AP-> JM transfear (west->east) BW i choosed west server for a reason (lag)!!!

alkhattabi

AP-> JM transfear (west->east) BW me and my friends choosed west server for a reason (lag)!!!

On west server my lag is around 300-200 on east server my lag is 600-500 !!!

And for some reason i cant login to any east servers(error code 1003) without using a VPN to change my ip which increase the lag

now what bw ?

Edited by alkhattabi

AP-> JM transfear (west->east) BW me and my friends choosed west server for a reason (lag)!!!

And for some reason i cant login to any east servers(error code 1003) without using a VPN to change my ip which increase the lag

now what bw ?

what?

I've said this before, so I'll quote it here:

There aren't a lot of options. Ajunta Pall is the only RP PVP West server. Either it stays low population, or it merges with other RP PVP servers on the East Coast.

A lot of people were pissed yesterday when they didn't get a transfer yesterday, so they offered transfers to AP players to Jung Ma server.

Today, a lot of the people that don't want to transfer to an RP PVP East server are now pissed because AP's population is plummeting.

You can't please everyone.

My suggestion: move. If you all move to Jung Ma, you'll all still log on at the same time and be able to play with one another. You'll also have the advantage of the addition of east coast off schedule players to your player pool.

As far as lag, I see reports left and right that the server lag is non existent for west coast players.

now what bw ?

IDK...... Go to the highest tier service your ISP provides? It has little to do with moving it to the East coast anyway...

IDK...... Go to the highest tier service your ISP provides? It has little to do with moving it to the East coast anyway...

if hes getting 200+ ping on a west server as a west coaster.. hes running dial up.

now what bw ?

Get a better ISP dude, I get 200-300 lag playing on a PAC server. Normal for me is under 20 for both east and west.

now what bw ?

I don't think it matters, I thought all servers where at a central location and only the servers internal clock was different to set East, West, Exe?

I don't think it matters, I thought all servers where at a central location and only the servers internal clock was different to set East, West, Exe?

The game clock is the time on your computer, not the server.. That much I know for certain. But I thought all of the servers were centrally located as well. Because when I first started I had characters on several different servers until I found a guild and community that I enjoyed. My lag on all of them was about equal.

I can go back and check when I get home from work to be sure, because most of those low level guys still exist.

The bigger question is what kind of internet connection are u using and the stability of the connection.

Something is wrong even if you are getting 200 - 300 ms within continental US with a normal connection like Fibre / ADSL. Are you outside US or using satelite ISP connection etc ?

if hes getting 200+ ping on a west server as a west coaster.. hes running dial up.

am not running dial up am playing from china ... and west coast has the better lag for me than east coast -eu server or asian server ( which is the worst )

from 200-300 to 500-600 thats alot

hes in china atleast that what his profile says

Okay, that would be some crazy lag. Isn't there an Oceanic server though?

Sometimes I think SWTOR made too many American Servers and not enough global. Seriously rather than 200 American servers, 100 American servers with 25-50 non American servers would have been better.

I live pretty much on the west shore (the Pacific Ocean is 1 block from my house) and on Ajunta Pall my fleet lag was about 30-40. If it ever went higher than 80 it was an issue on my end and I'd check it out (in general my roommate was streaming **** - :mad:).

I created a character on Jung Ma to check it out - varied from 90-110.

My question is this, if I've got 90-110 on the fleet can I still PvP, or am I going to get butt hurt?

It has nothing to do with ISP, I was on Ajunta Pall and averaged 37ms. I'm running a 20m down, 5 up with comcast and I'm average 140ms with 200k spikes on Jung Ma. You're suggesting I go to 50m down just to play this game? That a bad joke? All it has to do with server location, all us west coast players got screwed by Biowares poor planning. Edited by Dundake

I doubt it, I don't think there is a direct line from China to Sydney where the server are located. The traffic will go through the west coast anyway, then to australia.

200ms on west coast, 250ms on east. The 200 on AP never stopped me doing anything and I am not concerned about the 50ms increase now me and my guild are on JM.

I don't understand why people think they can't play at 80/120 etc. I have never noticed any effect on my game at all sitting on 200.

With a 1.5 s global cooldown, people complaining about 130 ms lag just makes me laugh. Because I'm long past the point where idiocy brings me tears.

Yeah thing is that going from 30-130 can screw you over A LOT in PvP. I guess it's lucky I'm focused on Operations right now. But even with my current PvE focus there are some issues, I transferred my Jedi Guardian over today. What did I notice? Nightmare Foreman Crusher was a bit harder with the increased lag. So the issue wasn't even abilities, it was moving my character - that was actually surprising. I guess the 1.5 s CD absorbs most of the lag (that is probably intentional) and avoiding the AoEs should be easy as long as I don't get sleepy (mind you I sometimes play at 3 am so the increased lag could force me to sleep more, which is an improvement:p).

Edited by AshlaBoga
spelling error

With a 1.5 s global cooldown, people complaining about 130 ms lag just makes me laugh. Because I'm long past the point where idiocy brings me tears.

If you can't tell a difference between 30ms and a 150ms in PvP, that's you then. I can tell the difference it makes when a shadow or scoundrel vanishes and how quick my stealth scan activates after hitting it. Several guildmates and I could easily, as the server would spike to 200ms quite often for all of us. You chose to play on a east coast server, that's you. We chose west coast for the better performance and with the recent transfers, we are forced to play in either a ghost town or a something laggy.

Sometimes I think SWTOR made too many American Servers and not enough global. Seriously rather than 200 American servers, 100 American servers with 25-50 non American servers would have been better.

I live pretty much on the west shore (the Pacific Ocean is 1 block from my house) and on Ajunta Pall my fleet lag was about 30-40. If it ever went higher than 80 it was an issue on my end and I'd check it out (in general my roommate was streaming **** - :mad:).

I created a character on Jung Ma to check it out - varied from 90-110.

My question is this, if I've got 90-110 on the fleet can I still PvP, or am I going to get butt hurt?

butt hurt.

100ms is 0.1 second. it has huge impact with your pvp, as all your movement will be 0.1 slower. PvE is ok though.

Completely agree as such I have not moved as of yet.

People that dont know about the server locations or understand ms and reactions and spikes should stay out of the convo. People use tunnel programs with other games hoping to get under 100 ms for PvP. Just because you don't notice it or your location isn't any issue doesn't mean others aren't. Some cities such as Seattle lock out th better Internet providers I cannot get comcast in my condo so I have to use ****** Broadstripe or clear or dsl. There is no other option. Please try to have a little understanding for others, this doesn't effect you then great we are happy for you enjoy the server. We would prefer a PST server in the west coast data center.

Although given BWs customer care we may have little choice other then move, reroll, unsub.

so we at ajunta pall should reroll at Bastion?

If we weren't allowed to transfer at least AP could have sustained better population. now ppl are moving out it's a ghosttown and we are forced to play with high MS...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.