happy and your guild but , 6 rp servers into 1 server isn't right , they weren't that dead into 2 maybe but not one no way.

cheers,

Badorb.

At this point in the game, a queue is the best thing we could have!! anyone ranting about it should go shut up because the needs of the many outweigh the needs of you!!

this statement only applies in the time it was said, which is during the age of Star Trek. we are not anywhere near that level of ubiquitous worth, so i must respectfully disagree, and will continue to hold my needs above you wretched lot.

The only issue I have is the real lack of information on whats happening to the servers you can leave from

Since Ebon Hawk is now the only RP server on the east coast, people are acting now on the information they have and transferring over. Id say most feel they have to, and are worried about long term effects of lack of players if they dont leave.

I don't expect the queues to last. People are excited for the first time in months that they can get groups together to do content.

Once they see all the content the game has to offer in the next 3 days or so they will get bored and won't log in as much. Then no more queues.

Well don't forget this is because transfers are all new etc. Everyone is getting their characters transferred and logging into their new servers.

Couple of days down the line the servers will be less crazy busy but just nicely full :)

Perhaps not Alifaraaz. Lord Adraas had a healthy population. There were usually over 100 on the Republic Fleet during prime time. If you presume that Ebon Hawke was approximately the same population wise (or higher) what you could be witnessing is the new normal for Ebon Hawke on a mid week evening. Most people are looking at the transfer offering (from all but 1 rp-PvE server) as an early indication that BW will close those servers and are bailing or seriously considering bailing even from Lord Adraas. Now add in the population from genuinely low pop servers and it could be a real mess for some time, let alone the weekend.