Cel Cawdro's Ultimate "Community Desire for Species" Poll

CelCawdro

And I agree that I'd love to see just what kind of timeframe exists for the implementation of Cathar, let alone subsequent species. But such is the nature of MMO development - nothing creates a maelstrom of negativity on forums like tossing a timeline out there that doesn't align with reality. Edited by CelCawdro

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I agree that I'd love to see just what kind of timeframe exists for the implementation of Cathar, let alone subsequent species. But such is the nature of MMO development - nothing creates a maelstrom of negativity on forums like tossing a timeline out there that doesn't align with reality.

They should at least know what patch it will be implemented.

Given we already have this poll and I know there were a lot of them prior to release I am wondering why it has taken them so long to think, "ask the players what they want to play" i hope we actual see new species before the end of the year and not just Cathar with a promise to discuss it with the comunity at a later date to add more. I know I am waiting on new species before any new characters or doing much end game content on my exisiting ones.

Because players wants species that need huge development time:

• Duplicating all existing gear to fit the new heads/bodies
  • Recording new V.O. or creating new alien gibberish voice filters
  • Writing background stories and key points fitting the existing story

That's mostly whey they said players can't relate to non humanoid species.

P.S.: if you believed them, you have been deceived :p

1: Kel Dor (Was my fav race to play in games they where in)

2: Cyborgs that look like Cyborgs, not humans with glasses & headsets

3: Devaronian (Cathar look republic, i want a empire centered race)

All are humanoids that can use the standard already ingame gear and should really be implemented before a expansion, cyborgs really need cybernetic features like... a metal robotic skull from terminator.. or something.

I would say wookie, but wookies Can Not be Jedi/Sith, they are simply too large to run around with a sword 1/10th their size, not only that but making gear for them would be more difficult than voiceacting everything in the game >.>

Edited by Daethorz

First off i just wanted to say i don't give a Bothan's bottom about the Cathar race. Second, awesome idea for a poll, kudos for that.

I do find it kind of annoying that people are making lists that are not serious. Can we keep it to valid and doable races please, i.e. races with arms and legs.

1. Trandoshan

2. Wookiee

3. Kaleesh

May i also just say that i find the cyborg race in SWTOR completely pointless. Bioware should make all current in-game Cyborgs Human and then remove the race from character creation and add the implants to the human creation menu.